Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Five Talking Points – Tottenham Hotspur | West Ham United
Fast forward 14 months and Spurs are again vying for the title, with a win on their first visit to London Stadium taking them to within a point of leaders Chelsea.

Every West Ham fan would no doubt love to scupper the north London club’s championship challenge for a second season running, so can history repeat itself?

It's so funny to see clubs desperately trying to remain significant. 'Oh we can be the team that ended their title hopes!'

Like last year Chelsea, acting like they won the league single-handedly for Leicester.

Nobody cares about you West ham, please stop.

Totally different situation. The thing that really riled our players was knowing Chelsea would let Leicester get the the result they needed instead of it being a game they could potentially lose points in, so it was all done by that point.

If such a thing as karma truly exists then Chelsea will fail to win any of their last 4 games and we'll win the title at Leicester.

Now imagine if Jose did us a favour, he still wants to be the most successful manager Chelsea have and Man U are in with a shout of winning the Europa so why not? Sure we should beat them but he could make it easier for us... Would really fuck them off as well and he likes that sort of thing.

It is indeed their only motivation. I can't get my head around that mentality, thank god I've never had too.

For reasons that still today escape me they have decided that we are apparently their biggest rivals. It seems a relatively new thing, only really developing over the past 10-15 years or so (presumably now that Millwall have no chance of ever being relevant again) and they see us as we see Woolwich. They fucking hate that it's not a two way rivalry and I think that fact ironically spurs them on even more (no pun intended).

It's so funny to see clubs desperately trying to remain significant. 'Oh we can be the team that ended their title hopes!'

Like last year Chelsea, acting like they won the league single-handedly for Leicester.

they've done it years I remember when I was a nipper some West Ham mug come into school swinging his dick around like he owned the world i asked why he was so chipper he told me that West Ham had won Blackburn the league because they snatched a draw against Man U he meant it too.

They are going to come at us, so we need to up for physical play from the start. I think the key will be constant rotation between Alli\Eriksen\Son up front.

9:9 Bobby Zamora with all the goal

COYS

It is indeed their only motivation. I can't get my head around that mentality, thank god I've never had too.

Martin-Freeman-What-the-fuck-is-that.gif

I can't believe that's real. Good lord.

Jesus wept. It's not like we're level on points with Chelsea. We could win all our games and still miss out.

I notice that West Brom don't claim that they ended our title chances last season - despite the fact that they probably did a lot more damage than anyone else (Chelsea confirmed it, but it was already lost at that point).

They are going to come at us, so we need to up for physical play from the start. I think the key will be constant rotation between Alli\Eriksen\Son up front.

9:9 Bobby Zamora with all the goal

COYS

Do you reckon? I'd've thought that they'd try to play a containing, counterattacking game. Coming hell for leather at Spurs is about as mad a strategy as any team in the premier league could have. If I was Bilic I'd be packing the midfield, staying compact, giving up possession and looking to break. Palace managed it for over 70 minutes against us, and kept the scoreline quite respectable, and a draw against us would be a massive achievement for West Ham.

They'll definitely be physical though - perhaps that's what you meant.

Do you reckon? I'd've thought that they'd try to play a containing, counterattacking game. Coming hell for leather at Spurs is about as mad a strategy as any team in the premier league could have. If I was Bilic I'd be packing the midfield, staying compact, giving up possession and looking to break. Palace managed it for over 70 minutes against us, and kept the scoreline quite respectable, and a draw against us would be a massive achievement for West Ham.

They'll definitely be physical though - perhaps that's what you meant.
Oh, I meant that will be physical as in going in for wild tackles and strong contact in hope to break and shake our play. Kouyate will try to rough Eriksen up. I definitely didn't mean they will try to press us high and try to spurs us.

Back
Top Bottom