Spurs a mess? (ESPN article)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's got it in one. Trouble is we see managers come and go with instant success a neccessity. It doesn't work that way as much as we want it to. Park it at Levy's door and see what the response is.

Totally spot on in my view. What's worrying aswell is some of the comments below the article. Heads in the sand and need to wake upto the reality.

Yes it is. He has a season ticket but that could mean fuck all if he doesn't go. Underwhelmingly he's only reiterating what is being said. IMO the Adebayor situation is the one that is bugging Poch. He might smile if Ade gets injured or disappears permanently.

I personally think its a terrible article. It makes a few valid points but leave's out everything positive from this season. Its really everything that is wrong with fans at the moment. Negative, alarmist, misinformed. There's no chance Ade is on 170k a week. Mason has been very good, Stambouli has barely played and Beneleb has been hurt but apparently they're just "squad players". We're 3 points behind the scum, even with Pool, and can go ahead of United with a win. We've had a few poor losses but everyone has shown that this season. Hell, City just drew with QPR who we absolutely destroyed. If Poch is allowed to trim the squad and bring in a few players of his own in January and the summer than I believe he'll be successful. If not, he'll probably be unsuccessful just like AVB was and that's on Levy.

Imo ... John Crace sometimes writes brilliant articles about Spurs (on ESPNFC), and other times they're just meh and too negative.

I haven't read this yet, but I just wana say that I'm really not seeing at all Poch's stamp on this team atm. There's pretty much little difference in how we played last year compared to this.

That being said, I'm no way boarding the anti-Poch band, and I absolutely think he needs more time. I think the majority of the problem simply is due to the disposal of players in front of him, so there's not much to blame Poch for. ... It should go towards the players AND the board.

Edit:

I just read the article.
It started out giving the hurting truth, but it then became to pessimistic for my liking. I'm gonna toss this article to the meh pile ... nothing new or constructive here. I hope we smash Stoke, just so Crace can eat his words about his messy 1-1 draw that he's predicting.

Last edited:
I personally think its a terrible article. It makes a few valid points but leave's out everything positive from this season. Its really everything that is wrong with fans at the moment. Negative, alarmist, misinformed. There's no chance Ade is on 170k a week. Mason has been very good, Stambouli has barely played and Beneleb has been hurt but apparently they're just "squad players". We're 3 points behind the scum, even with Pool, and can go ahead of United with a win. We've had a few poor losses but everyone has shown that this season. Hell, City just drew with QPR who we absolutely destroyed. If Poch is allowed to trim the squad and bring in a few players of his own in January and the summer than I believe he'll be successful. If not, he'll probably be unsuccessful just like AVB was and that's on Levy.
My faith has been restored by your post. One of the most positive ones I've read in a while. Mine have been shit in the recent past. Also on the plus side, I've just spent 40 mins to the Halifax bank with a fraud claim cos £399 appeared on my account to John Lewis which wasn't me. Now sorted. I can now go to the Lane tomorrow with my shirt & poppy and hopefully see Charlie Adam get done by Eriksen ( LOL ) or by anybody plus 3 pts. That would be happy days! COYS!

Back
Top Bottom