SPURS-FANS-STAND-BAN!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My last day is v west ham as you know mate...im done ..saw the shiny new place and very nice it is too. !..needs a rabid intimidating audience to get full value..the sound of munching popcorn and kids laden with full sugar fizzy pop aint what is meant .

Don’t worry everyone can sit down, and maybe a happy clapper on every seat.
Clearly the club thought the City crowd was a tad too riff raffy and loud.

We can always play that drum over the PA again, maybe bring that band from the concourse into the South Stand and get people to have running man dance offs.

As long as you stay for two hours after and ploug money into the bars, after taking a right hook from one of the clubs stewards for celebrating a goal for too long.....some cunt with a puppet behind you can’t see the pitch for his funny YouTube video you see.

Will be lovely to have West Ham sing us under the table and mug us off....at least our world class acoustics will show the whole world how loud they were. I wonder if they will be allowed to stand? Hmmmmm

And in the summer we can go and watch some cunting Yank shit with some cunts called the something Rams vs the something Pheasants, and eat corn dogs and whoop and high five.

Inspired by Dortmund they said....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Spursy
Well fucking done you wankers

Tottenham ban fans for persistent standing at new stadium

Christ... anyone we know on here get banned?

Looks like they're taking it seriously...

Seems like we're all gonna have to Sidddaaaahhnnn from now on!

C'est la vie... I'm pro-standing, but it was unrealistic of fans to expect the club to change it's stance on standing and in doing so challenge the powers that be; just cos we have a different ground now.

HOWEVER:

Can we lodge a counter notion opposing the sale of Pizza & Burgers during the game; because my match-day experience was significantly tainted over the weekend by being up and down CONSTANTLY to let people past to go for refreshments.

....It'd have 'happily' (see: reluctantly) conceded to a 'seated only' policy given half the fucking chance!

TBH, I couldn't give a shit if its beer, food, piss-breaks or-whatever; so this rant isn't simply about 'footy tourists'..... It's a 90min game FFS.... How little genuine interest do you fuckers have in the actual game, that you can't exist without??? It's like kids wanting a fucking ice-cream the moment they hear mention of the seaside or a piss the moment they get in the car.

Meanwhile, no provision for a smoking area in the entire site dictates that smokers (or anyone accompanied by smokers) are pretty much exiled from the idea of an after game jolly in one of the bars with the rest of the hoards.

I watched as the stewards pulled people out at the Man city game for standing and knew this shit is on the cards.
All we can do is protest the best you can, don't buy a bloody thing in the ground, they'll soon get the message.
It really saddens me as we were sold this idea of a fans end modelled on Dormunds yellow wall. Like an idiot it believed it. Looks like my days are numbered, the club doesn't want old terrace die hards like me any more.
They want consumers who stuff their faces with food and drink with every opportunity, and maybe carry a tune after being prodded by the PA system just prior to kick off.
The Wi Fi will come in handy to send a notification reminding the consumers that the food and drink outlets will be open for more gluttony after the match.
I grew up with Percy Daltons, look what's happened to our game.

You can stand up 20 times while people go and get their popcorn just so long as you don't do it during the match.

How quickly they have managed to fuck up the initial goodwill that was evident at the first two games.

Sitting down isn't always practical though.
How the hell am i meant to be able to launch sharpened 10p pieces at away fans and the police from a sitting position,and retain my accuracy that i have got through years of practice and hard work...
Jokes aside, it was always going top be like this.maybe the authorities have had a quiet word and said if you want safe standing, get your crowd to obey the rules now.

This issue could be put to bed in one action if premier league grounds were allowed safe standing.

It's crazy that you can watch a match from the leagues below, some with big crowds, and be able to stand. Can't recall any incidents post Hillsborough?

Dortmund fans can't stand for European games but can for league matches? Again without incident!
If the arse fell out of the premier league and the TV money dried up and the net result was half empty grounds. Quess what? You would be amazed at how quick the authorities would be calling for so called safe standing.
In the mean time you can only stand up when they tell you it's ok.

The 17,500 stand is a great idea but it needed to be sold as a singing section or whatever
The stupid thing is that it was sold as that, and our second game showed what it can do.....by game three the club have handed out bans for persistent standing. Persistent? THREE games in?

You get Moura and Son geeing up the crowd, and they arent allowed to respond.

Have the club had a meeting with the players to explain that actually, DeBruyne was right and we want it to be just like Wembley?

Could have just gone to Straftford after all Levy if you where going to have stewards and fans kicking off and no atmosphere. Pathetic state of affairs.

Last edited:
For me it's the income gap between M&D paying for things and yourself being old enough to afford them for yourself.

I hate to sound like an old fart, but when i was a school kid I could fund a trip to WHL (Train from Essex + ticket) on a week's paper round money. EPL arrived and within 12 months, what was a £7 ticket shot up to around £20 and so started the rot... That was me fucked until I had the proverbial 'proper' job.

Maybe some of the 70s and 80s crew can comment:

Were there more packs of teens and early 20s on the terraces back then?

You think that died with the advent of the EPL?

....Or is it's fading a more recent thing than that?
I think we are "missing" a generation of supporters. Cost is a factor but there is so much more going on today that wasn't available in the 70s and 80s. I might be generalising but teenagers today are more interested in living their lives electronically, everything is available at a touch of a button.
TV and the Premier League has made football fashionable and elitist, and far too easy to watch the game from home. Gone are the days when you just turned up and paid on the door. We're not the only ones that suffer because of football tourists, the game is now a brand and a product and is 'sold' accordingly. Difficult, in fact, nigh on impossible to turn the clock back. Doubt the authorities would want to, all those nasty hooligans to deal with!

if You don’t want to stand all game then you shouldn’t sit in the south stand, it’s like a vegan going to the butchers to buy dinner, if you wanna sit or bring your kids who can’t stand sit in the Paxton, the game that was about glory is becoming more about profit and a new breed of fans who want to sit and watch the “mighty” spurs in between a vegan hot dog and a snack of pop corn, won’t be long before they make half time half an hour to give every cunt the chance to refill on tofu :dembelefingers:

For me it's the income gap between M&D paying for things and yourself being old enough to afford them for yourself.

I hate to sound like an old fart, but when i was a school kid I could fund a trip to WHL (Train from Essex + ticket) on a week's paper round money. EPL arrived and within 12 months, what was a £7 ticket shot up to around £20 and so started the rot... That was me fucked until I had the proverbial 'proper' job.

Maybe some of the 70s and 80s crew can comment:

Were there more packs of teens and early 20s on the terraces back then?

You think that died with the advent of the EPL?

....Or is it's fading a more recent thing than that?
I stood on the shelf late 70s and most of the 80s and can confirm that there were hundreds of teenagers/young adults in that area.Around 1982 it was £2.20 to get in ( or £1.10 if you were under 16!!)This golden age led to thousands of us becoming life long diehard yids.
On another note the away support was massive back then with an average age of no more than 30,I was at Liverpool two weeks ago and the average age of our support must have been 50( I too brought the average up)
So now it is way way too expensive for kids to get in(and even if they could they would be spread out and forced to sit) and it is impossible for them to access away tickets.I fear all the predictions of gloom about our new stadium will prove sadly accurate and it will become popcorn south central.The game we grew up with and loved has gone only to replaced by a sanitised, corporate version.Shame.

Next home game should sit silently for the first 20 minutes, regardless of action, celebrate any goals seated with polite applause, then the whole ground should stand up and sing in full voice...”is this what you wannnnnnnt Tottenham Hotspur is this what you want”

Sadly, it is what they want, so back to the drawing board.

I’d love the manager and players to comment openly should the atmosphere go sterile.

Seriously considering giving up my season ticket for next season, as it appears due to there policy i will end up getting a ban sooner or later. Season tickets cost to much to lose it to a ban., whereas if i were to buy tickets on a game by game basis i wouldn't be losing so much if i did get a ban for standing

Same - i am a ban waiting to happen. Go back to membership. Once the novelty of the new stadium has worn off, tickets, apart from the BIG games, will be easy enough to come by. I can't get near an away ticket as it stands anyway.

Apart from Woolwich and maybe Chelsea/Utd & the Dippers i think tickets will be freely avaiable from the 2020-2021 season.
Hopefully we’ll be mid table with the 36,000 thousand proper fans who were there in the 90s and 2000s, making a noise, standing and no one giving a toss because the “day trippers” went to “follow” Watford, who have since done a Leicester with Troy Deeney mooted at 350M.

Or we can maybe beat City, get Juve or Ajax, and you can sit down quietly eating Tottenham Pies.

#niceone

I went to watch Bath Rugby a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the lack of interest in the actual match, most 'spectators' more interested in filling their faces with a burger and beer and chatting with companions or on the phone, the whole experience ruined by people constantly walking back and forth in front of me, completely blocking my view of the action. This is the consequence of modern life, where 'clients' expect corporate provision of environment, entertainment and refreshment, be that at home or at an event. Enjoy the bright, shiny bauble that is the NWHL, but expect nothing more than you would from a visit to the O2 or similar establishment.

I am surprised no one has looked at this from the clubs point of view. The club have only recently got their licence and no doubt this is still under review and closer scrutiny than more established grounds. Standing is not allowed but ignored in many places. The club need to be careful for a while to ensure the Authorities remain happy and if that upsets some supporters that is the price they must pay. I really cannot see that the club really cares if supporters stand although has to take notice of sitting supporters. I think things will settle down and hopefully both types of supporters will be happy by mid season next year.

Back
Top Bottom