spurs good bad and ugly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what do you think of the squad under avb

• ok but need to strengthing

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • no depth

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Its about time the board and mr lewis dug deep in the coffers for some players and back the manager before we r out of sight in the race for the champs league get rid of all the dead wood in the team .back avb coys

Its about time the board and mr lewis dug deep in the coffers for some players and back the manager before we r out of sight in the race for the champs league get rid of all the dead wood in the team .back avb coys
I thought time would be in a month or so.... Not sure what buying players now will help :p

We need at least 1 defender to partner big jan a left back to either cover or take over leftback position and players to cover bale and lennon and at least 1 striker the players that came in have not cut it yet apart from moussa and jan questions still over ade time will tell but spend the money levy.Coys

Aren't "need to strengthen" and "no depth" somewhat similar?

I'd like to see the club put up a "should Harry be brought back?" poll. I think the interweb would implode.

Exactly, we really arent carrying much timber at all.

At the back in an ideal world we would get a LB in, perhaps that Fryers from Utd (strangely moved to Belgium) is still on the radar?

Midfield needs creativity, but more importantly for me it needs cover for the flanks. Big interest in Willian last summer perhaps he is the man we will move for - wont be cheap though. Obviously Moutinho was a big target for the centre and is a fabulous player, not sure I see us spending the money again though.

We need another "proper" striker, as in one who can play up front alone. Defoe has done brilliantly by his expectations but we really need a more rounded player up there when Adebayor isnt playing.

Aren't "need to strengthen" and "no depth" somewhat similar?

I'd like to see the club put up a "should Harry be brought back?" poll. I think the interweb would implode.

Need to strengthen means we need better players than the ones we have.

No depth means we need more players to strengthen positions we don't fill at the minute, like a third striker or second left back...not a fucking fourth keeper.

We need at least 1 defender to partner big jan
Another defender will make no difference if AVB wants to persevere with Gallas. Even then, when Kaboul and Caulker are both fit they'd be out of the side and we all know how players respond to that.

Gallas seems to be in the side because of his experience and leadership, which is failing atm. My hope is that when Parker returns Gallas can come out of the side and Scott will wear the arm band and we can have a more settled, stronger and more athletic CB partnership of Caulker/Kaboul and Vertonghen.

Im not a big fan of splashing the cash to cover injuries, but I do think we need freshening up. I feel there are alot of players who will never be better than what they are, or what we've seen now, and it feels like a repetative dead weight around our necks at times.

At this stage I would be happy to see Hudd moved on, and let Carroll step up as first sub.

Our midfield would be:

Parker, Dembele, Carroll, Sandro, and I would like to see us get Moutinho.

Still waiting on that marquee striker - Ade for 3 quid doesnt count Im afraid. (What happens if Defoe gets injured next game btw?!?!) It wont help next week, but we need to step up, and get someone in...Llorente, Remy, Cisse, Ba.....?

At the back - Gallas Id let go, leaving us with - Daws, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker

BAE and Naughton is enough at LB - still got Rose to come back

Id like to see a first choice RB signed - Walker needs to fight for his place again

Wings - Willian if still possible

Id also let Siggy out on loan, and start using Falque over Dempsey

Bentley, Jenas. For the love of God, just give them away.​

Id also add that Id let Carlo go, and start to reintroduce Gomes, say for the FA Cup games. If he is going to be number two next season, he might as well start warming up.

Back
Top Bottom