Spurs official social media team

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For a huge FB page like Spurs', it's very easy to limit the audience of a post to people in specific geographical regions. So those messages could be displayed for people in Malaysia/Thailand whatever only. That would increase the number of Malaysians seeing it, and it wouldn't piss off everyone else.
It's sad that someone has made the call of broadcasting it publicly anyhow. They know 90% of the responses will be angry, but still it's apparently worth it.

I think plenty of fans don't go nowadays precisely because of what we've become... a bitter, twisted old shadow of our former selves...
throw in a relegation to sort the wheat out from the chav(sic.) and you'd soon see fans return...
it's just that it would be a different sort of fan! with expectations borne out of reality and history, rather than what Kyle Walker is tweeting about, and Spurs are doing on Fifa Pro these days!
I also see that it didn't take Fazio long to jump on the Daniel Johnson bandwagon, get a £2,000 haircut and post it on twitter.
This is what's wrong with football. So, players are so out of touch with reality they can no longer go to the barbers and pay the local Dad's to get the WAHL's to their heads.
Especially when the England team fly out the same celebrity hairdresser to do hairstyles for the players and staff at the Euro's in Poland to, in their words, make them look good for the match. They care more about how their hair, boots and tat's look than the team they play for.

To be honest, whoever OK'd TAKE THAT to provide the music to the pre-match Bill Nick tribute montage wants fucking sacking IMMEDIATELY!

seriously, was there really no music of note in the '60s??
60's song that sums up how bill nick would feel if he was still alive today

The Kinks - Tired of Waiting:

This beauty...

To be fair, it encapsulates our club at the moment... but I understand Take That were one of Bill Nick's all-time favourite bands... he had all their Gramophone discs... and was distraught when they first split up!

yeah as soon as i heard that song come on during the bill nick tribute on the screen i was pissed off, i mean TAKE THAT FUCKING TAKE THAT, what they needed was a bit of Technotronic, get the party going

Take That certainly don't seem to fit the 'respectful and fitting' category of songs, especially for the club's messiah. Mind you, I tried to buy tickets for Rangers game against St Johnstone tomorrow night off the club's site 4 different times and crashed every single time. Seems Mike Ashley doesn't want bums on seats at Ibrox. The general feeling of malcontent on here is diminished greatly by the situation up here with the boys in blue, worrying about shit performances and shit players seems like a shining light on the horizon for Rangers fans at the minute.

Maybe they should retwat this vine:

They can add this text to it too:
There’s a story of Roy Keane’s new autobiography that begins with him waiting for Alex Ferguson to give his team talk before a match against Tottenham Hotspur. It’s an anecdote Keane uses to explain Ferguson’s feel for what a dressing-room needs, but it also says much about Spurs.

“I thought I knew what the group might need, that we didn’t need a big team talk,” said Keane. “It was Tottenham at home. I thought please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham is about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll ******* do them. He came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham,’ and that was it. Brilliant.”

I think the not selling out thing could be seen as the way the club have treated long term fans coming back to bite them.

Like the whole loyalty point cull thing, yeah it means that fans that have been going regularly for a couple of years get a chance to get tickets but it also pissed off a lot of fans that have been going for years.

Now that the 'Bale factor' etc has disappeared and we're looking a bit more like 90's Tottenham a lot of these newer fans aren't interested and the club have alienated a lot of that traditional core support.

I really don't get the issue on loyalty points - about 1 game a season doesn't go to general sale

I really don't get the issue on loyalty points - about 1 game a season doesn't go to general sale

I was more talking about getting tickets for away games there, but also that it was another thing that could be seen as the club driving away fans that have been going for years in favour of newer supporters, and now that maybe some of these newer supporters aren't turning up, those that were loyal through the darker days have been driven away.

I was thinking mainly about away games as well - all but Woolwich goes to members, Loyalty Points for Season Ticket holders are largely irrelevant.

Seems like everyone feels aggrieved, rather than there actually be anything that has directly effected them.
The only people that will be aggrieved are the people that used to go loads, and now just pick and choose games. If you have a season ticket, or are a member that goes to most games, theres absolutely no reason it would be a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I like Take That but why didn't they just play Glory Glory Hallelujah - the hymn version that they played at this memorial service - there wouldn't have been a dry eye in the house.
Apparently no one took any notice down your end. I know you would have been clapping on the 61st minute, but what about the people around you?

Back
Top Bottom