Spurs on this day

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's probably my favourite season for watching THFC.
Did all the home games, all London aways, plus Luton and Southampton.
Also got punched in the face by a Spurs fan, when coming out of the North Bank after the Pat Rice testimonial game 😬
Trust me... I am sure that the 'likes' you receive in no way refer to the bit about you getting punched :thumbup:

Spurs signed Chris Armstrong when Klinsmann left, pity it wasn't Dennis Bergkamp.

He began his career at my home town Wrexham, then went to Spurs via Millwall and Crystal Palace then left us to join Bolton then back to Wrexham. Talk about a roller-coaster ride. I was so proud to see him in the Spurs shirt and in his early career at Wxm he was sensational. Injuries and a dramatic drop in form saw him reduced to just one Bolton appearance (53 mins then subbed) followed by his return home. In July 2016, he was arrested for possession of cannabis, cocaine and ecstasy.
His only honour was with Spurs.....1998/99 league cup.
Sad, really thought at one time he would be superb for us....

He began his career at my home town Wrexham, then went to Spurs via Millwall and Crystal Palace then left us to join Bolton then back to Wrexham. Talk about a roller-coaster ride. I was so proud to see him in the Spurs shirt and in his early career at Wxm he was sensational. Injuries and a dramatic drop in form saw him reduced to just one Bolton appearance (53 mins then subbed) followed by his return home. In July 2016, he was arrested for possession of cannabis, cocaine and ecstasy.
His only honour was with Spurs.....1998/99 league cup.
Sad, really thought at one time he would be superb for us....

Was one of the paciest players I ever saw, but when he got injured he lost that speed. Shame as I thought he had the potential to be something special.

20 February 1993, Spurs 4 Leeds 0, Sheringham 3, Ruddock.
Was at that game. East upper D block.
Was with Mrs Yid7 the 1st, her sister, and her sisters other half, a Leeds fan and total legend, loved that man.
Actually put a bet on in the stadium, correct score, think it was Ladbrokes.
The winnings paid for a massive piss up and Ruby on Stevenage High Street when we got back.
One of the goals came from a free kick given inside the box for a back pass to the goalkeeper. Might have been the first goal conceded from that "New Rule".
Anyone remember who conceded that free kick?
Signed for us the following season if I remember correctly.

Still one of the best days supporting Tottenham.

Last edited:
According to my shambles of a Facebook Memories page, today could be both a good and bad anniversary.

Seven years ago, Gareth twatted one in to the top corner against the Spam before trying to enter AVB in celebration.

However, I think it was nine years ago that Dean Richards passed away.

Back
Top Bottom