SPURS PRE-MATCH PINT; PUB PICS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we were playing our home games at Wembley I used to have a few beers in Dirty Dicks, Liverpool Street/Bishopgate and then once in Wembley Park a few in The Parish.
I know Dirty Dicks

There’s also a Dirty Dicks in Valletta Malta 🇲🇹

True story
My Dad got thrown out of there during the war and banned for life and my brother followed in his footsteps in the 60s
I didn’t follow suit though!

I'm not really a pub person as part of my usual social activities, so not especially missing going for a drink. However, I do miss going to the Coach & Horses pre-game, just for the catch up with friends.
When we were at Wembley, used to go to Hennessey's, next to Kingsbury station - think it closed down soon after we returned to Tottenham.
Goodness me, I really miss going to games.

I'm not really a pub person as part of my usual social activities, so not especially missing going for a drink. However, I do miss going to the Coach & Horses pre-game, just for the catch up with friends.
When we were at Wembley, used to go to Hennessey's, next to Kingsbury station - think it closed down soon after we returned to Tottenham.
Goodness me, I really miss going to games.
How busy was Hennessey's on match days?
I used to park at Kingsbury Station on weekday games.

A welcoming party for Leicester a few years back. Outside the 2B/Vic
20210314-041951.jpg

Last edited:
Just remembered that years ago after the game used to go in the British Queen, used to be right next to White Hart Lane Station. Great laugh in there, always burnt my mouth on the roast potatoes that got passed around. Really hard to get a decent photo of it.
n17_britishqueen.jpg

Just remembered that years ago after the game used to go in the British Queen, used to be right next to White Hart Lane Station. Great laugh in there, always burnt my mouth on the roast potatoes that got passed around. Really hard to get a decent photo of it.
n17_britishqueen.jpg
Decent option after the game. A pint in there whilst the station queue went down. Must have been closed for 7/8 years now, maybe more.

I've had a pint in most of these mentioned. The Bank, The Swan, Corner Pin some others that have gone. Gilpins was a regular for years when I used to come in from Enfield way, think that's now closed (?). Bill Nic was a solid go to as well (previously Northumberland Arms). Nowadays... Beehive mostly.

Always generally avoided Coach and Horses, Bricklayers and No. 8 just for packed.

Can't recall ever going in Olive Branch or Elbow Rooms.

Decent option after the game. A pint in there whilst the station queue went down. Must have been closed for 7/8 years now, maybe more.

Yeah think it's about a decade since the BQ was shut down. As you say used to wait for the train there if we where heading home soon after the game. If it was going to be a late one usually head up to the Phoenix (LTs now).

n17_britishqueen.jpg
Alan Gilzean's preferred watering hole after a game, according to popular belief.

n17_britishqueen.jpg
Used to float between there and The Northumberland Arms back in the early 90s.
Used to let us in at 10am in the Northumberland, nudge Nudge, Wink Wink.
:mourfacepalm:

Reading this thread is really making me miss match day after a year and hope we can get back for the new season. Generally I walk down from Tottenham Hale via the Bee Hive, Two Brewers and Bluecoat. At Wembley the only saving grace of playing there was Flannerys.

I've had a pint in most of these mentioned. The Bank, The Swan, Corner Pin some others that have gone. Gilpins was a regular for years when I used to come in from Enfield way, think that's now closed (?). Bill Nic was a solid go to as well (previously Northumberland Arms). Nowadays... Beehive mostly.

Always generally avoided Coach and Horses, Bricklayers and No. 8 just for packed.

Can't recall ever going in Olive Branch or Elbow Rooms.
Elbow room was never too crowded and was always good for a decent pie 🥧

Back
Top Bottom