Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc

EssexYid said:
Thelonious said:
5) Rochdale?

6) Dagenham & Redbridge, Stevenage, AFC Wimbledon

Definitely not Rochdale. They had the record for the most amount of time in the League 2 equivalent before they got promoted the year before into League 1.
I half-knew that, wasn't sure which division.

EssexYid said:
Thelonious said:
5) Rochdale?

6) Dagenham & Redbridge, Stevenage, AFC Wimbledon

Definitely not Rochdale. They had the record for the most amount of time in the League 2 equivalent before they got promoted the year before into League 1.

5) Not quite, Rochdale have the record for a club still in the football league with 46 seasons in the 4th tier. Darlington though hold the record with 47 seasons. The club I'm looking for has spent 3 seasons in the 2nd tier, 69 seasons in the 3rd tier, 10 in the 4th.

6) Those 3 are in the 10 :)

YidoBuckler said:
6) Yeovil, Rushden and Diamonds, Crawley, Burton Albion.

Rushden haven't been a league club for 6 seasons. The other 3 yes.

4 to go.

fatfish said:
Is No. 5 Tranmere Rovers?

Afraid not, most of their time in tier 3 but only 56 seasons for them.

Oldham was 35 seasons fyi (36 in tier 2).

fatfish said:
zin said:
YidoBuckler said:
6) Yeovil, Rushden and Diamonds, Crawley, Burton Albion.

Rushden haven't been a league club for 6 seasons. The other 3 yes.

4 to go.

Morecambe, Barnet, Cheltenham?

Barnet did it the year before the Premier League. 2 to go.

5) is not Leyton Orient (39 seasons in tier 3, 41 in tier 2).

6) Dagenham & Redbridge, Stevenage, AFC Wimbledon, Yeovil, Crawley, Burton Albion, Morecambe, Cheltenham

zin said:

6) Dagenham & Redbridge, Stevenage, AFC Wimbledon, Yeovil, Crawley, Burton Albion, Morecambe, Cheltenham

5) Plymouth

6) Accrington Stanley, Macclesfield.

fatfish said:
zin said:

5) Plymouth

6) Accrington Stanley, Macclesfield.

5) No. 40 in tier 2, 39 in tier 3.

6) Yes to Macclesfield, not accepting Accrington Stanley although the current club did re-form in 1968 they still associate themselves with the one which resigned from the football league in 1962 - http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/inde ... history_sm

zin said:
Kalyl said:
aaaaahhh :mad: I can't find the last fucker who's got 20 or more and is still active! cuntbell retired, lennon only got 19 as far as I can find, and we can't really claim beckham as a spurs since he never made a 1st team app. AAAAAAAARRRRRRGG :parker:

LOL. Ok I was being a bit cheeky. It was Beckham as he was a youth player at Spurs ;) To be honest I don't think C**tbell has actually retired, I can only see the wiki source saying he has but since he hasn't played any football this season we'll assume he has.

For a bonus who else would have been on this list if they had not retired this January, having played some games this season?
Why you little I oughta... am I good though or what? Only took me like 5-10 min to find em all too :chicco: :chicco:

Kalyl said:
Why you little I oughta... am I good though or what? Only took me like 5-10 min to find em all too :chicco: :chicco:

I noticed you were unable to answer the other questions though :bentley:

Kalyl said:
... i was storming out the door to catch the bus... :(

Well question 5 is still up for grabs and there's one answer missing on question 6 :hudd:

fatfish said:
5 Oldham Athletic

6 MK Dons (after stealing Wimbledon's place).

5. No (again)

6. Wimbledon changed their name to MK Dons, same club :vdvcry:

Back
Top Bottom