Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I sing about most of the things mentioned above but LOVE the FA cup. Give me spurs in the FA cup final rather than finishing 4th in the league any day of the week!!!!

Why rest so many players though? They weren't exactly running through walls on Wednesday and don't say that's because they are tired.

We haven't put a decent shift in since Chelsea and the last one prior to that was a while ago.

Pile of absolute shite. We lost to Leicester at home and some wankers who call themselves tottenham fans are happy we are out of the FA Cup, disgusting.

If i hadnt had my son with me today i reckon i'd have piped up at a few of the cunts behind me today, that "fucking head in" song seems to be the anthem of the dickhead.

Strongest? You do realise that doesn't matter in the cup or we along with Chel53ki and Mwn City would of gone through, I admire your point but in this sense it's vastly invalid

Does matter when there's only 3 viable winners left in it, the last of the 'magic of the cup' was used up today expect one of Man U and Woolwich (if not both) to steamroll through to the final.

He was creating chances for Lamela, Townsend and Paulinho and in the first half that unit played some very good football. He also had a couple of very decent efforts where few opportunities were on offer. He deserves criticism for much of his career at Spurs, but today his forward play was excellent. Even the moaning haters either side of me admitted he'd done a good shift.

Which is fair enough but they didn't score either.

Thing is i'm not a Soldado hater, quite the opposite, but there is only so far it can go before it becomes horribly apparent that it is just never going to happen. I'd have Soldado every single day of the week over Adebayor for the exact reasons you mentioned but once again there is a limit to how much he can be defended.

Kane is rightfully first choice now and if Soldado is offering no goals from the bench or ,like today, no goals when Kane is rested then what is the point of his existence in the Spurs team? Kane and Eriksen can't carry us every single game, Lamela, Paulinho etc might be (rightly) expected to chip in with a odd goal here and there but Soldado was bought specifically to score goals, he doesn't do what he was signed to do. Simple as that.

Me too. Fucking clueless & classless bald Northern cunt. But... This is what happens when you fuck about in the cup. As tin pot & second best as it is. As grand as it would be to be a european super power. You piss about & you get turned over. Even in two bit cups. Everyone feeling better now?

Woah, I wasn't going to go that far! ...I didn't even know you were bald...

But you're right nevertheless, Poch went with a weakened side and we got beaten as a result, obviously Poch has his eye on the League Cup and has put the second leg of the Semi-Final as his priority, I can't really blame him, we're one win (or a draw) away from a Final at Wembley...but the players are going to have to show Poch made the right call when we play Sheffield Utd on Wednesday.

Which is fair enough but they didn't score either.

Thing is i'm not a Soldado hater, quite the opposite, but there is only so far it can go before it becomes horribly apparent that it is just never going to happen. I'd have Soldado every single day of the week over Adebayor for the exact reasons you mentioned but once again there is a limit to how much he can be defended.

Kane is rightfully first choice now and if Soldado is offering no goals from the bench or ,like today, no goals when Kane is rested then what is the point of his existence in the Spurs team? Kane and Eriksen can't carry us every single game, Lamela, Paulinho etc might be (rightly) expected to chip in with a odd goal here and there but Soldado was bought specifically to score goals, he doesn't do what he was signed to do. Simple as that.
I'd have agreed with you 100% before today's game and I've written him off in other threads. But I was watching him closely today and I really thought I saw something different today. He was an effective forward and this was in a bit of a hotchPoch side. But we do need another goal scorer unless our midfield are going to hugely improve on their shooting. We are crap at hitting the target.

Pile of absolute shite. We lost to Leicester at home and some wankers who call themselves tottenham fans are happy we are out of the FA Cup, disgusting.

Difference between being happy about it, and simply not acting like we lost the title in the 90th minute on the last day of the season.

We got knocked out, its shitty. Big fucking deal, its the 4th round not the semi final

Difference between being happy about it, and simply not acting like we lost the title in the 90th minute on the last day of the season.

We got knocked out, its shitty. Big fucking deal, its the 4th round not the semi final
No there are 'spurs fans' happy we are out the cup. Glad we don't have 'the worry' of FA Cup games.

Cannot play the same players every game, in every competition. That's why there is a squad. However, our squad on paper looks strong, but in reality it's not.
Lamela was the most exciting player we had. The only direct midfielder with a touch of class.
When you are playing 2 midfielders behind the No10, at least one of those midfielders has to get into the box.
Both Dembele and Capoue don't, In fact play Dembele with Bentaleb/Satmbouli, it would be the same. Dembele in my honest opinion is a hindrance. He creates nothing, scores nothing and passes sideways. I am tired of hearing that he has the talent, but he needs to do it further up the pitch. He has had a chance to. He hasn't done it. If you ask me we bought a crock who was not injury free. He then suffered another setback which has done for him. He was awful in the WC too. However, he is playing as a 2nd defensive midfielder, but one who is not mobile enough & slows the play down.
Mason is the only midfielder we have who plays in that two who is capable of getting into the box, capable of movement and of playing decisive passes. It's his debut season in the EPL and he is still recovering from injury.
If Lamela was not on the field today, we would have been dire. Against SU we created not much with a rusty Mason and then Dembele and won with a penalty. Bar Erik today we created not much and went ahead by a penalty.
Kaboul was fucking pathetic. A shambles of a central defender. Bad positioning, bad communication, bad passing. Whoever he partners it's usually a bad combination.
That play for their winner is what we lack. Someone running from deep, moving forward from midfield for a return after passing it. Then getting in a decisive pass to another midfielder in the box.
However, the Eriksen miss pass that lead to their winner the efforts of Paulinho /Capoue were diabolical. Half arsed tackling by Paulinho both Jogging back watching the ball and not going with the runners.

Mason, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Lamela, Townsend, Eriksen...keep
Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Davies, (Chriches), Walker, Yedlin..keep
Kane. (Soldado)..keep
players in brackets keep if we cannot buy 2 in same position.

Hopefully Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Lennon ( as he obviuosly ain't featuring) are not in our future plans.
I would honestly rather have schlupp than Dembele and drinkwater as a defensive mid than Capoue.

Edit: Life goes on. MP is doing the best he can with what is available. This year I said 6th would be good. 6th and a cup great and anything more a bonus.
MP is clicking with some. But I feel he will have a very hard time getting what he wants from the above players.

How can anyone be happy were out its 24 years since we won it we shit out in so many semifinal now we don't even wait for the semi final We give up long before that stage

Back
Top Bottom