Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its not about depth, its about our manager playing out of form players as a given, because of their names.

I said in the summer, that this is what pisses me off with him, and I'll be pissed off if he does the same thing again.
Today, Kane shouldnt have come out for the second half.

Lamela should have come on for Eriksen, in my opinion. But the sacred few are still untouchable and thats that.

Doesnt matter if we signed anyone, he wouldnt sub Kane anyway, and thats where a massive part of out problems are.

It’s about the board/Levy. Period.

We have to stop playing this diamond. Slow games all season. Best footballers on the pitch if healthy.

Winks Wanyama
Son Eriksen Dele
Kane

Eriksen Winks Lamela
Son Kane Dele

Need to forego this methodical muscle tactic in midfield and evolve to a more fluid side. No more Dier and Dembele. Hasn’t worked since 2015

We have been outplayed, but really we have lost to 2 very poor goals to concede. Vorm is guilty of both. If we had Lloris this could have been very different.

Not one to quote commentators - but as he said “we have been totally outplayed”

#levyareyouwatching
TBF I don't think these issues can just be solved by buying new players. It can help but what needs to happen is that we need to adopt new tactics. If we sign 5 new players and keep playing the same style of football our opponents will still know how to read and counter us

Sometimes you just need to admit that Liverpool are better than us. Especially right now and have been this season.

Just need to learn from this.

On the basis of the last few years with us I do. He's been poor today and has had a poor start to the season, but that doesn't mean he's no longer a great player

Its not about no longer being great.....he's always been overrated. Excellent sometimes (more often than not) but ineffectual WAY too often to be called world class.

Today are the days Eriksen needs to show why people think he could run Barca's midfield, not just make excuses about him being in a poor team and deserves better.

Back
Top Bottom