SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Me immediately after the news Mourinho was fired regarding this match:

giphy.gif

I'm actually excited for this match now.

Although we might be missing Kane, I still have genuine hope. The players know they have a cup final to play for Sunday, and now a new manager to impress (both now in Mason and in the summer)

Can't wait for this; I have genuine excitement/ optimism heading into a match for the first time in months.

Mourinho had completely sucked the joy out of watching Spurs for me, even during a winter lockdown where there was nothing else to do.

I'm not expecting a complete 180 turn and 6-0 thrashing of So'ton, I just want to see the players play with a bit less fear and more freedom.

Can't wait for this; I have genuine excitement/ optimism heading into a match for the first time in months.

Mourinho had completely sucked the joy out of watching Spurs for me, even during a winter lockdown where there was nothing else to do.

I'm not expecting a complete 180 turn and 6-0 thrashing of So'ton, I just want to see the players play with a bit less fear and more freedom.
I can imagine the comments of Mourinho focusing on how to stop the opposition rather than how best Spurs approach attacking wise is true.

I hope Mason reverts back to focusing on our own strengths and how we win the game, not on how to not lose the match.

Although Chris Powell has never pulled up trees, Ryan Mason having him and Ledley King alongside him should be a great help as they have experience. I was half expecting someone like Redknapp to come in for the final month, but if the rumours of Narglesmann are to be believed, and we know Levy will want to save a few quid, keeping Mason is probably his ideal situation.

I can imagine the comments of Mourinho focusing on how to stop the opposition rather than how best Spurs approach attacking wise is true.

I hope Mason reverts back to focusing on our own strengths and how we win the game, not on how to not lose the match.

Although Chris Powell has never pulled up trees, Ryan Mason having him and Ledley King alongside him should be a great help as they have experience. I was half expecting someone like Redknapp to come in for the final month, but if the rumours of Narglesmann are to be believed, and we know Levy will want to save a few quid, keeping Mason is probably his ideal situation.

With the squad we have, it's obvious to most people that we should have been focusing on our strength...attacking!

Go all out against City. No defence, No surrender, NO MERCY! :tobyarm:

------------------Lloris---------------

Aurier----------Toby------Reguilon

--------Hobjerg-----Ndombele----

Moura---------Alli--------------Son

----------Bale--------Vinicius------

:memelol:

With the squad we have, it's obvious to most people that we should have been focusing on our strength...attacking!

Go all out against City. No defence, No surrender, NO MERCY! :tobyarm:

------------------Lloris---------------

Aurier----------Toby------Reguilon

--------Hobjerg-----Ndombele----

Moura---------Alli--------------Son

----------Bale--------Vinicius------

:memelol:
Too much defense.

Will be interesting to see what if anything Mason does differently in terms of set-up and of course personnel.

A good game to start with, against an opponent who have very little to play for.

Last edited:
Is Mason doing a pre-match press conference today or have the club cancelled for this game? Or is it a legal obligation to do one? Does Levy even give a fuck about the law anymore???

Would bloody love it if Mason goes on a winning run and becomes our all time greatest manager!

Is Mason doing a pre-match press conference today or have the club cancelled for this game? Or is it a legal obligation to do one? Does Levy even give a fuck about the law anymore???

Would bloody love it if Mason goes on a winning run and becomes our all time greatest manager!
He's taking questions and it should be pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom