SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Took a half to get into it properly. Not a shock considering Mason has only had two days and was trying to do basically the complete opposite of the previous manager tactically. Came out pressing but just looked disjointed.

Very good 2nd half, good build up on the first goal from Ndombele, Lucas and Son. Unlucky with the disallowed goal which was even better team play from Lo Celso and Reguilon, but had the mentality to overcome it and keep fighting and got the winner.

Reguilon very good today, MOTM for me. Thought the defense played pretty well. Going to have to play a lot better to win on Sunday, but I think we have a much better shot now then we did after the Everton draw.

Really liked that after going in front we didn’t just sit deep and invite them onto us, we actually started pressing them higher up the pitch more

Would of been completely different under you know who

Sack Mason now. 100% record.

Absolutely essential to win today. Much will depend on Kane's fitness of course but Son, Kane and Bale for Sunday and whatever best option.

If Kane is fit I would actually have Bale as the front man and use Kane and Son as part of a midfield 5 but obviously those 2 with attacking intent.

We will see.
I would like Kane, with Bale in a free role just behind him. Then Son and probably Lamela wide.

Give Lucas a day off after that showing...

I only caught the second half but I liked what I saw. The game was still a bit disjointed but we played more on the front foot and showed that we wanted to win.

We have some more training sessions before Sunday to get better. And then 6 more league games to get as many points as possible to see this out.

Forward Ryan Mason's Barmy Army!

Imagine if we scraped wins like this & the teams above us dropped off.
Sneaky 4th place finish. Not gonna happen I know!

Not sure if it has been said already (don't read match thread during games) but Chris Coleman is bellend. Everyone was tired, constantly sucked Bale off, called Son Song all game and thought winks scored the offside goal. Terrible.

Anyway, good result. Nice to see a bit of fight after a poor 1st half. Roll on Sunday

Mourinho's full time face

Angry GIF

I only caught the second half but I liked what I saw. The game was still a bit disjointed but we played more on the front foot and showed that we wanted to win.

We have some more training sessions before Sunday to get better. And then 6 more league games to get as many points as possible to see this out.

Forward Ryan Mason's Barmy Army!
You chose wisely.

Lovely to watch us again like we played 2nd half. Bossing possession, probing, always looking dangerous and alderweireld with his diagonal passes. Well done ryan mason. That bale goal was a thing of beauty. Lets win now on sunday. We all deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom