SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s just standing in Kane’s spot. He’s a useful body to have in the system: more energetic than Vinny so more of a thorn for others (including our team, tbh).
Not for me anymore. Can't deny his effort but he's had too many chances. You say he's in Kane's spot but there's balls bouncing off him and all sorts. Either play Vinicious or Bale up there.

I thought that was a really great game for Mason and the boys. Conceding first was not great but it was a set piece that was very hard to stop.

Made some tactical changes and got the boys playing in the second half and we looked a real handful again, and this is without Kane mind you. Should have had 3 if the Son first wasn't cruelly ruled out. Picked a sensible front-foot lineup and stuck to his guns throughout the game even when in front.

First game we have played some proper football in a long while and it only took the 48hrs to implement!

Chuffed.

Not sure if it has been said already (don't read match thread during games) but Chris Coleman is bellend. Everyone was tired, constantly sucked Bale off, called Son Song all game and thought winks scored the offside goal. Terrible.

Anyway, good result. Nice to see a bit of fight after a poor 1st half. Roll on Sunday
I love the way Chris Coleman pronounces Regilllion, like he's a Welsh village.

Thought first half we weren't great but there seemed to at least be some intent and a definite change of system. Alot of one touch passes which didn't come off but the idea of moving the ball seems to be there. Second half thought we were more composed and settled. When bale or reggie got the ball i found myself edging forward on my seat. Not felt that for a while. Its baby steps but i felt something positive. And sonny smiled again

I thought the defence was shaky for the first 10 mins but then it started to look more confident. We had a poor first half per overall like you said, second half was better indeed.
Best defensive performance since November.

Not saying much, but it was clear the intent was to not sit back. Dier looked like a midfielder at some points he was so far forward.

I thought I just heard a commentator say that was the first time we won a game this season after being down at half. There's no way that's true right?
I think it is - first Soton game we made it 1-1 in the 45th minute. Usually we'd get a goal and try to hold on. Or not get a goal and lose.

Not for me anymore. Can't deny his effort but he's had too many chances. You say he's in Kane's spot but there's balls bouncing off him and all sorts. Either play Vinicious or Bale up there.
Bale plays there on Sunday I reckon - GLC right and Winks in the 3

Back
Top Bottom