Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Id do Ndombele, Winks and either Sissoko or Lo Celso in a middle 3. I love the concept of a DM but Dier can’t run or pass so what’s the point.

Problem with that is that we don’t know how fit Lo Celso or Tanguay are

Been mentioned before how tired Tanguay looked after 60 mins in a previous game so maybe José’s hands a bit tied

Not the point buddy. My initial post was directed at the guy who was swearing around the kids and elderly, that was in his story. So some like Airfixx Airfixx insulting me after a post like this, tells me he favours an asshole like that, who goes to a match.

Nope.... Already explained why too.

Why should anyone take you to have been specific (or genuine) in that post considering the repellent shite you're simultaneously spewing in another thread?

Been mentioned before how tired Tanguay looked after 60 mins in a previous game so maybe José’s hands a bit tied
Especially Tanguy Ndombele has to start v Brighton, even if it means that we have to sub him off after 65 mins; we might even be 3-0 up at that point if José has got the balls to start our best midfielder.

No mate, no one knows what was said. Problem is when you don't have evidence you just have subjective probability.

I've never seen any racism at Tottenham, whilst travelling through London to games, I've never seen any racism. Rudiger went down very over-dramatically after Sons (admittedly silly) kick out and Rudiger was the only player to hear abuse. 4hrs after the game has finished, not one person has posted they heard it.

Do you see why it's being questioned? Are we supposed to sit hear and believe everything we are told? Is that what you do?

And do you believe a cheat like Ruddiger?

Especially Tanguy Ndombele has to start v Brighton, even if it means that we have to sub him off after 65 mins; we might even be 3-0 up at that point if José has got the balls to start our best midfielder.

Fair enough

With Lo Celso it just seems he doesn't rate him. Unused sub again and once again he turned to Eriksen who clearly isn't all there in the mind.

This bollocks has got to stop.

Mourinho's just repeating the same stupid shit that got Poch sacked.

How far down the echelons of football would you have to go to find a shitter, more dysfunctional and inept midfield than ours.

Need Mourinho to grow some fucking bollocks and change this shit up. Or he can fuck off too. If we're going to be shit, at least we can be proactively shit, get some fucking players out there that aren't shit scared of the ball and can play some fucking football.

I agree our midfield is shit. I am so cross with the manner in which we lost. BUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR EGO??
You have banged on in the past about Poch lacking the bollocks to do what YOU think is right & now in your opinion Mourinho who has won multiple leagues is also lacking bollocks!!!
Yeah that must be the situation ... ...one of history’s most experienced & successful coaches, who works with the squad day to day doesn’t have the bollocks to implement what YOU (who watches from the sidelines) thinks is right!!!
I don’t want to fight with you, but seriously do you really, really think you know better?

As shit as we were from first minute to last, it pains me to say Chelsea were at it from the word go. They were intense, direct, swarmed all over us and created chances straight away.

I was concerned when I saw the line ups as Lampard looked to contain our front 4 with 3 CH’s and wing backs....and then overwhelm our non- existent MF with numbers and incisive passing.

Two big games - United and Chelsea - and we’ve been shown up. Dier/Sissoko has to end with this defeat. Jose’s hand will also be forced in attack with Son’s suspension.

Really surprised and embarrassed by the lack of urgency, passion and fight today. As for tactics - the apprentice schooled the master..

As for incidents - too far away to see Son’s kick out. Gazza looked like a pen straight away.
This. As soon as I saw them line up 352 I knew we were fucked, unless we matched it.

They exposed our vulnerability in the wide areas mainly from the fact that Lucas and Son don't really track back all the time. This forces the central players to pull out wide to cover leaving a gaping hole in midfield which is easy for them to pass through.

They knew we play more direct so played a deep line and had 3 defenders around kane who did fuck all.

The irony is that racism is such a social taboo in this country that careers/lives are ended over a conviction/accusation - and yet you get an awful lot of opining from the pundits/twitterati as if people are condoning it or we live in a horribly racist society (with all statistical evidence showing quite the contrary).

Problem is, people are so terrified of being tarred with an accusation of racism that we're now seeing incredibly hyperbolic responses to this evening's events before all the facts/evidence have even been gathered. Shout loudest and no-one will think you're racist as well.
You only have to look at the leaders of our political parties.

Johnson has said all sorts of things and is the PM now.

Corbyn got ripped for the whole anti-semitic thing.

Your last statement is very telling of society now.

To reach that "pay gap" statistic, you have to intentionally use unmatched samples, disregard best practices for controlling confounders and perform no covariance analyses. In other words, you have to commission and then willfully parrot the conclusions of someone without even a basic grounding in undergraduate level stats.

That's how you know it's all ideologically motivated. Policy is not dictated by an average A-level student's coursework unless you like the conclusions enough to ignore their validity.

FWIW, as you probably know, as soon as you introduce matched groups, any alleged difference in pay by gender disappears completely. It doesn't even just disappear in the strict scientific sense of "no longer statistically significant"; it literally ceases to exist (with, if anything at all, a slight bias in favour of women).

(Sorry for continuing the off-topic tangent but this stuff bothers me too and who really wants to think about the game anyway? It basically ended as more of a political flashpoint than a sports contest.)
Are you a statistician by any chance?

I agree our midfield is shit. I am so cross with the manner in which we lost. BUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR EGO??
You have banged on in the past about Poch lacking the bollocks to do what YOU think is right & now in your opinion Mourinho who has won multiple leagues is also lacking bollocks!!!
Yeah that must be the situation ... ...one of history’s most experienced & successful coaches, who works with the squad day to day doesn’t have the bollocks to implement what YOU (who watches from the sidelines) thinks is right!!!
I don’t want to fight with you, but seriously do you really, really think you know better?
He knows everything

The only positive thing to take from the game is Sanchez's performance and that we were discipline after playing with ten men. If that was last season we'd crumble and start conceding 2 or 3 more.

Trying to look at the performance positively, could it be that our players are in a middle ground phase, between the game strategy and paradigms that Poch espoused and the new way of Jose? So nothing is completely co-ordinated.

And hopefully it will all resolve itself in a few more games.
So long as Dire is not playing .....

We were shit.
Worse I have seen us since Jose took over.
We were never at the races.
I really can't find any positives from yesterday except a decent Xmas drink with mates and superb fish n chips on the way home.
Merry Christmas everyone...

Back
Top Bottom