Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It feels like a defining moment in the campaign - how do we bounce back? Not sure if Bergwijn should be dropped or not, I don’t want to crush his confidence. I would prefer the jammiest goal, involving a deflection or two then he can miss a few games and not dwell on just having cost the team some points.

Is the Stoke game on Wednesday night bigger than this? Definitely an easier route to a trophy...
Can’t believe some are even suggesting that bergwijn gets dropped.

Draw and a defeat in our last two and now a tricky game against a potential top 4 rival.

I'd like to think we will win this one, but depends if we have mentally gotten over the Liverpool result,
this group of players is still mentally weak for me.

COYS!

I think what he contributes defensively is very important to the team, I think people are critical of what he offers at the other end.
I can't remember his last goal or assist, he missed two golden chances against Liverpool but I'm not going to slaughter him too much for that, but he did lose the ball in the attacking third a lot, which is more problematic.

Having said that Lucas was even worse.

If we lose on Sunday this lot leapfrog us and we could well end up outside of the Top 4 places by the end of the weekend.

So I suggest any talk of whether we can win the title or not go for a Burton and we just focus on winning this and staying in the top 4 for another week.

I can understand suggesting it, but when looking at the options to replace him it becomes pretty clear he is really the only option. Unless we play Lo Celso out of position and I doubt Jose evens considers that, let alone actually does it.

3-0

1 point from our last 2 when it was so close to 6 should really pump them up.
We'll play like we did in the 2nd half, more pressing at the front to force the issue but not at the expense of the defence.

...please, no more of Bergie's fluffed chances:

-----------Hugo----------
Aurier-Toby-Dier-Reggie
-----Sissoko --- PEH-----
--GLC-- Tanguy -- Son--
-----------Kane-----------

COYS

I don’t get the point of playing attacking players and then ask them to defend all game? Why not just play 4 full backs which I’m sure Maureen would love to do.plus we have to sitting midfielders what the fick are they for if not to help defend! Personally I think sissoko experimenter has run its course it’s not as if he was charging around putting pool players under pressure and his attacking “strengths” are non existence. Eg 2nd half ball slipped inside for him to run onto and he misses it. Better to play winks in this game. Not much better but can control the ball and can sometimes pass forward.

Let’s go with ballers and not cloggers please. I know this totally against maureens philosophy but I’d rather go down trying to playing football and trying to win a game rather than playing percentages football. Which is basically what we do hope the oppo don’t score from either open play or set pieces and we score from our rare attacks. My team would be Hugo , serge , Toby . Rodon, reg, winks/glc, PEH, tanguay. Son, Kane, dele/glc. So glc played eithe CM or wide forward.

I don’t get the point of playing attacking players and then ask them to defend all game?

So that we can score and win games

Why not just play 4 full backs which I’m sure Maureen would love to do.

If he wanted to, you can safely assume that he would.

plus we have to sitting midfielders what the fick are they for if not to help defend!

Exactly; so why would he then wish to play 4CBs as well?

Bless you; you're really sstruggling with all this aren't you?

Back
Top Bottom