Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think the Lo Celso - Ndombele experiment will be repeated.

After Lloris, Kane, Son and Hojbjerg, Sissoko's name will be on the teamsheet next. Absolutely vital to our gameplan to date.
Might work with Lo Celso on the right wing, wish Jose would have a go at that.

Having Lo Celso on the Right wing would provide more opportunities to Son & Kane and he defends well too.

Having Lo Celso on the Right wing would provide more opportunities to Son & Kane and he defends well too.
He would be a better crosser of the ball than Serge but would he have the physicality to get there?

Can't see it myself.
Always pick players in their preferred positions, which in Lo Celso's case isn't right wing.
There's Bergwign, Lucas, Clarke, Bale (and possibly Lamela) more suited.

I want us to try experimenting with this lineup:

Hugo
Aurier - Toby - Dier - Reguilon
Sissoko - Pierre - Ndombele
Lo Celso, Kane, Son

Get Gio further up the field. He's decent in defense so he can do a fair bit of the job that Bergwijn does. And we can hopefully get more out of his creativity. He had a similar role for Betis so he should be able to do it.
If Stevie B is going to be benched I’d much rather GLC start on the right wing than Lucas or Bale.

We’d get to experiment Tanguy and GLC on the pitch together without sacrificing Sissoko and RW is a position GLC played a good amount of at Betis.

If Stevie B is going to be benched I’d much rather GLC start on the right wing than Lucas or Bale.

We’d get to experiment Tanguy and GLC on the pitch together without sacrificing Sissoko and RW is a position GLC played a good amount of at Betis.
I'm not sure we want experimentation in a vital PL game. Didn't we start the two of them recently in an EL game? A bit of a failure as I remember.
My view is that you always pick players in their preferred position

We all know that the problem we have is our back four has to have Sissoko and PEH in front of them to look secure. We are just setting up too defensively.

Son and Kane up top. only leaves 2 spaces. Seems most of us want GLC and Tangay to play together to provide some real creative progressive thrust in the midfield. Trouble is their one start together wasn't too promising. and it leaves the left back exposed.

Could we try a 3-5-2

toby - dier- Rodon

Aurier - GLC - PEH - TN- Reggie

Kane and Son

when one of the wing backs pushes on the other stays back. Peh sitting in front of the back 3/4. It leaves them a little more exposed but on the plus side we hopefully control the midfield and cut off attacks before they get to the back line and can be much more aggressive in progressing the ball.

I'm not sure this will work but i dont think how we have been setting up will win us enough games in the long run.

I may be over complicating things and a simple 4-4-2 is enough.

I think Reggie should get more time and Stevie B should be the one to make way for him. Reggie is not a natural goal scorer but with Sonny and Kane you just need someone to get the ball up there.

He would be a better crosser of the ball than Serge but would he have the physicality to get there?
Why not? He's quite a scrappy, high intensity player. He'd also have a higher starting position than Aurier, and less urgency to track back.

Not integrating Lo Celso and Ndombele in the team will probably be what ends up costing us something this season.

Need to just do it.

GLC on the wing. Ndombele dominating midfield. Please.

Can't see it myself.
Always pick players in their preferred positions, which in Lo Celso's case isn't right wing.
There's Bergwign, Lucas, Clarke, Bale (and possibly Lamela) more suited.
Didn’t someone say Lo Celso played on the right side of attack for Argentina?

With the exception of Berg, I personally would like to see Lo Celso in the starting lineup ahead of Lucas, Clarke and Bale to be honest, maybe it wouldn’t work but trying to get our best players all on the pitch at the same time is something that’s worth trying.

Didn’t someone say Lo Celso played on the right side of attack for Argentina?
No, in the last set of games he played on the left side. Something between a LW and left mid.

He'd drop deep to pick up the ball and play short passes to move forward, press the opposition when they're on the ball etc.

When attacking he'd make runs towards the by line, and make cut backs towards Messi/Martinez. He's got a decent pass with his left foot when crossing/passing left to right.

If we play like we did from minute 45 through 65 for the first half we will be up 2-0 and can sit back and let them pass it around and do nothing.

They attack a lot down the right wing. I was watching the Brighton and Everton games.

I would say a 4231 is what we will see with Hojbjerg and Sissoko helping the full backs.

Need be careful however that Tielemans and Maddison don't get too much space in the middle. Cengiz has done better than I thought. They do have a weakness on the left however. Unfortunately we don't have RW that has shown anything consistent this season to take advantage. I would play Bale in this, Fuchs isn't going to get forward much so Bale won't have to track back much.

Lloris
Aurier Alde Dier Reguilon
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Bale Ndombele Son
Kane

Lose this game and we could be spending Xmas in 8th. MASSIVE game and Jose will have them under a huge amount of pressure to get the 3 points.

-----------------Lloris---------------
--Doherty--Rodon--Dier--Reg--
--Ndombele--Hojberg--GOAT--
----Lucas-----Kane-----Son------

Simple and smart rotation for this.

4-1 or 4-0, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom