Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the Liverpool game showed us that we need more creativity in the midfield.

We need to get the ball more to Kane and Son.
But we created enough chances to win comfortably

Some good performances tonight though
Aurier excellent
Sissoko majestic
Son superb

Let down by poor finishing

Except for their strong performance at the weekend against Brighton, their recent form has been patchy. Battered by Liverpool, lost to Fulham, had to nick it at the death against Sheffield United, and lost to Everton.

Three points of massive importance here to stop this little bobble in results.

We'll bounce back.

Hugo
Aurier - Toby - Dier - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Ndombele - Sissoko
Bale - Kane - Son

2-0 Spurs.

We need a positive reaction against a good opponent. Not going to be easy.

I think we will see a team that is given a bit of a refresh. Why else have a big and capable squad.

I keep saying we need to see players being pushed to perform to their best.

Time for Bale and one or two others to be given a chance but they need to produce.

Kane and Son cannot be the only ones we rely on game in game out.

Last edited:
Just play some fucking football. Like actually get hold of the ball and keep it instead of giving it to the other team for 75% of the match.
Another guy that does not understand football. There are multiple philosophies about football. Not just pressing and attacking that leads you to victories. I will give you a hint, there is no ultimate "right choice" if it comes to win matches. If you don't see how close we were to win today, you should really question your knowledge about this sport.

Last edited:
Another guy that does not understand football. There are multiple philosophies about football. Not just pressing and attacking that leads you to victories. I will give you a hint, there is no ultimate "right choice" if it comes to win matches. If you don't see how close we were to win today, you should really question your knowledge about this sport. I will be happy to see you still here when we win the league at the end. "but but... we only defend...."
Bollocks, i know what i like to watch and the way we play isn't my personal favourite style of football.. Of course there is no right choice but we all have our preference for how we like to see the game played.

Ultimately it's about results and whatever aesthetic pleasure i derive from watching my team is subservient to that. If we are successful that's great but i'm not going to be a hypocrite and claim i would watch other teams playing the way we do.

BTW you get fuck all for being close to winning. It's a meaningless comment.

BTW you get fuck all for being close to winning. It's a meaningless comment.
You are just down playing our performance. Just to remind you, Liverpool mainly attacked just managed to win it with a random DEFLECTION and a set piece where Toby and Kane could easily stopped it. We had beautiful chances were Bergwijn or Harry could have scored it easily but did not. Klopp was so pleased and happy just to win it with one difference despite being "the best team in europe". Mou just took over and he is already competitive.

Last edited:
This is a home game. spursdynasty please reverse the thread title. Irritating me like mad, confusing others.
24680474.gif

Well there definitely won't be any clappers involved then.

The thread title fucked me up goddamn it!

I don't want to see Bergwijn start. Bale or Lo Celso on that right please. Need more goal threat
If we're thinking along the same lines, this is what is what should be:

Son Kane Lo Celso

Ndombele PEH Sissoko

Regui Dier Toby Aurier

In normal, no possession play Lo Celso drops into a CM-like position, while Sissoko babysits Aurier, then in possession Lo Celso carries the ball forward (like for Son's goal), if Kane drops deep to take the ball Lo Celso rushes forward, but from a deeper position than Son. In a all out counter attacking scramble all three of them + one of Sissoko/Ndombele bumrush the opposition.

I'd just make one change. Rodon for Toby, just for the simple fact that I believe he can head back set pieces better.

Back
Top Bottom