Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Sad to see an old timer like Francis Lee pass away recently but it might be just in time. I clearly saw him punch the ball in the net in 1973 so there is clear grounds for the match to be replayed no?

A few Liverpool fans on RAWK decided to complain to Talksport about Simon Jordan's comment about victim culture and Liverpool. Here is Talksport's response:

"Dear Joe,

Thank you for getting in touch about comments made by Simon Jordan on Tuesday 3 October.

As you may be aware, Simon Jordan responded to the concerns raised by you and by others during yesterday morning's episode of White & Jordan. Without setting out in full everything he said, Simon made it clear that he never intended his words to relate to Hillsborough and that the interpretation which some people have given to his words could not be further from his position in relation to that tragedy. He pointed out that he has spoken out loudly against ‘tragedy chanting’, as has his co-host Jim White.

In the discussion on Wednesday morning, Simon reiterated that his words were “specifically and explicitly about VAR and the injustices that fans think are being foisted on their clubs”. He reminded listeners that “victim” is a word he has used in many instances in the context of phrases like “victim complex”, “victim culture” and “victim mentality”, not lightly but in conjunction to a whole host of clubs and individuals, including for example, Manchester City, Eddie Hearn and Conor Benn. He expressed his disappointment and regret that, on this occasion, his words had been somehow misinterpreted as relating to Hillsborough and “the tragedy that it was”.

Towards the end of this opening monologue, Simon also said that he had reflected on his use of the word “victim” and on whether what he had said would be better expressed as “conspiracy theory mentality, because the conspiracy idea that VAR and the referees are doing things to certain teams is flawed”. He concluded by saying, “It's not conspiracy, it's incompetence, it’s professional inadequacy that’s what’s going on, maybe we should look a little deeper into the issue...but the idea that in any shape or form, in any shape or form, that I was suggesting that this is relatable to Hillsborough is beyond the pale and it's an unfortunate interpretation from those who are seeking to make it".

Simon is a thoughtful presenter who brings valued expertise and insight to the TalkSPORT audience and his words yesterday morning demonstrate the seriousness with which he has taken the concerns raised.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, it is very much appreciated - good or bad.

I hope this response and Simon's on-air explanation addresses your concerns but if you would like to take the matter further you may contact our regulator, Ofcom, via their website www.ofcom.org.uk

Once again, thank you for getting in touch to share your concerns with us.

All my best,

Claire Telford

Head of Broadcast Compliance
"

Now what does he really think?

Officials in the night exchanging glances
Wondering in the night
What were the chances we’d be sharing points
When the game was through

Something in refs eyes was clearly blinding
Something in that smile , just Klopp‘s teeth grinding
Something in the VAR
Was a huge fuck you

Officials in the night
Two lonely people they were officials in the night
Up to the moment
When they said it was no goal
Little did they know
Replay was just an ask away
Klopp was gonna make them pay

Ever since that night been so much whingeing
On their salty tears Spurs fans are bingeing
It turned out so right
For Spurs fans in the night

DOOBIE DOOBIE DO , FUCKING BOO HOO , DOOBIE DOO

Last edited:
This from Chris Sutton on his predictions for the BBC
"Mohamed Salah looks in particularly good form at the moment - but if the Reds don't win this game then I suppose they will want a replay, won't they?

I like Reds boss Jurgen Klopp but, if that happened, it would turn football into a total farce. Everyone would want every game replayed over any contentious decision that has gone against them, which is absolutely ridiculous"

This is GREAT banter.

alan partridge GIF

Could this be Klopps "Keegan" moment so to speak?
They have always had a free pass in the media while everyone else has seen them for the whiney cunts they are, hopefully now after the way they have carried on here acting so entitled they will get a bit more scrutinty going forward and it would be lovely to see Klopp Implode!

Via my Time Machine I have got my hands on a clip from the documentary filmed in the year 2407 about the worst miscarriage of justice in football history . This particular clip involves an interview with James Maddison‘s daughter

Animated GIF

I just switched Sky Sports on and the lead story is that Klopp is now saying that his words have been been misconstrued about wanting the game replayed. Yeah, I’ll bet after seeing the way the tide turned against the whinging whiny twats.

The best bit is that they went to Carragher for an opinion. I have listened to him come out with some idiotic crap in the past, but this one caps it all. He claims that with the whole review of VAR procedures now, hopefully Liverpool may get something out of it in the long run more than the three points they deserve because of what happened.

THREE POINTS!!! Where the fuck does he think they came from. So he assumes after the disallowed goal, Liverpool would automatically have won the game. Fuckwit.

Back
Top Bottom