Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marseille are comfortably the second best team in the group
I'm assuming you think Spurs are the best team in the group. I wouldn't underestimate Sporting, or Champions League 4 team groups in general. Who's the second best team in Liverpool's group?

Apart from them combining for the red, Son and Kane were awful. Son’s been gash all season, Kane’s been chugging away ok generally but was also atrocious tonight.
Son looks like the new signing gelling in and Richy looks like he's been here 6 years.
Son honestly needs a couple games out the team, he could be fatigued, was a short break end of this season. Kane hasn't looked fantastic but he has still scored 5 in the league and his shooting has been of his usual accurate standard for the most part, I honestly think having Richy and Kulu doing a lot of the running either side of him would make him look much better and liberated not to have to drop deep, or having willing pass options if he does choose to do so.
IDK if Richy coming in has fucked with Son's head, but at this stage with how much faith we've shown in him at the start of this season he needs to know that yes, if he drops off to this extent there is now a very high class option to replace him from the bench.

For all Marseille’s huff and puff in the first half (not to mention the commentator’s constant creaming over them), they created fuck all and recorded a whopping 0.2 xG.

Maybe it’s not always the best to watch currently but I think we are still learning how to play these matches and will grow in confidence. Meanwhile we give up almost nothing at the back.

Not a comfortable watch, but we won, which is the whole point of playing a game.
Ref had a stinker, they conned him good and proper; everytime we went anywhere near them, they went down like a sack of spuds.
Onwards and upwards!
And I got a free programme, as some sap in the premium seats left his behind - RESULT :)

Fanbois?

I asked a reasonable question, about how we get the best out of last season's top scorer in the league. Not sure why you think I'm after a fight, I thought I was having a conversation.
I know what I said, and I'm done with that kind of interaction - just asking the question was all I was doing.

It wasn’t a reasonable question at all

You were being sarcastic and patronising so if you’re genuinely done with ‘that kind of interaction’ why try and provoke an argument

Do us both a favour Mick and don’t interact with me at all if that’s the best you can do

I bid you good night

Not a comfortable watch, but we won, which is the whole point of playing a game.
Ref had a stinker, they conned him good and proper; everytime we went anywhere near them, they went down like a sack of spuds.
Onwards and upwards!
And I got a free programme, as some sap in the premium seats left his behind - RESULT :)

Ref totally lost it after the ref card as though he felt guilty!!

It was the correct decision

Richarlisons movement and energy is what weve been lacking for ages.

We arent even playing well and yet we are coasting. We never look seriously out of our depth

Back
Top Bottom