Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"In our ranks there's Erik Lamela...
He's had a dream for a year or two...
That one day he's gonna play at Wembley...
And 80,000 will be there too!

Come
on
you...

Spurs are on their way to Wembley... Tottenham's gonna do it again..."

Friends1.gif

I actually leave in just over an hour. Had the shits yesterday which was a bug, today just the butterflies, so hopefully all is ok.

Didn't poch complain last season that the pitch at whl is too small? Perhaps why our away record is more impressive performance wise than at home.

I'm excited to see how we do on the bigger pitch over a number of games

I just read a quote of Poch's that the Premier League is the toughest league in the world and playing the 'top 6' clubs is really hard, then "Monaco is just as hard as playing Stoke at Stoke" :levylol:

Fitness is one of our key assists . It'll be fine

We don't press the ball so much as the avenues the ball can be passed. There's still only 11 players on the pitch, which we need to close down. May not mean significantly more running distance.

Oh yes definitely. We have the fitness and the discipline. We will use the flanks as the extra man. Press intelligently and efficiently.

Opponents have certainly attempted to press us harder rather than sitting back on evidence of the first few games of this and the end of last season. I think the pitch will work in our favour.

This is another example of why our world class training facility enables us to gain the edge over our opponents.

Lets hope the fans do their part to make it as an intimidating atmosphere as possible, and not lose the home advantage.

COYS!

Back
Top Bottom