Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loved the fact the Fans were singing "Spurs are on their way to Wembley!" on Saturday...

As a song - our song - it made perfect sense...

It's almost as if Chas'n'Dave saw it coming 35 years ago!

It sounded brilliant at Euston on Saturday night.Only my thoughts but there seemed genuine excitement about Wednesday night even from us old sods.

I think it's because selling out Wembley is genuinely something to be proud of - these are REAL fans as well......not like winning an online poll for player of the month because people in the far east like the colour red.

Ofcourse we need to start with our strongest XI. Who the fuck rests players in the Champions League? We need to win. Monaco had a good start to their season too. No mistakes.

Have my grandfather's funeral on Wednesday afternoon and will be watching on Thursday morning with my father, times like these are when you realise how important football is in your life. Been a really difficult week or so but football is the thing that keeps me san and spurs (no pun intended) us all on to put our troubles aside.

COYS!!

Have my grandfather's funeral on Wednesday afternoon and will be watching on Thursday morning with my father, times like these are when you realise how important football is in your life. Been a really difficult week or so but football is the thing that keeps me san and spurs (no pun intended) us all on to put our troubles aside.

COYS!!
May your GF rest in peace. My condolences

The only thing I am a bit concerned with is our balance without Rose. We didn't have too much attacking from Davies down the left at Stoke, although he was ok defensively.
I watched Monaco and I thought Rose could have done a job on their RB. Their right looked the weakest defensively.
However, Davies is a bit more conservative with his attacking. If he let's the RB come onto him we may have a bit of trouble down that side.

The only thing I am a bit concerned with is our balance without Rose. We didn't have too much attacking from Davies down the left at Stoke, although he was ok defensively.
I watched Monaco and I thought Rose could have done a job on their RB. Their right looked the weakest defensively.
However, Davies is a bit more conservative with his attacking. If he let's the RB come onto him we may have a bit of trouble down that side.
I think Rose being out actually benefits Son though, I reckon when Rose and Son play together on the same side we are exposed a bit defensively as they both are very attacking in nature. Wheareas with Eriksen, Dele and Lamela all rotating in front of Rose normally it is a lot easier for any of the three to drop in as they are all extremely fluid. Even on the weekend the addition of Lamela as a sub made the attacking three a lot more fluid.

Glad to see that this is the biggest game in CL on Wednesday and shown on Swedish TV3. It helps that some of the TV3 guys are Spurs fans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom