Spurs worst signings ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are our worst signings ?
Obviously Soldado "the donkey" and Lamela ( who ? ) are 1 and 2 but after them who qualifies ?
Bent springs to mind, so does Rebrov, Bentley, Postiga, Bassong, Gomes etc. etc.
Nominations please !,
pdcZoEf.png

If not a troll then surely the answer is David beckh......sorry bentley.£16m 42 games 3 goals although the one against the scum was special so maybe he deserves a pass

That Gareth Bale guy was crap as well, glad we've finally got rid of that curse. Yes, I've just woken up from a coma I went into in 2009, though I doubt he went on to set the world on fire.

Where did that Welsh mug end up?

Technically we did, he came from West Ham Youth. :freund:

Still, with a cunt of such monumental levels, I don't think him being a signing really matters. He's just in another league altogether of uber-cuntery. Sort of like the Capo di Cunti Cuntto. :adestare:

He could only have been really young so I doubt we actually signed him.

Gilberto is my personal worst. Gomes cost us in so many games it is incredible, although there were purple patches, he was without question a clown.

The dark 90s and early 00's there was about 5 worst signings per match day squad. So arguably Alan Sugar was our worst signing!

Jason Dozzell - a signing that marked a real low point in the 90s, as i regular tell him when i see him and i have had a few........we can laugh about it now but at the time it was torturous seeing a player so far out of his depth..........

Current squad - Bongani Khumalo - I understand the potential commercial benefits of having SA players and i know we have previous links there (Mabizela), but this guy was obviously never going to be Premier League standard. Not ever been close to playing regularly for us. Spent almost all his time on loan in the lower leagues, where he has hardly been pulling up trees. Who is buying all the Khumalo merch to justify keeping this joker on our payroll!!!!!!!!

Life time - In terms of financial losses noone comes close to Bentley. He has/had ability though and I am answering this question on purely footballing ability. Unfortunately we have had quite a few players who's lack of skill amazed me but none more so than Grzegorz Rasiak. The guy had nothing at all that he could do well. He was the ultimate deadline day Levy signing.

As a club we've had more than our fair share of wooden ones. Some of out current crop look like Ronaldo compared to some we had in the 90s.

If Bobby doesn't score again and gets sold back to a Spanish club for > £8m, then we can talk about it. No way now!

Maybe this should be headed "Spurs worst player". This thread is common on various forums over the years, and it's a great one. Like every club, we have signed numerous amounts of donkeys, and this last year we have excelled. On a £ for £ basis, I would say Lamela has to be the worst, however just for being a really really crap player, my vote goes to Raman Vega

Talking of smelly Gooners or ex-smelly, I read this morning that little prick Arshuvin got subbed last night after 15 mins, tactical after Zenit went 2 0 down to Dortmund. That's got to be record for quickest sub!

I used to live in West Bletchley, Galloway Close MK3 7TB to be exact

Bobby Convey was another hilarity.

We weren't allowed to sign him because the immigration authority said he was too shit.

Back
Top Bottom