Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big lad, technically good CB who signed his first pro contract in November 2019, 18 in a few days time - probably between him, 19 year old Brooklyn Lyons-Foster (technically excellent, less physically developed) and 20 year old Timothy Eyoma (looked good on pre-season 2018 but suffered Poch 'train with first team, no play' and didn't look as good after- currently on loan to Lincoln City) as the next CB after Japhet Tanganga to have a chance to join first team squad.

Academy Year 2 is turning out some great prospects alongside Malachi Fagan-Walcott is Dennis Cirkin (LB/CB)., Harvey White (DM/CM), J'Neill Lloyd-Bennett (AM), Troy Parrott (striker) with Kion Etete (striker) also closing in joining this group - shame Luis Binks (CB) didn't stay. All decent candidates for this years pre-season I'd imagine, and if not this years, next years.

Roles off the bench after 58 minutes to test former Spurs youth GK Vigouroux

Marsh played the full 90 for Orient who won

Amos came on for Dom Ball in the 2nd half and QPR went from 0-1 to 1-3. Clarke unused.
CCV 90 mins clean sheet.
Thanks for these posts chaps, I really appreciate them.
The content is not what I usually want to see/hear, but the updates are appreciated.

I think a return to a proper "reserves league" setup would definitely be useful for us.

Noni Mandueke being awarded with a new contract until 2024 - he made his first start for PSV at the weekend playing for 80 minutes.

The former Spurs u16 captain moved to PSV rather than sign an Academy Scholarship at Spurs due to the lack of path to first team at Spurs - and the 17 year old has almost certainly been proved right.

Troy Parrott played in the first half of Spurs last u21 match (v Wolves) before being replaced by Rodel Richards for the 2nd half.

I assume Parrott will be with Spurs first team at the weekend so not feature, be interesting to see who replaces him in the Spurs u21 side - Rodel Richards (wingerstriker aged 19) or Kion Etete (more straight forward no 9 aged 18) who has mainly played in Spurs u18's with only a couple of appearances in u21's.

Troy Parrott played in the first half of Spurs last u21 match (v Wolves) before being replaced by Rodel Richards for the 2nd half.

I assume Parrott will be with Spurs first team at the weekend so not feature, be interesting to see who replaces him in the Spurs u21 side - Rodel Richards (wingerstriker aged 19) or Kion Etete (more straight forward no 9 aged 18) who has mainly played in Spurs u18's with only a couple of appearances in u21's.

What’s your opinion of Etete? Any good?

What’s your opinion of Etete? Any good?

Limited viewing and u18's only. But a lot lot better than I had supposed which is that we had brought him in whilst Parrott was split between u23's and first team (ie he was just going to be a place holder).

Seems to be decent on the ball, passing (and therefore capable of creating assists), scoring and pressing and at 6 foot 4 or 6 foot 5 going to be a real presence in the box - and more robustly built than Peter Crouch imo.

Think he should be given more opportunity to play a few u21 matches as if he plays well in those I think he could be a late candidate to go on Preseason tour as he seems to tick most of the boxes. And u21's is a good test to check that his size relative to other players has not made him look better than he is playing at u18 level.

If the England youth scouts are doing their job, think he could get a call up for E u19's - relatively rare though it is to get a call up at that level without ever getting a call up at a younger age.

Problem at u21 level is I think the want to give Rodel Richards (winger/striker) a good go as no 9 as he's mainly played as a goal soring winger (and he's still a 'decent prospect' too) and Jeremi Mukendi (forward) has just come back after being out through injury for just over a year - both 19 (v Etete 18) so think they are trying to give the older lads a go first.

Overall definitely a player to monitor over the next year or so.

U23 v Woolwich cancelled

Majority of Woolwich squad were in self isolation following Arteta's diagnosis of coronavirus (and of course the spread via his coaches to many players both first team and youth) which is why u23's was cancelled.

All academic now after PL and EFL agreed to suspend all football until 3 April - and really cannot see it being better until probably at least May now (based upon Italian experience).....and even that may well be optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom