Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lincoln lost 2-1 in the League 1 playoff final to Blackpool - Blackpool just so much better in attack - but great experience for Eyoma to play in such an important match for LIncoln.

A classy 'goodbye' to Lincoln City Fc and its fans which is good to see, as both Lincoln and Eyoma have benefitted from the loan with TJ being trusted to play in over 50 matches this season and over 4,000 minutes as RB (first half of the season) and CB in 2nd half of the season. Very few loans give this amount of playing experience

Jubril Okedina on playing for Cambridge, including the game as they gained promotion from League 2 to League 1 in an automatic promotion places.

Jubril Okedina on playing for Cambridge, including the game as they gained promotion from League 2 to League 1 in an automatic promotion places.
Totally forgot about him.

Totally forgot about him.

I think it proves the success of the loan syatem to develop players - Skipp, Eyoma and Okedina will certainly be coming back better than if they had been playing u23's last season - and they wouldn't have got much game time with the first team as showed under Poch (who had a more stable covid free time than Mourhino) and probably true under Mourhino.

Others including Parrott, White and Clarke despite having less success will have developed as players and people.

Ju;st hope whoever is the incoming manager recognises the importance of loans as one of the mechanisms/ways to develop players, given that its never going to be possible to develop all the youngsters via playing them in the first team without some also going through loans.

After tonight's match for Paskotsi, these are next two matches for youngsters on Friday 4 June :

Maksim Paskotsi - Estonia away friendly against Finland - kick-off 5pm
Elliot Thorpe - Wales Under-21s home European Under-21 Championship qualifier against Moldova - kick-off 7.30pm

followed on Saturday by :
Isak Solberg - Norway Under-18s away friendly against Portugal - kick-off 1pm

Samuel Amo-Ameyaw, Temidire Emmanuel Okuwa and Jayden Meghoma called up for an England u15 training camp.

Whilst Luca Gunter and Rio Kyerematen called up for E u16's
Thought we had 4/5 E/U16’s, injuries or have they moved up? Or my memory fails me.

Thought we had 4/5 E/U16’s, injuries or have they moved up? Or my memory fails me.

These are u15's rather than u16's

I think at both u15 and u16 the coaches try out a number of players, so there might be 2 or 3 different squads tried out ie maybe 50 or 75 in each age group - and u15 squads are called up for more training camps than formal matches.

But certainly from u17 onwards (and maybe later in the season u16 call ups) the squads are mainly of the same 20 odd players (allowing for injuries) with relatively few 'new' players joining each age group squad.

These are u15's rather than u16's

I think at both u15 and u16 the coaches try out a number of players, so there might be 2 or 3 different squads tried out ie maybe 50 or 75 in each age group - and u15 squads are called up for more training camps than formal matches.

But certainly from u17 onwards (and maybe later in the season u16 call ups) the squads are mainly of the same 20 odd players (allowing for injuries) with relatively few 'new' players joining each age group squad.

Yeah:

Whilst Luca Gunter and Rio Kyerematen called up for E u16's
Just thought we had more U16's presently (regulars of note, as you say though maybe they are drift in and out players I took as 'core English Squad', presume there are 6-8 in each group who are virtual ever presents when fit).

first goal very Kane-like shot; low, into the corner, often look like they're scuffed but they are the hardest ones for the keeper to save.
I agree.
One of my big hopes for our Academy strikers is that they have learnt tons from Kane - especially his work ethic in training and how he taught himself to strike low in the corner off both feet because keepers hate that so much.
So, not just Parrott, but the likes of Dane Scarlett too.

I agree.
One of my big hopes for our Academy strikers is that they have learnt tons from Kane - especially his work ethic in training and how he taught himself to strike low in the corner off both feet because keepers hate that so much.
So, not just Parrott, but the likes of Dane Scarlett too.
You'd hope that the Academy Coaches would be encouraging these young strikers to glean as much as they can from Kane - how he trains, what he tries to do when he shoots, having a strong "wrong" foot (one of my bug bears with "pro" footballers), whether he goes near post or far for crosses, and so on.

If a lad from the academy makes it, then attitude (and luck) are hugely important. It's likely that Chavs and City will hoover up a lot of the youngsters who have the talent, because it's pretty easy to spot at the age of 10 or whatever and they've got the pockets to appeal to a parent's greed.

We have to punch above our weight here, and identifying which kids have the right work ethic has to be one of the ways to do it.

Back
Top Bottom