Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Devine's clearly class.

Mathurin looked very skilful - free kick was a belter, went high and dipped, maybe might have beaten a wall of taller senior footballers too. Very neat flick with left peg to mug the defender and volleyed left peg finish for the 3rd.

Scarlett is very physical, will be interesting to see how he develops against senior centre backs who won't be bullied.

Muir looked a useful CB.

Good interplay down our left #11 and #3, obviously for the first goal but not the only time. Mundle and Kyesu?

That first goal - some great possession football, great the scorer Lusala arriving late in the box was the RB.

Seemed to get the rub of the green for once with ref decisions. The 2nd looked a foul by Craig the assister, but great credit for pressing the last defender on the edge of the box.

Zest Zest mentioned Scarlett's surly edge. I wasn't bothered by that, he didn't seem to do much fouling.

But Devine - he's the one with attitude! Got red in the previous one I saw for kicking Drinkwater, got a yellow this time (kicking ball away?), always in the ref's face nattering, walked straight past when subbed!

Were Chavs missing lots of players? They were battered. Whittaker (?) missing from a yard out after a deflection made it sound a lot worse than it was. That would have been 7 (seven)

Why can't Spurs televise Youth games? There must be a reason
This is the match where young Alfie Devine got a red for fouling Danny Drinkwater.

Given chavski paid £34 million for Drinkwater when Conte was coach, I think the first thing our Academy boss should do is show Conte the video of Devine kicking Drinkwater.

Antonio seems to thrive on revenge. Alfie would be straight into the first team squad.

:mourear:

I agree.
One of my big hopes for our Academy strikers is that they have learnt tons from Kane - especially his work ethic in training and how he taught himself to strike low in the corner off both feet because keepers hate that so much.
So, not just Parrott, but the likes of Dane Scarlett too.

Agree with that, but not just strikers, all Academy & Development Squad players likely to be in scoring positions can learn how to score more and better goals from Kane, especially Attacking Midfielders but also central midfield players full backs and others.

Son should be a decent role model for AM's as well - and Bale for his technique etc

tbf I've seen elements of Kane in Scarlett's game, but impossible to say if he lerned for Kane or its just part of his natural game

For the record Tanganga, Brandon Austin and Tobi Omole are now all over 21 and would have to be included in the squad of 25 to be eligible to play for the 1st team.
Austin already on loan in the USA so highly likely we will be looking to loan out Omole and IMO Tanganga could also do with a loan.
CCV and Whiteman are the other 2 over age players who are not 1st team regulars and would have to be included in the squad of 25. CCV highly likely to be sold. Whiteman surely needs a loan and maybe Spurs could sign a Brad Fridel type if he does go out on loan?

Fwiw, which is probably very little since neither we nor the club seem to have any clue as to who the next head coach will be, here's some youth ITK from dragon1.

Fwiw, which is probably very little since neither we nor the club seem to have any clue as to who the next head coach will be, here's some youth ITK from dragon1.

So unless Dragon 1 is going to be the next manager, I'm not sure he has a clue what he's talking about.
Could be wrong though.
:sonhmm:

So unless Dragon 1 is going to be the next manager, I'm not sure he has a clue what he's talking about.
Could be wrong though.
:sonhmm:
graham.png

:adeohshit: :adeohshit:

All three were involved this past season, so thanks for the update dragon1 on telling us absolutely nothing new, except I now think dragons are twats.

Hmmmm

Its a fair bet (and maybe a racing certainty) that Dragon1 would be right as all 3 are unlikely to be out on loan, but highly rated and all 3 played minutes for the first team last season.

But I doubt its ITK, as you say, as manager has yet to be appointed. But it may well be that any incoming manager will be given a briefing on young players and those club recomend should be played in pre-season and Conference League and that briefing would include all 3 of those young players.

A more difficult call will be which of the Development Squad will be playing for first team next season, as probably a dozen or more of the most senior will be loaned out leaving half a dozen or so of those who were in development squad plus about a dozen from the latest to join Development squad.

Hmmmm

Its a fair bet (and maybe a racing certainty) that Dragon1 would be right as all 3 are unlikely to be out on loan, but highly rated and all 3 played minutes for the first team last season.

But I doubt its ITK, as you say, as manager has yet to be appointed. But it may well be that any incoming manager will be given a briefing on young players and those club recomend should be played in pre-season and Conference League and that briefing would include all 3 of those young players.

A more difficult call will be which of the Development Squad will be playing for first team next season, as probably a dozen or more of the most senior will be loaned out leaving half a dozen or so of those who were in development squad plus about a dozen from the latest to join Development squad.
I agree.

I hope this means that Nile John, Dane Scarlett & Alfie Devine are all highly regarded, and that our new DoF / Head Coach structure will be encouraged to consider their development as an important part of the job.

Just noticed this from last week. I don't think it's been posted in this thread.

Think I have only seen him play once and he sailed a bit close to the wind in that game. Likes to ..ahem..put his foot in.

Just noticed this from last week. I don't think it's been posted in this thread.

Think I have only seen him play once and he sailed a bit close to the wind in that game. Likes to ..ahem..put his foot in.

From White City, came over from Brentford in 2016 (I didn't think they had any sort of academy?)

Someone did well to persuade him to come over to Enfield then; 3 big clubs very close to Brentford - Chavs, Fulham and QPR, although the first 2 have training grounds out in Surrey. QPR's would have been pretty easy to get to.

From White City, came over from Brentford in 2016 (I didn't think they had any sort of academy?)

Someone did well to persuade him to come over to Enfield then; 3 big clubs very close to Brentford - Chavs, Fulham and QPR, although the first 2 have training grounds out in Surrey. QPR's would have been pretty easy to get to.
Thought it was Dermi Lusala who came across from Brentford - presumably when they closed their Academy - not NJ.

Brentford Academy was formally closed at end of 2015-16 season with the players released to find another academy to join and a few (probably oldest) sold.

Players included u16's but also u16'2, u15. u14 etc.

Spurs picked up a number of them, but worthwhile noting that its not uncommon for players at end of say u14 season will move from one academy to another, so whilst Brentford academy closing brought things to a head some players might have moved anyway.

Thimothee Lo-Tutala u18 goalkeeper who has just moved up to Spurs development squad is another who moved from Brentford academy to Spurs around time of Brentford academy closing (but not sure of precise timing).

Back
Top Bottom