Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters

pakistani-spur

I hate damir skomina
What exactly is our transfer strategy under this guy? It seems over the previous several seasons we've gone for players with resale value like GLC and Bergwyn, now all of a sudden we're signing older players that have probably already peaked like Holjberg and Doherty from mid-table teams (arguably without resale value) who I don't think will make us any better than we already are.... whilst we let quality 'older' players like Allan and James R that are the complete package slip out of the radar.

Hitchen out!

What exactly is our transfer strategy under this guy? It seems over the previous several seasons we've gone for players with resale value like GLC and Bergwyn, now all of a sudden we're signing older players that have probably already peaked like Holjberg and Doherty from mid-table teams (arguably without resale value) who I don't think will make us any better than we already are.... whilst we let quality 'older' players like Allan and James R that are the complete package slip out of the radar.

Hitchen out!

Hitchen is just a closer, he doesn't select players, hes the chief scout so does organise the team below him . Player identification would come from the transfer committee as a whole, probably majorly influenced buy Jose.

Hitchen is just a closer, he doesn't select players. Player identification would come from the transfer committee as a whole, probably majorly influenced buy Jose.

Haha fair enough - poor guy is gonna get blamed for all our potential shi*ty transfers after his cameo in the amazon documentary.

Hitchen out!
He does look out of his depth but the problems go deeper. All these people have to work in the parameters set by the chairman As for mid table plodders i'm afraid Mourinho seems to like them and mistrusts flair. Even if we could afford James R i doubt he'd have wanted him.

Hitchen is just a closer, he doesn't select players. Player identification would come from the transfer committee as a whole, probably majorly influenced buy Jose.
You added a c to your description
, must've been a typo...

Joking aside, as per the amazon doc, Levy lays out the financial restrictions, Mourinho specifies type he wants and Hitchen DOES identify the player pool to choose from, then we gaze longingly at them hoping that a transfer magically materialises.

Should be noted we have had a restructure on the footballing side with Trevor Birch appointed as Director of Football Operations.

You added a c to your description
, must've been a typo...

Joking aside, as per the amazon doc, Levy lays out the financial restrictions, Mourinho specifies type he wants and Hitchen DOES identify the player pool to choose from, then we gaze longingly at them hoping that a transfer magically materialises.

Yeah he is the head of scouting, but he simply brings a list based on the parameters he has been given, I think we have had a committee for a very long time but at the end of the day I would say its manager and chairman has the final say.

Will be interesting to see where Trevor Birch fits in.

I really hope the recent changes made to the committee/ footballing side of things start to bear fruit, though I can't say I've been impressed with what I've seen of Hitchen on the documentary.

You only have to look to yesterday, as Everton's newly assembled midfield absolutely bossed ours - any of those midfielders would have improved us instantly. Our player identification/ scouting is bordering on a joke and has been for a long, long time.

We have been linked with the same players with the last two managers who have a different playing style. The manager seems to get a limited pool of players to pick from and goes on the basis of what's picked out for him.

How Hitchen watched the two PSV games and ignored the player that tore our defence apart in one and gave constant hassle in the second and then went "Yeah, we should target the other guy" is beyond me.

We have been linked with the same players with the last two managers who have a different playing style. The manager seems to get a limited pool of players to pick from and goes on the basis of what's picked out for him.

How Hitchen watched the two PSV games and ignored the player that tore our defence apart in one and gave constant hassle in the second and then went "Yeah, we should target the other guy" is beyond me.

You mean Lozano?

Yeah he is the head of scouting, but he simply brings a list based on the parameters he has been given, I think we have had a committee for a very long time but at the end of the day I would say its manager and chairman has the final say.

Will be interesting to see where Trevor Birch fits in.
Yeah Levy will have final say on whether we sign or not, but that I would hope is based purely on financial viability, nothing to do with his opinion on the player.

Based on who we reportedly hold/held interest in, not 100% reliable admittedly, there seems to be a distinct lack of consistency from target to target. Surely this lies firmly at the feet of the guy compiling the list?

I wanna know if anyone had actually seen N'Dombele run (in person, not highlight reels) before signing him. On the ball he's exquisite I know but how could you ever sign him for a predominantly pressing team, which was our modus operandi under Poch.

I really hope the recent changes made to the committee/ footballing side of things start to bear fruit, though I can't say I've been impressed with what I've seen of Hitchen on the documentary.

You only have to look to yesterday, as Everton's newly assembled midfield absolutely bossed ours - any of those midfielders would have improved us instantly. Our player identification/ scouting is bordering on a joke and has been for a long, long time.

You don't need a scouting network to identify players like James, Dacoure and Allan they are well known players. All were known to be on the move and for whatever reason we didn't go for them.

Yeah Levy will have final say on whether we sign or not, but that I would hope is based purely on financial viability, nothing to do with his opinion on the player.

Based on who we reportedly hold/held interest in, not 100% reliable admittedly, there seems to be a distinct lack of consistency from target to target. Surely this lies firmly at the feet of the guy compiling the list?

I would say that list but is based on parameters by the people above him? Again I am not being shitty but you don't need a scout to identify a player who is bound to be known to the manager.

I wanna know if anyone had actually seen N'Dombele run (in person, not highlight reels) before signing him. On the ball he's exquisite I know but how could you ever sign him for a predominantly pressing team, which was our modus operandi under Poch.
I dont watch much foreign football but it took a 5 minute search on google to see he had attitude problems in the past. For that sort of investment you would have thought that would have set alarm bells ringing. Its just incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom