Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters
Negotiating a transfer deal normally mean we are willing to match what the player and club wants within our budget, if there is competition who have higher prestige than us and are willing to pay more money then it's never easy - in our case a few of those times the players we highlighted had better offers, not much we can do about that...the other times we simply didn't want to pay what the club/player wanted - again can't point the finger at Hitchen for that.

Hitchen can only work with the tools he was given, he was bought into the club in a period where we didn't want to spend money because of the stadium so his remit was to look for deals which benefit the club from a financial perspective, it's only since 2019 when we broke our TR on Ndombele early in the window where he had free reign because we had money to spend.
not arguing the points you make, just that some of the transfers in his time have been shocking, and part of the blame has to sit with him. Other clubs with a more limited budget have had more success than us. I know it's in part to luck

not arguing the points you make, just that some of the transfers in his time have been shocking, and part of the blame has to sit with him. Other clubs with a more limited budget have had more success than us. I know it's in part to luck

Yeah look I'm not saying he's blameless, I mean recruitment falls on his head as that's his department, I get that...I'm just bringing a counter balance to the argument of people saying he's useless and base their opinions in a period of austerity where the board chose to cut back on spend, there's many factors to consider as to why our recruitment has been mish mash and it doesn't all fall on Hitchen.

I'm thinking Pochettino was pretty stubborn also and wanting to be involved in recruiting, with a pretty lousy ability to pick out a talent.

Even Levy has started hitting the weights

Cardio first

dwarf GIF

Here's something that will surprise you, he's actually highly thought of in the club, his network is generally very good, it not his fault that Levy refused to take his 1st choice targets.

Seems our fanbase have really weird energy towards Hitchen and use that 5 second clip of him saying he hates Jan transfer window and take it massively out of context in order to blame him for our recruitment, can't blame him if the chairman repeatedly changes his vision/managers and blocks transfer targets.

Anyway Paratici is in now to aid recruitment and with Hitchin's knowledge and contacts we are much better for it.
Hi Steve. Are you allowed to bring your own ketchup into the training ground?

:troll:

Fuck him off. He's a big reason why we're filled with dross now. Fucking cunt has been stealing a living and wasting people's hard earned money who invest in this great club on fucking shit like Doherty.

apparently he is off to Everton.

Dele right now...

:deledoubt:

ps. Listen, hitchen hated the transfer window, I mean he was head of recruitment wasn't he? doesn't make sense lol

What exactly is our transfer strategy under this guy? It seems over the previous several seasons we've gone for players with resale value like GLC and Bergwyn, now all of a sudden we're signing older players that have probably already peaked like Holjberg and Doherty from mid-table teams (arguably without resale value) who I don't think will make us any better than we already are.... whilst we let quality 'older' players like Allan and James R that are the complete package slip out of the radar.

Hitchen out!
Mate, you should be exceptionally proud of yourself. You single handedly managed to persuade Levy with this poll and thread to get rid of the useless Hitchen.

Levy is clearly a man of the people too :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom