Steve Perryman

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have just spent a delightful 2 hours dialing into a talk in on Zoom with Mr P, arranged by the Yorkshire Supporters' Club. It was put on to raise funds for the NHS. I was told about it by the Secretary of the Malta SC, who also dialled in.
I managed to get my hair under some sort of control and got some root cover up, and put makeup on for the first time in months, so I wouldn't scare everyone.
My question to him was, had he ever met the guy who jumped out of the crowd at the '81 Cup Final, just after he picked up the Cup. He did meet him at an anniversary do, and he was OK with it, he recognised that it was natural exuberance and I remarked that we all probably would have done the same, given the opportunity.
He does waffle a bit (bless him), but the two hours just flew by and I can now say that Stevie P has seen my bedroom 🤭
Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor - this is for you.
He finished off with a funny story about Nutter (the original one!), that's what he called him.
When the team were in the USA (he couldn't remember if it was Florida or LA), some of them wanted to go to Disneyland. Once there, they were walking around, and Steve turned round to see Nutter rolling around on the ground, with Chip 'n Dale! Apparently the guys in the costumes were great with the kids, but would slap any dad nearby. Nutter just told them, if they did it to him, he would dish it out double. Sure enough, next thing punches were flying, with Nutter coming out on top. As Steve said, good job it was in the days before social media, can you imagine what the media would do with that!

Have I ever mentioned that I love him 😍🥰😘

JJS4Xi6.jpg
You can always tell a pre-September '71 photo, by the fact that the Park Lane hasn't been pushed back in the middle yet. Looks like Palace are the opponents.

I have just spent a delightful 2 hours dialing into a talk in on Zoom with Mr P, arranged by the Yorkshire Supporters' Club. It was put on to raise funds for the NHS. I was told about it by the Secretary of the Malta SC, who also dialled in.
I managed to get my hair under some sort of control and got some root cover up, and put makeup on for the first time in months, so I wouldn't scare everyone.
My question to him was, had he ever met the guy who jumped out of the crowd at the '81 Cup Final, just after he picked up the Cup. He did meet him at an anniversary do, and he was OK with it, he recognised that it was natural exuberance and I remarked that we all probably would have done the same, given the opportunity.
He does waffle a bit (bless him), but the two hours just flew by and I can now say that Stevie P has seen my bedroom 🤭
He finished off with a funny story about Nutter (the original one!), that's what he called him.
When the team were in the USA (he couldn't remember if it was Florida or LA), some of them wanted to go to Disneyland. Once there, they were walking around, and Steve turned round to see Nutter rolling around on the ground, with Chip 'n Dale! Apparently the guys in the costumes were great with the kids, but would slap any dad nearby. Nutter just told them, if they did it to him, he would dish it out double. Sure enough, next thing punches were flying, with Nutter coming out on top. As Steve said, good job it was in the days before social media, can you imagine what the media would do with that!

I have only just seen this.
Well done Mrs P for having a chat with your true love.
And thanks for sharing that Nutter story.Brilliant,absolutly brilliant :)

I have only just seen this.
Well done Mrs P for having a chat with your true love.
And thanks for sharing that Nutter story.Brilliant,absolutly brilliant :)
Being a well brought up girl, I went on the Yorkshire Spurs website to say thank you for arranging. Not only did the guy who replied to my email have a Malta connection, we had actually spoken to each other in the Spurs shop at the Stevie book signing. Talk about a small world.

Well done Mrs P

I remember Stevie P speaking at Bill Nick's funeral service at The Lane. Very emotional. Him and John Pratt were 2 of my favourite players
Funnily enough I was just looking at some old photos yesterday, and I found the ones I took at the memorial. I was so proud of the Club that day, it was a lovely service pitched just right. All of the speakers did a great job in paying their respects. Steve always spoke so highly of Billy Nick and his influence on him.

The '81 and '82 finals were on over the weekend. That was a season that was so close, yet so far. We were completely shattered come the final v QPR. It simply wouldn't be allowed now.

Can you please elaborate on the bedroom part Mrs.P ? 😂

Back
Top Bottom