Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I've seen of him he is young and talented but not really at all like the bloke from Sociedad. He is another wide forward but like the anti Lucas Moura he cant score at all and always looks to pass. He ironically would have been very good with a fit Harry Kane. He has pace and is direct, can pick a pass too. Have him as a squad option for sure but for the money being talked about I'd ask Watford for Sarr in the summer. He is not a center forward or Centre defensive midfielder so not a priority. IMHO

From what I've seen of him he is young and talented but not really at all like the bloke from Sociedad. He is another wide forward but like the anti Lucas Moura he cant score at all and always looks to pass. He ironically would have been very good with a fit Harry Kane. He has pace and is direct, can pick a pass too. Have him as a squad option for sure but for the money being talked about I'd ask Watford for Sarr in the summer. He is not a center forward or Centre defensive midfielder so not a priority. IMHO
Maybe we should trust the judgement of Jose and the club if this deal is happening

This story has spread like wildfire, I get the versatility aspect, but we already have Son and Moura.

He isn't a striker.

He's a huge upgrade on Lucas and if anything, allows us to play Son up top without sacrificing wing play when Kane is out injured.

Usually when playing Son up top we lose the aspect of a Son out wide. So signing Bergwijn allows for that. And it's probably why we are always linked with wide forwards every single window (Zaha, Plea, Bergwijn etc)

I think it'd be a good signing. It strengthens out squad. But we do need a striker aswell. Hopefully WJ or Piatek sign.

Back
Top Bottom