Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not only he is better technically and physically than Lucas, but he is also a very intelligent player. And to play on the same corridor as Aruier this is absolutely need. Today we saw an example. Aurier was in the middle of the defensive area, leaving a free player behind his back. Bergwijn was there. Tracking back and making the interception.

First team player.

Was thoroughly impressed by that at the time... Likely goal and late push averted there.

Better technically and physically than Lucas, but there's more: he is also a very intelligent player. And to play on the same corridor as Aruier this is absolutely need. Today we saw an example. Aurier was in the middle of the defensive area, leaving a free player behind his back. Bergwijn was there. Tracking back and making the interception.

First team player.
I'm not sure he's better technically than Lucas, Lucas' technical skill has always impressed me. He's certainly a better passer and reader of the game than Lucas.

I fancy Lucas' finishing ability over Bergjwin's as well.

He's certainly an awesome player and I'd have him ahead of Lucas on my team sheet as well.

I'm not sure he's better technically than Lucas, Lucas' technical skill has always impressed me. He's certainly a better passer and reader of the game than Lucas.

I fancy Lucas' finishing ability over Bergjwin's as well.

He's certainly an awesome player and I'd have him ahead of Lucas on my team sheet as well.
Lucas is very good technically, I agree; didn't mean to disrespect him. I just think Bergwijn is even better technically, while he also brings other qualities to the team.

I'd pick Bergwijn over Moura every time.

Moura works his socks off for sure, but I'm almost 100% certain once he has the ball, if he can't pass it off, his next default is to run at a player or a crowd of players to draw a foul. At one point against Woolwich, I saw him with a little bit of space to run straight up the line with the ball, but he glanced across and saw a Gooner. At that point he changed his direction towards the player and go fouled.

Considering not one player in our entire fucking squad could score from 100 direct free kicks in a row, he might as well just give the opponent the ball there and then.

Stevie must have one of the best goal/assist mins ratio at the club this season?
Beautiful cross yesterday reminded me of the cross that bentaleb did for Harry against the scum a few years ago.

Stevie must have one of the best goal/assist mins ratio at the club this season?
Beautiful cross yesterday reminded me of the cross that bentaleb did for Harry against the scum a few years ago.

Involved in a goal every 2.23 games.

Son - Every 1.11
Kane -Every - 1.38
Lamela - Every 1.66
Dele - Every 2.04
Lucas - Every 3.30

Last edited:
Stevie has put in some killer balls from out wide since he arrived.... Not just about his cross last night.

Son - Kane - Bergwijn just seems like the natural choice and a 433.

Hopefully it's something we look to transition to next season.

We were just really clinical against newcastle (433), but in terms of creating chances, we were bad through out whole game. it was actually just great individual plays that created two goals.

I personally like 442 better. I thought we had best game against Woolwich, creating a lot of chances and looked very dangerous offensively. if we had been more clinical in that game, we would've scored more IMO.

We were just really clinical against newcastle (433), but in terms of creating chances, we were bad through out whole game. it was actually just great individual plays that created two goals.

I personally like 442 better. I thought we had best game against Woolwich, creating a lot of chances and looked very dangerous offensively. if we had been more clinical in that game, we would've scored more IMO.
9 shots
5 on target
3 goals

I wouldn't say we were bad at creating chances. Son pulled a worldy out of their keeper too so could easily have been 4 goals out of 5 shots.

Back
Top Bottom