Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Mou prefers Lucas because he's a sick bastard but Bergwijn should feature very heavily regardless. A ton of matches to be played so I expect to see him a fair amount, but he's way too good to sit on the bench in the league.

I know Mou prefers Lucas because he's a sick bastard but Bergwijn should feature very heavily regardless. A ton of matches to be played so I expect to see him a fair amount, but he's way too good to sit on the bench in the league.

He's a player with a much higher ceiling than Lucas. Should definitely feature a lot more this year.

Moura is 28 he's signed a contract until 2024 which means we can sell him at now or at 29 or 30 and still make good money - Bergwijn is 22 contracted until 2025 it's a sure fire bet we will renew and extend that every year.

The seemingly obvious progression is for Bergwijn to replace Moura, whether that's now or in one of the next five transfer windows who knows - I guess it just depends on what DL thinks is a good offer and just how highly Mourinho rates the rest of the squad.

Having to many good players is certainly better than not having enough.

Bergwijn to come good with a pre season and be top quality.
But we should have gone balls deep for that Champo QPR fella that only Palace were bothered by

They can both play in the same attack. Eze will do well in the PL and I wouldn't be surprised if we show interest in him a few years down the road

Puts up impressive numbers.

Sancho is the real deal, him and Sterling supporting Kane, if all fit and on form is the worlds best front 3 IMO (not that I know the others!). No wonder we're favourites for next summer (though our back 8 is nothing like as good as countless others, will become apparent yet again!)

Bergwijn to come good with a pre season and be top quality.
But we should have gone balls deep for that Champo QPR fella that only Palace were bothered by
Why did you have to spoil such a positive thought with the unnecessary 2nd half of the post?
I too think Stevie is going to have an outstanding year (and hope Eze has an absolute shitter of a season).

Puts up impressive numbers.

Only seen Sancho play live once (wonder where that was 😉) and I wasn't impressed at all. I don't particularly like stats but those figures can't be lying? Wow.

I do think (hope, pray) Stevie B is going to have a belter of a year for us though.

Really think he has potential. Only issue I have with him is that he does an anonymous man impression often and goes missing in games. I want to see him demand the ball more this season.
I really think he has the skills to play as a number 10. If Ndombele doesn't come good then Stevie can play the number 10. He has the ability to see a pass and his weight of pass is superb, especially when playing through balls. Also scores goals either by shifting the ball and shooting or arriving on the box like he did for Netherlands today.

Could turn out to be one of these under the radar signings that really comes good.

Really think he has potential. Only issue I have with him is that he does an anonymous man impression often and goes missing in games. I want to see him demand the ball more this season.
I really think he has the skills to play as a number 10. If Ndombele doesn't come good then Stevie can play the number 10. He has the ability to see a pass and his weight of pass is superb, especially when playing through balls. Also scores goals either by shifting the ball and shooting or arriving on the box like he did for Netherlands today.

Could turn out to be one of these under the radar signings that really comes good.
I've definitely seen him more in the wide forward rôle up to now. But I'd love an option to Dele / Christian in the 10 position. If he could add assists and through balls to our attack he could make himself invaluable to us.

I've definitely seen him more in the wide forward rôle up to now. But I'd love an option to Dele / Christian in the 10 position. If he could add assists and through balls to our attack he could make himself invaluable to us.
As I said above. I think through balls are his greatest strength. Watch a highlights reel and see his weight of pass.
He is versatile which is good for us. I posted in the Doherty thread yesterday. Doherty plays out wide on the touch line all the time, the inside ride channel is wide open for Lucas or Bergwijn to operate in. If Bergwijn can float between this channel and the number 10 he can feed overlapping runs to Doherty or slip in Kane/Son.

Back
Top Bottom