Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s only one change in the Dutch starting line-up from Friday. Goalscorer Steven Bergwijn drops to the bench and new Manchester United recruit Donny van de Beek comes in to central midfield. Gini Wijnaldum will take up an advanced role on the right flank.

There’s only one change in the Dutch starting line-up from Friday. Goalscorer Steven Bergwijn drops to the bench and new Manchester United recruit Donny van de Beek comes in to central midfield. Gini Wijnaldum will take up an advanced role on the right flank.
I'll be watching the match anyway, though it would be better with Bergwijn on the pitch.

But it's good news for us - I really hope some of the other players are rested as well.

Good.
Stevie's got some minutes under his belt & scored a goal in the previous game. The last thing we need is an injury from these Mickey Mouse games.

Unsurprisingly Netherlands can't do it without him and put our Stevie B on before hour mark.

Come on, Bergwijn, go smash the macaroonies 💪

EDIT : But looking how Ned defense does not get any help form midfield then seems most likely that they would concede

EDIT vol2 : very poor choice from coach to take van de Beek off. He was one finding vertical passes. F de Jong was absolute passenger and Ned attacks lacked logic after DvB was subbed off

Last edited:
I'll be watching the match anyway, though it would be better with Bergwijn on the pitch.

But it's good news for us - I really hope some of the other players are rested as well.

I'm glad he's on the bench because there's less chance of getting injured.

But being rested doesn't matter so much because he won't be playing against Everton anyway.

I'm glad he's on the bench because there's less chance of getting injured.

But being rested doesn't matter so much because he won't be playing against Everton anyway.
It doesn´t really matter. We are playing many games in a very short period. Bergwijn will be one of the players having plenty of minutes.

From the docu Stevie looks like a proper down to earth lad - hope he makes a real impact for us. When he said ‘this is the kind of game I used to play on PlayStation few weeks ago’ made me really chuckle

:mourlmao:eek:mg that was too funny. Yeah Stevie was shatting himself all the way but so was Japh, even worse than Stevie I'd say!!!
If that experience doesn't build some cojones for the players then nothing will. Amazing
I can't imagine its going to a popular choice on the players publicity duties. "OK, Hugo can you surprise a tour group on the stadium tour, lucks, you are on school tour duty, Japhet you get to surprise a skywalk group by be waiting for them when they reach the top"

Back
Top Bottom