Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said above. I think through balls are his greatest strength. Watch a highlights reel and see his weight of pass.
He is versatile which is good for us. I posted in the Doherty thread yesterday. Doherty plays out wide on the touch line all the time, the inside ride channel is wide open for Lucas or Bergwijn to operate in. If Bergwijn can float between this channel and the number 10 he can feed overlapping runs to Doherty or slip in Kane/Son.
Not a fan of highlights reels, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of our Stevie this season.

Not a fan of highlights reels, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of our Stevie this season.
I'm not either. But a highlight reel is good to see if a particular attribute is a fluke or not. If he can put through balls in over and over again then that's a reliable skill.

Alternatively, just take my word for it. Haha

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he seems like he could be a bit of a Chadli.

You say that like it's a bad thing? Chadli put up very good supporting goal and assist numbers in that breakout Pochettino season. His major downfall was that he would only contribute in very small bursts and be anonymous most of the rest of the time. Steven looks much livelier in the general build up play and much busier defensively from what I've seen so far.

Plus he's younger and undoubtedly has a higher ceiling. Wouldn't be so quick to overlook this guy if I were you.

You say that like it's a bad thing? Chadli put up very good supporting goal and assist numbers in that breakout Pochettino season. His major downfall was that he would only contribute in very small bursts and be anonymous most of the rest of the time. Steven looks much livelier in the general build up play and much busier defensively from what I've seen so far.

Plus he's younger and undoubtedly has a higher ceiling. Wouldn't be so quick to overlook this guy if I were you.

What? You mean like saying I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Really high on Bergwijn. Watched the game last night and he's excellent at keeping possession, has good vision and passing technique. We've seen that he has excellent shooting technique.

My fault with him is the energy he displays during games. During the 19/20 season I put it down to adjustment with the pace of a new league and the volume of games, and I noticed it again last night (maybe we can put it down to pre season. I just think he looks a little bit flat at times, physically, and doesn't make as many sprints (and walks a lot more) than I'd like to see from a wide player. Often takes a safe pass instead of taking on a defender/getting a shot away. Maybe a little too bulky in his upper body?

Again, I think he has great quality and can't fault him for the defensive shift he puts in, I'd just like to see him move energetically for a larger portion of the game and take some more chances offensively.

:mourlmao:eek:mg that was too funny. Yeah Stevie was shatting himself all the way but so was Japh, even worse than Stevie I'd say!!!
If that experience doesn't build some cojones for the players then nothing will. Amazing
this has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. It seems wrong to laugh at them tho because there's no way on God's earth I would do it. Total respect to those who did it even tho they didn't want to. They seem like a great bunch of blokes. COYS

Back
Top Bottom