Steveomgage & other pre-season friendlies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope it is the last time that JJ and JL play as our 2 CM because it's feels like we playing 4-0-3-1 with 2 cones in the middle. they are just awful. in case modric saga won't finish till the first game of the season, he has to play as our playmaker.

EssexYid said:
Abbey Yid said:
EDIT: Also, relax. It's just a friendly.

I think it's fine saying that in the middle of July when they've just come back for training. We're now just over a week away from the first game of the season.
Still no reason to panic, we're not going to stick 110% into this game and get ourselves injured for the start of the season. It's still about fitness and the players gaining familiarity with the system and each other, but having experience of doing so against a team on a par with those we'll be playing in the opening few weeks.

Here we gooooooooooooo, 2nd half.

Oh, and I have to say, pretty impressed with the Spurs Online quality... a bit 'streamy' but no worse than many free-to-air sites...
My only gripe; Stewart Robson co-commentator... on Spurs Online... an ex-gooner... REALLY?

Wouldn't expect David Howells to be asked to co-commentate on GoonerwankTV or whatever they fucking broadcast!

Abbey Yid said:
EssexYid said:
Abbey Yid said:
EDIT: Also, relax. It's just a friendly.

I think it's fine saying that in the middle of July when they've just come back for training. We're now just over a week away from the first game of the season.
Still no reason to panic, we're not going to stick 110% into this game and get ourselves injured for the start of the season. It's still about fitness and the players gaining familiarity with the system and each other, but having experience of doing so against a team on a par with those we'll be playing in the opening few weeks.

I don't feel I'm panicking personally, although you make think different. My problem is I am envisaging us going up to St James Park with Livermore and Jenas as centre midfielders and Defoe on his own up front, and it worries me big time. We shouldn't be in this position with a week to go.

Back
Top Bottom