StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't get the anger. Sure, understand the "moral" point around it (dependent on your politics and views on free market economies) but anyone who wants a ticket can get one off the official site surely? Norwich and Swansea went to general sale so no members have missed out? Surely the only people buying off StubHub will be Johnny Tourist who previously bought one off a dodgy Russian internet site or off the shady old boy in the leather bomber jacket outside William Hill? Season ticket holder gets their money back that they didn't on the old exchange.

What am I missing?

I don't get the anger. Sure, understand the "moral" point around it (dependent on your politics and views on free market economies) but anyone who wants a ticket can get one off the official site surely? Norwich and Swansea went to general sale so no members have missed out? Surely the only people buying off StubHub will be Johnny Tourist who previously bought one off a dodgy Russian internet site or off the shady old boy in the leather bomber jacket outside William Hill? Season ticket holder gets their money back that they didn't on the old exchange.

What am I missing?
What about the big games though?

I think the real point is that, after years of being warned against buying tickets off of touts and being told that the club is clamping down on ticket touting, not only is it now legal but the club are actively promoting it. Hypocrisy innit

What about the big games though?

I think the real point is that, after years of being warned against buying tickets off of touts and being told that the club is clamping down on ticket touting, not only is it now legal but the club are actively promoting it. Hypocrisy innit

Yeh - I get that bit of it - but why were the club anti touting - suspect a combination of it being illegal and them not getting a cut of the pie. They've obviously got around the legal aspect with the Old Bill (and all the others who use Viagogo and Stubhub) and they're getting a cut that they previously sliced off of season ticket holders. Big games might be different but off the top of my head, all but the Goons went general sale last year so every member still gets a ticket if they want one? Can't imagine that the Old Bill will let them use Stubhub for the Goon game anyway. Security risk innit? Suppose we'll wait and see.

Still think it's a storm in a teacup. Much more anger should be aimed at ticket prices in general. Pricing out a generation of fans. Even League 2 clubs now charging £25 to stand up. Insane.

I just looked at the prices for the Swansea game on Stub Hub.

I'm not sure if my eyes are going but there's a ticket for 'Lower East Sideline, row 9' going for £1,000 - the most expensive ticket listed :dempsey:

my mate text me yesterday asking for my postcode so he can register our tickets for stubhub seeing as I'm out of the country and he occasionally has to miss games. I then proceeded to rant at him non stop until he yielded and decided not to sign up in the end!

This season, in place of the ticket exchange system that was previously operated by the Club, we have entered into an agreement with StubHub to manage this service to fans.

So far, we have opened up the StubHub service for the first three Premier League home matches.

Tickets for the matches against Swansea City, Norwich City and Chelsea were sold out after reaching General Sale status, meaning that ALL One Hotspur Members that wanted to purchase a ticket had been able to do so directly from the Club at face value.

Only at this point did the StubHub service become ‘live’ and enabled those Season Ticket Holders not able to attend the game to make their tickets available to other fans.

The majority of tickets that have sold to date for the first two matches via StubHub have been sold around or below face value (plus StubHub admin fees) and tickets listed by Season Ticket Holders at greatly inflated prices have not sold.

We should like to thank those Season Ticket Holders who have listed their tickets at sensible pricing levels and would once again ask for pricing to stay at sensible levels when listing them for sale due to being unable to attend a match.

As with all supporter related activity, we have and will continue to monitor activity on the StubHub platform.

Share this story

Has anyone else seen the ST Holder in Block 30, Row 9 who has put their seat up for the Norwich match for £25K. They should have their season ticket taken off them.

Whoever that was, I don't think they were actually expecting it to be sold, but more likely was listed to demonstrate the stupidity of the system.

I always used exchange because I didn't know if i could attend games until close to the date; so it's was a very useful and ethical service. Now people listing things at ridiculous prices are just making everyone lose out.

Tickets for the matches against Swansea City, Norwich City and Chelsea were sold out after reaching General Sale status, meaning that ALL One Hotspur Members that wanted to purchase a ticket had been able to do so directly from the Club at face value.

I went on the ticketing site the day before it was members guest day. There were 2 tickets in the East upper showing as unsold, when I clicked on them it showed No Pricing Allocated or similar. Basically wouldn't let me buy them. And that was it, rest of the ground showing as sold out.
And I don't believe one supporter didn't try to buy them over the next 36 hours.

General sale bullshit, club lying through its teeth to justify their actions.
Really saying with all our members that Chelsea went to General Sale?
I would make a point of checking for each match and taking a screenshot if I thought it would make the slightest difference.

Whoever that was, I don't think they were actually expecting it to be sold, but more likely was listed to demonstrate the stupidity of the system.

The irony is that those inflated protest listings are the only ones being taken down by the club.

The club did fuck all about touting apart from a glossy articles in the the program.
I complained to the club about the same touts outside whl station and the old members building for the last 1/ years. They're werent interested.The same goes for CRN being given out to bump up people's loyalty points.

So if I understand this right it has replaced the old TicketExchange system however only season ticket holders can sell their tickets and only once the game is sold out. What about One Hotspur members who can no longer make the game? They have to resort to old fashioned touting then?

The idea of this is decent. Just the fact that you can overprice them by so much is bullshit. They shoukd only allow you to make face value of the ticket. If I cant make a game I would never want to hand over my season ticket to anyone because of the chance of it never coming back. Im suprised Spurs havnt done more than statements on the site saying "you might not sell if you overprice a ticket". No fucking shit.

Stub Hub are not concerned with Spurs in the slightest. They charge 15% to the seller and another 15% to the buyer, so even if you list your tickets at the printed value, these online touts are making a fair whack regardless.

So if I understand this right it has replaced the old TicketExchange system however only season ticket holders can sell their tickets and only once the game is sold out. What about One Hotspur members who can no longer make the game? They have to resort to old fashioned touting then?
Members couldn't list their tickets on Ticket Exchange before. But I have once or twice had the club refund me if I've given them a sob-story.

Members couldn't list their tickets on Ticket Exchange before. But I have once or twice had the club refund me if I've given them a sob-story.

Oh yes, actually I had an argument with the club about this as in their terms and conditions in one place it said members were able to and then in another that they couldn't. So they refund it.

Still over 100 left for Sunday. I'm hoping people will bite the bullet and sell at less than face value just to get some money back. We may yet see if Stubhub can work both ways..............

Back
Top Bottom