Student Football Documentary

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi, We are two American students studying film in London, and our final project this term is to make a short documentary. We decided to study football fandom in England. Specifically we thought it would be interesting to study the cultures of the Gunners and Spurs, seeing as that they are such fierce rivals. It would be nice to have face-to-face interviews with some fans to find out about their own story, to learn more the club's history and appeal to someone hoping to learn more about the sport, and just to chat about Spurs or Woolwich (on camera). I do consider myself a Spurs fan (NOT JUST BECAUSE WE SIGNED CLINT DEMPSEY, ABOUT WHICH I HAVE OPINIONS), but I haven't been able to get into the culture. We can be reached at [email protected], and are looking forward to meeting you.
Cheers, Sean & Jordon

Oh by the way, Woolwich fans have responded, so if you don't want to be interviewed, the world will think the nicer fanbase, and yids are a bunch of hipsters who are too cool for poor kids just tryin' to make ends meet.

the 'world' you say ? why didnt you let us know the whole wide world will be watching your documentary.
make a nice change from panorama telling half a story about us in 1977.

i cant be interviewed on camera for security reasons, however, if you cough up 2 tickets for spurs v woolwich, plus train tickets from devon plus 2 nights hotel [dorchester will do, im not fussy] and a west end show for the mrs, i'll do an off the record interview for you, oh, plus 10% of the world wide rights when film is released. will it be on netflix ? as i can get loads of free monthly trials on netflix.

Oh by the way, Woolwich fans have responded, so if you don't want to be interviewed, the world will think the nicer fanbase, and yids are a bunch of hipsters who are too cool for poor kids just tryin' to make ends meet.
This is probably not the best way to engender yourself to a bunch of Spurs fans you have never talked to before. I'll take a bet that you don't actually know what TFC is about or ever listened to the podcast.

You have not participated in this forum until this thread. You say you are a Spurs fan, yet you come out of the blue only to try to get what you need for your video. You don't get any responses within a short while so you try and employ a guilt trip by inviting us to prove to "the world" (i.e. your tutor) that we are swell fellows, while telling how what top chaps "the Gunners" have been. Why would a Spurs fan talk like that to other fans?

Furthermore, you seem to be asking peopleto do the work by emailing you. A better suggestion might be to grab your camera and head down to Tottenham on a match day to try and get some talking heads off of the street.

Never been one to care what the world thinks of me/Spurs, but if you are genuinely interested then come to Spurs vs NK Maribor on 8th November! Would be more than happy to meet up before hand, you'll find a very good range of fans there.

Think all the tickets are gone now, you could probably find the odd one on TicketExchange or Twitter but if you just want to interview fans then you don't necessarily need to go to the game; definitely soak up some pre-match atmosphere though.

This is probably not the best way to engender yourself to a bunch of Spurs fans you have never talked to before. I'll take a bet that you don't actually know what TFC is about or ever listened to the podcast.

You have not participated in this forum until this thread. You say you are a Spurs fan, yet you come out of the blue only to try to get what you need for your video. You don't get any responses within a short while so you try and employ a guilt trip by inviting us to prove to "the world" (i.e. your tutor) that we are swell fellows, while telling how what top chaps "the Gunners" have been. Why would a Spurs fan talk like that to other fans?

Furthermore, you seem to be asking peopleto do the work by emailing you. A better suggestion might be to grab your camera and head down to Tottenham on a match day to try and get some talking heads off of the street.

Okay look. I really am a Spurs fan, and have been for some time. I don't need to write on forums or listen to a podcast to prove that to anyone. As I said, I am from the States, so I don't have as much exposure to football -especially Spurs - as I would like. One of the reasons I was excited to study abroad here was the opportunity to meet some local fans and talk Spurs - this video is just a coincidence of that. I meant the past comment as a joke, and I'm sorry if that offended you. But it's true. Spurs fans have been giving us the cold shoulder while Gunners have been very enthusiastic to work with us. I do plan on going to match day and interviewing people on the street, for your information. So maybe it is not the best way to engender yourself to a newer fan who hasn't talked to anyone to troll the shit out of him.

Bricklayers Arms, Tottenham High Road on Thursday November 8th @ 6pm; would be a good place to start... I'm more than happy to tell you what you want to know... just ask, I'm all yours...

Most of the bullies at school ALSO happen to have supported ArseAnal... therefore, the dye was cast... I was Tottenham... OK, next question!

the reason the goons are happy to work with you is because they are all new to soccerball too. we, on the other hand, are cynical cunts cos its a life long thing for us.
peter cook was spurs, piers morgan is goons.

my initial offer still stands, dont be tight, this is your one chance in life for the palm d'or instead of the palm d'sticky.

In all seriousness, Arseanal sold their souls for money, now Arseanal is a bland arsehole of a club, catering for the middle/upper class football fans, their proper fans are left frustrated after losing any atmosphere they had at Highbury.
Spurs have a great mixture of people and cultures and still carry a massive following away and Europe. We are proud of our fans and players on the pitch (though not all the players in the 2000s)

Think Smoked Salmon is being a little too aggressive here. We like to protect the forum from chancers but this seemed genuine to me. Like others have said, we've got a big meet up happening at the Maribor game so I'd head down there if I were you (though get there a little early before people are already cunted) I imagine you can still buy tickets for the game, just not sat in the same place as the 1882 gang.

What? Lil ol' me?

Never troll, never contentious and never aggressive. :adestare:

Even my shits are holier than Jesus.

Nicolas-Sarkozy-laughing.gif

Back
Top Bottom