Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Madrid locals and probably more pertinently Ronaldo wouldn't stand for GB coming in at a higher price.
B4BNonk.gif

You think Levy is going to cut them a discount just because Ronaldo might get butt-hurt?

edit: that should affect Madrid's valuation, not ours.

But you just... :avbcringe:

ah, fuck it, nevermind.

Look. You have to realise how much power Ronaldo has there. He did for Moureenio and is considered a deity. There is no way Madrid will pay more for Bale than they did for Ronaldo.

I'm going slow here but let me know if you want me to go slower.

I realise that. But be honest. Do you honestly think Bale is better than Ronaldo? The Madrid locals and probably more pertinently Ronaldo wouldn't stand for GB coming in at a higher price.

I do think that cash up front could be a sticking point but I doubt they would have (if they have) drafted the bid if they didn't have the cash up front.

I pray he stays but if this deal suits Levy then he's gone.

You can't compare what Ronaldo went for 4 (?) seasons ago to today's transfer prices. Since then revenue for the big clubs has gone up, Man City, PSG, Monaco, Anzi and others have started splashing around obsene amounts of cash in addition to the other big spenders and the result of this is that the prices for the top players is much higher than it used to be.

How much would a Ronaldo of 4 years ago fetch today? More than the £80M he went for back then, that's the answer.

You can't compare what Ronaldo went for 4 (?) seasons ago to today's transfer prices. Since then revenue for the big clubs has gone up, Man City, PSG, Monaco, Anzi and others have started splashing around obsene amounts of cash in addition to the other big spenders and the result of this is that the prices for the top players is much higher than it used to be.

How much would a Ronaldo of 4 years ago fetch today? More than the £80M he went for back then, that's the answer.

Nah. I doubt it. The money isn't there anymore. I would be surprised if we ever see a 100m player in our life time. The money goes elsewhere now. Wages, image rights etc. how can you make back 100m over 4 years of a contract plus what, 30m in wages? On one player even if you win the cl 3times in that period. It's just not viable.

I realise that. But be honest. Do you honestly think Bale is better than Ronaldo? The Madrid locals and probably more pertinently Ronaldo wouldn't stand for GB coming in at a higher price.

I do think that cash up front could be a sticking point but I doubt they would have (if they have) drafted the bid if they didn't have the cash up front.

I pray he stays but if this deal suits Levy then he's gone.

No, I don't think Bale's better, but it's not a matter of comparison. It's a matter of what we value him at, and there's no way that offer even with Coentrao is close. And our last deal with Madrid still hasn't been paid off, so there isn't necessarily reason to believe they have more than twice the aforementioned deal sitting around ready to be spent on one player.

And our last deal with Madrid still hasn't been paid off, so there isn't necessarily reason to believe they have more than twice the aforementioned deal sitting around ready to be spent on one player.
For fuck's sake, I'm getting tired of hearing about this. Complete non-story.

Of course they still owe us money. It's called add-on fees, and they probably haven't been triggered yet.

We probably still owe Ajax a boat-load in add-ons for Verts as well, doesn't mean we can't do business with them for Eriksen.

Nah. I doubt it. The money isn't there anymore. I would be surprised if we ever see a 100m player in our life time. The money goes elsewhere now. Wages, image rights etc. how can you make back 100m over 4 years of a contract plus what, 30m in wages? On one player even if you win the cl 3times in that period. It's just not viable.

it wasn't viable when they paid it 4 years ago, Perez doesn't give a feck about all that he's just a bigtime charlie twat throwing around other peoples money by the boatload

fuck them, Bales staying and they can do one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom