Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol - at the predictable barrage of childish neg reps from the sad, pathetic OG twitter mongs. Their twitter friend is gone!

NGtkjln.gif

Given how we have improved during this window, I wouldn't have thought AVB would consider relying on Fryers at any point this season...though the next few hours may prove me wrong!

Is it that bad that we are integrating a 20 year old as our backup LB? If we bring in someone that is better than Rose, Rose will leave. This will put us into the same situation we are in now. The options are: keep BAE, bring in Balz, or another older LB who is fine being second choice, buy a much better LB (Coentrao, Shaw, or Baines), or keep Rose and integrate Fryers as number 2. I vote for the last one. I'd rather have Fryers getting minutes with the first team than a loany or buying a older LB just to keep as number 2 and stopping Fryer's progression. I'd rather spend the money, if we have it, to get a CAM/LW/ST instead of another LB.

Is it that bad that we are integrating a 20 year old as our backup LB? If we bring in someone that is better than Rose, Rose will leave. This will put us into the same situation we are in now. The options are: keep BAE, bring in Balz, or another older LB who is fine being second choice, buy a much better LB (Coentrao, Shaw, or Baines), or keep Rose and integrate Fryers as number 2. I vote for the last one. I'd rather have Fryers getting minutes with the first team than a loany or buying a older LB just to keep as number 2 and stopping Fryer's progression. I'd rather spend the money, if we have it, to get a CAM/LW/ST instead of another LB.

I know he prefers playing CB but if we need him to, Vertonghen will play LB.

It's gone really quiet on Ozil lately - please let there be some Willian-like complications. Ooooh, how we laughed at first . . .

I know he prefers playing CB but if we need him to, Vertonghen will play LB.

As you said, he prefers CB and is a much better CB than LB. I'd rather stick with Fryers in cup games and Europa. If Rose does get injuried, i expect to see Vertonghen at LB against top quality teams, but other than that i don't expect to see him playing LB often.

Nah, Lamela's the real deal... Chadli looks like being Dumitrescu MkII if he's not careful!
(still gonna give ALL of them the benefit of the doubt though... whoah, thass big of me innit?!)

Lads its now or never, I'm going for my final 3 dog walks of the transfer window
if the gooners sign Ozil whilst you are out, Im going to track you down and take a lump hammer to your toes. and then feed the mangled remains to your dogs. and then wait for the dogs to crap them out. then take a lump hammer to them again. then feed them to you.

Can't see Townsend going at all...
Maybe Ade might if only 'cos of his wages (and if Ba really IS a genuine option)
Ekotto is probably the only one I can see leaving, but mainly 'cos he's somehow fallen behind Rose in the pecking order!
Siggy/Lennon must surely be kept, for depth of squad in Europe/Cups, if nothing else???

ITK me, innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom