Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how many times Vert played LB last season? Wouldn't be surprised to see him there against more physical teams with Daws/Kab/Vlad filling in centrally

Definitely twice. He was used against Carroll, i remember that. This was a tactic used by AVB, wouldn't be surprised to see it again, only change might be Kaboul at RB and Vertonghen at LB with Dawson and Vlad in the middle.

Am I the only one who wants to see how the players we've got do before getting any new ones?

I mean when you think holtby, townsend and rose barely played last season, thats 10 new players, to which 8 of them are competing amost eachother for 6 positions. Its a stupid number

Fryers didn't impress me on his recent outing against Tbisili, I wouldn't be comfortable relying on him should something happen to Rose.

Nor do I want to see Vertonghen at LB.

Missed most of the game, so I can't say. But Fryers did start (iirc) against Tbilisi, Monaco, and Esponyol. He seems to be favored by AVB among the youth defenders.

Am I the only one who wants to see how the players we've got do before getting any new ones?

I mean when you think holtby, townsend and rose barely played last season, thats 10 new players, to which 8 of them are competing amost eachother for 6 positions. Its a stupid number

It's a matter of addressing areas of need. I'd still prefer we brought in one more winger/striker, but I won't lose sleep over it if we don't.

It's a matter of addressing areas of need. I'd still prefer we brought in one more winger/striker, but I won't lose sleep over it if we don't.

I guess, If ade left would be good to see a striker.

Still, I feel like 20 million for a left back seems a tad bit excessive, danny rose aint that bad.

I guess, If ade left would be good to see a striker.

Still, I feel like 20 million for a left back seems a tad bit excessive, danny rose aint that bad.

Oh I completely agree on the LB situation. Rose would be gone for sure if we brought Coentrao in. I'd much rather the supposed loan deal for Balzaretti from Roma if that still holds any possibility. The striker isn't so imperative as much as a left winger. I'm not saying Chadli's bad, but he doesn't have genuine cover. I'd also like to see us take the "German offer" for Siggy.

Benny was told to find a new club before the Asia trophy, looks like he couldn't and Harry has come to the rescue

Arcy, usually I agree with you but Benny deserves a bit more respect. One of our longest serving players and he certainly is not championship level. He could easily fill a LB position in any club bar the top 4 (Except Everton) within the PL.
Mate - why do you think not a single (even lower ranking) PL club came in for him? Sorry, I think he a liability and massively overrated due to his activity on tweeter and general swagger

I think that when Benny says LOL he meants Lots Of Love and not Laughing Out Loud.

I could be wrong, but if not he is laughing at the wrong time a lot.

He's hilarious and probably a lovey guy ... But I just get the impression he doesn't take his profession seriously ...

He probably "LOLs" after anything the manager says! :bae:
His perceived character / personna aside - at the end of the day we have to trust in the team AVB is trying to build - and if a player like him, Hudd and Parker are deemed surplus - I would trust the manager and accept his call

I feel really sorry for BAE. I guess he must have been frozen out of AVBs plans due to the very obvious personality clash between the two individuals. I think he's much more able defensively than Rose, who seems to me a more able left mid than left back. Too good to playing in the Championship IMO and i'm surprised he wasn't able at least to find a loan move to Ligue 1. Natural left backs are always in demand.

Missed most of the game, so I can't say. But Fryers did start (iirc) against Tbilisi, Monaco, and Esponyol. He seems to be favored by AVB among the youth defenders.

Given how we have improved during this window, I wouldn't have thought AVB would consider relying on Fryers at any point this season...though the next few hours may prove me wrong!

"It's so dark outside the West Brom training ground, I can't tell if Lukaku or Anichibe is here".

"They'll be dancing in the Black Country tonight"

Fucking racist SSN bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom