Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sust! 80% tongue-in-check. 20% Genuine hope! Thanks for (almost!) getting my name right and not using a condescending moniker, like Buddy, Mate, Son or worse. My beloved Spurs (of over 45 years) are important to
me and I,m always happy to be shouted down (in a smart informed way) but some on hear take themselves and
this debating site (pint, boozer, table, chairs, that's all debate) far to seriously!

Nice one Cahspur!

Ps, In true drum beating stylee. Just how many would not exchange, Lennon, Naughton, Dembele, Rose, Townsend, Chadli, and Kaboul for Lallana and Shaw?

COYS..XX
Ok, I think I have to apologize then :)

The thing is that I'm reading a lot in the German transfermarkt.de - forum and there are so many people without any football knowledge just transferring their FIFA14 Transfers including the fees to reality, which is just annoying...

The thing is that I'm reading a lot in the German transfermarkt.de - forum and there are so many people without any football knowledge just transferring their FIFA14 Transfers including the fees to reality, which is just annoying...

That's a damn shame, since that site is my go to for any information on any individual player or team. Fantastic site. But it's true, any mass forum is full of complete morons who have no appreciation for any opinions outside of mass media's shoveling.

Are you saying FIFA 14 agree with my valuations? Only messing. No apologies needed Bro. But appreciate the post.:adethumbup:

COYS!!

Not sure but e.g. for Dembélé I often get some offers about 10 mio. (which I never accept, Dembélé is awesome in FIFA :p).
But hey, I said this in a more transferential sense ;)

Another thing, who is watching the U21s regularly?
It would be quite interesting to hear which players might have the chance to get promoted to the first squad next season (like Bentaleb this year)?
I heard Lameiras would be playing really well for the U21s, Coulthirst played for the first team already as did Pritchard and McEvoy looks like Bale... Can anybody tell me more about them and about their chances to get some time in the first team?

Just to add to the Pirlo wank-fest

pirlo_234234234sfsasfd.png

Not sure but e.g. for Dembélé I often get some offers about 10 mio. (which I never accept, Dembélé is awesome in FIFA :p).
But hey, I said this in a more transferential sense ;)

Another thing, who is watching the U21s regularly?
It would be quite interesting to hear which players might have the chance to get promoted to the first squad next season (like Bentaleb this year)?
I heard Lameiras would be playing really well for the U21s, Coulthirst played for the first team already as did Pritchard and McEvoy looks like Bale... Can anybody tell me more about them and about their chances to get some time in the first team?

I would be surprised if we saw anyone else come through next year as we have with Bentaleb and Veljkovic to a degree. I'm hoping we'll keep Pritch as I think decent although limited minutes with the first team in league and cup games is more valuable experience now than playing a full season in the Championship (which would be his most likely destination next year) for a slight player.

Ps, In true drum beating stylee. Just how many would not exchange, Lennon, Naughton, Dembele, Rose, Townsend, Chadli, and Kaboul for Lallana and Shaw?

You're not kidding are you. 7 players for 2. I understand what your point is, but this is never going to happen.

Reading through this thread has me banging me head against this table I'm sitting at. If anybody thinks we have a chance at Lukaku, you're an idiot, plain and simple. In what world would Chelsea let us have a 21 year old tank of a striker with ridiculous potential? They wouldn't even let us sign Willian for 35 million ffs.

Then people are wanting to buy Jay Rodriguez who had one good season for Soton. I'm looking at his profile at whoscored.com and according to them he has no strengths and his weaknesses are crossing, passing, finishing, awareness and holding onto the ball. Granted he's not that bad but if he wasn't English I don't think we would be talking about him. Now I haven't even mentioned the fact that he has a torn ACL and won't be able to play until at least. That injury changes players. Look at what it has done to Stuart Holden for Bolton or Torres. I don't know about you guys, but I would never gamble 15 million on 24 year old player who has had one good season and is recovering from an ACL tear.

Then people are wanting to buy Jay Rodriguez who had one good season for Soton. I'm looking at his profile at whoscored.com and according to them he has no strengths and his weaknesses are crossing, passing, finishing, awareness and holding onto the ball. Granted he's not that bad but if he wasn't English I don't think we would be talking about him. Now I haven't even mentioned the fact that he has a torn ACL and won't be able to play until at least. That injury changes players. Look at what it has done to Stuart Holden for Bolton or Torres. I don't know about you guys, but I would never gamble 15 million on 24 year old player who has had one good season and is recovering from an ACL tear.

Well concerning me you're partially right. I indeed want Rodriguez because he's British, yes - on the one hand side. But he also adds some qualities we don't have at the moment. On the left wing he offers very good off the ball movement and - besides whoscoreds weird rating - a very good finishing, combined with a good pace and an above average technique.
And he could play as a striker aswell, as a completely different type of player.

Concerning the ACL, I don't see that as a major problem. For sure, he'll need some time to recover and won't get his former ability before november, december, but he only had one ACL. That's not nice, but there are many players that had an ACL and got back with the same ability like before. And besides the current one he's not known for being injury prone, so I personally don't worry that much. I mean I won't spend 15 million pounds for him but if he's available for ~10 million I'd take him.

Should we get Ashley Cole on a free transfer? While he is an ex scum and has played for Chelsea but would probably improve our left back as well as centre back situation. We can push Vertonghen back into the CB position, strengthening our defense. If he wants to stay in London, I don't see him going anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom