Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work with her, she was even our firms 11-a-side 'keeper for a while. She couldn't kick for shit and would get beat up high every time. Played for England though so she couldn't have been all that bad, really.

Not that it's relevant, or even all that important, but we were also sure she 'favours the flatter shoe'.

Ladies team needs more American breeding stock. If Levy wants that next level shit, best be signing some yanky pankies.

alex-morgan-si-swimsuit-2014-2.jpg

Dream signing? IMO the last thing our back line needs are more kids.

We need some leadership, experience and someone(s) cohesive. We had one of the youngest staring 11 averages in the league last season and we are being linked with a lot of young players in defense.

Young defenders with no/short prem careers let us down last season (Rose, Vlad, Naughton etc) and it seemed to impact players who have shown form like Jan and Walker who had more than a few wobbles.

IMO it's time for lev to lose some money on wages. The last time we did this we took a step forward with Davids etc. it took us over the hump of midtable to sniffing around 4th Europa and I think we need the same.

I know experience is important but I would class Verts, Chriches and Kaboul as experienced, Walker as well. With Rose and Naughton it's the talent level that's the problem, experience may improve them.

I watched Stones in many matches last season and he is the best young centre back I have seen for well as long as I can remember, the football brains of Terry combined with the speed and style of a young Ferdinand. Looked more impressive for his position than Barkley, Sterling or even Shaw last year, he already is ready but I would be shocked if Everton sell or if they don't draw out a stupid price for him.

Surely Stones would rather stay at Everton and play? The only reason we're being linked is because he's been playing, got his name about and it's easy (fake) journalism. Complete nothing story I think.

Don't mistake this for 'I don't want him' it's just not going to happen. And 'dream signing' really? Just like everyones a genius these days?

I know experience is important but I would class Verts, Chriches and Kaboul as experienced, Walker as well. With Rose and Naughton it's the talent level that's the problem, experience may improve them.

I watched Stones in many matches last season and he is the best young centre back I have seen for well as long as I can remember, the football brains of Terry combined with the speed and style of a young Ferdinand. Looked more impressive for his position than Barkley, Sterling or even Shaw last year, he already is ready but I would be shocked if Everton sell or if they don't draw out a stupid price for him.

I think walker and vlad are the ones we need to mature fast. I'm a huge fan of (fit) Kaboul but he and Jan can be wreckless too.

Stones has the benefit of a stalwarts like Distin and Baines that I think the walkers of the team need.

I never really follow other teams that closely so you def know more than me about him, but my opinion is usually rooted in history and trends. We have a young manager and I think he needs a few generals in the starting 11 to influence good habits.

I think walker and vlad are the ones we need to mature fast. I'm a huge fan of (fit) Kaboul but he and Jan can be wreckless too.

Stones has the benefit of a stalwarts like Distin and Baines that I think the walkers of the team need.

I never really follow other teams that closely so you def know more than me about him, but my opinion is usually rooted in history and trends. We have a young manager and I think he needs a few generals in the starting 11 to influence good habits.

Think last year Rose's go missing performances constantly unbalanced our defense, even a mature back line would struggle with his decision making, Verts didn't know whether he was coming or going with Rose's crazy play. That why experience or not a proper left back is so vital, I just want an operational back four this time and that means no Rose and no Naughton.

Experience is key I agree with you but I would be careful to mix that with leadership. The reason I like Stones is that he seems to have everything, he dominates the back line, is quick, powerful, good decision maker the lot, a natural leader I would not pass up the chance if we could get him (which I doubt we will) as he would sort out our defense for the next decade. Everton will not sell though unless a stupid Man City prices comes in so I think Lovren would be reasonable if we can get him. For me though Davies and Bony are the two we should throw everything at.

Think last year Rose's go missing performances constantly unbalanced our defense, even a mature back line would struggle with his decision making, Verts didn't know whether he was coming or going with Rose's crazy play. That why experience or not a proper left back is so vital, I just want an operational back four this time and that means no Rose and no Naughton.

Experience is key I agree with you but I would be careful to mix that with leadership. The reason I like Stones is that he seems to have everything, he dominates the back line, is quick, powerful, good decision maker the lot, a natural leader I would not pass up the chance if we could get him (which I doubt we will) as he would sort out our defense for the next decade. Everton will not sell though unless a stupid Man City prices comes in so I think Lovren would be reasonable if we can get him. For me though Davies and Bony are the two we should throw everything at.

i got bricks.
start throwing ?

Good question.

Also, If peoples surnames are based on their professions in the past, like smith for example.

Then was John stones dad a pebble by trade?

Did some research :freund:

Lloris - drove trucks
Walker - unemployed and restless
Rose - obviously a prick
Fryers - fast food entrepreneur
Townsend - rural messenger sent to town on the regular
Kane - legendary stick fighter
Soldado - not a pacifist

Rumor seems to be that Nastasic is on his way out of MCFC with them buying Mangala. He wouldn't be a bad option for us, still only 21 as well.

I would hope Roses defending days are behind him. I'm hoping we use him as a 3rd string winger rather than see him sleepwalk off the ball in defense.

Davies and Bony would be great. I don't have faith in Soldado due to his style. I think we need two left backs unless BAE can turn back the clock. I don't concider rose to be a defender period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom