Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formations:
4-1-2-1-2 (Diamond)
4-3-3
4-2-3-1

Keepers:
Lloris
A new signing

Left Backs:
Rose
A new signing
Centre Backs:
Vertonghen
Chiriches
Dawson
A new signing

Right Backs:
Walker
A new signing

Defensive Midfielders:
Sandro
Capoue

Central Midfielders:
Paulinho
Dembele
Bentaleb

Attacking Midfielders:
Eriksen
Holtby
Caroll

Right Wingers:
Lamela
A new signing

Left Wingers:
Townsend
Chadli

Strikers:
Soldado
Adebayor
A new signing

This is what i expect to see as a squad for next season, I don't know who will be coming in as that will be speculative at best.

Bought:
Keeper
Left Back
Right Back
Centre Back
Right Winger
Striker

Sold:
Gomes
Friedel
Naughton
Kaboul
Sigurdsson
Lennon

Loaned:
Veljkovic
Fredericks
Fryers
Kane

Interesting, wouldn't mind selling Soldado and Chadli if they are unable to improve beyond their current level particularly if we get a good deal for them, not sure about Kaboul more likley to retire if he knee doesn't mend, if not we will probably keep him as he is really good.

We have a bloated squad so we are in a position to sell 4-5 players easily and use whatever money we get (say £30 million) to re-invest in a top striker and maybe another defender and winger, apart from that we look pretty good IMO.

Wouldn't mind Benteke, but Wilfred Bony looks quite a striker, scoring almost every game for Swansea, gave us the run around when we played them, not that many strikers in our price range who are off top quality and proven in the Prem.

Wouldn't mind Benteke, but Wilfred Bony looks quite a striker, scoring almost every game for Swansea, gave us the run around when we played them, not that many strikers in our price range who are off top quality and proven in the Prem.
Chelsea will buy him then.

LvG is the answer to all of the above imo! I would like to think Levy is in touch with Van Gaal every so often, keeping him sweet. LvG in after The WC, that's The World Cup, not Levy standing inside a hotel washroom, outside the trap LvG is sitting in, then he emerges saying to Levy, "I,d give 5 minutes if I were you"! Not that WC! I digress. Van Gaal brings in his own team. Coaches, even medical staff. Plus with Gaal's CV, has players like Capoue, Vert, Lloris etc, will wanting to remain at the club (stating a club with ambition. TS dose not equate to ambition for me) and will be kept at the club. I would think Levy has made it clear to LvG, that after spending in excess of 100 mill that he would have to work with the talent (and we have talent) already at the club, with maybe only a couple of Van Gaal additions.

COYS!!

LvG is the answer to all of the above imo! I would like to think Levy is in touch with Van Gaal every so often, keeping him sweet. LvG in after The WC, that's The World Cup, not Levy standing inside a hotel washroom, outside the trap LvG is sitting in, then he emerges saying to Levy, "I,d give 5 minutes if I were you"! Not that WC! I digress. Van Gaal brings in his own team. Coaches, even medical staff. Plus with Gaal's CV, has players like Capoue, Vert, Lloris etc, will wanting to remain at the club (stating a club with ambition. TS dose not equate to ambition for me) and will be kept at the club. I would think Levy has made it clear to LvG, that after spending in excess of 100 mill that he would have to work with the talent (and we have talent) already at the club, with maybe only a couple of Van Gaal additions.

COYS!!

Would agree with that but for Levy and his ego, Van Gael is a Ferguson type manager, any decent director would had over the football decisions to him but Levy will probably interfer and after a year or two the relationship will probably break down. Thats my real concern, but Van Gael is an amazing coach, if we could get it to work it would certainly improve us.

This window will depend on two things:

1) Whether or not we place in CL (obviously)
2) Who replaces Timmy

If we do not finish top 4:
OUT- Lloris*, Jan*, BAE, Kaboul, Gomes*, Friedel*, Sandro, Paulinho**, Dembele**
IN- LB, CB, Striker, GK

If we finish top 4:
OUT- BAE, Sig, Kaboul, Gomes, Friedel, Chadli**
IN- LB, CB, GK, Striker, Playmaker, LW

*Sure things
** Depends on WC performance

This window will depend on two things:

1) Whether or not we place in CL (obviously)
2) Who replaces Timmy

Couldn't agree more.

If we do not finish top 4:
OUT- Lloris*, Jan*, BAE, Kaboul, Gomes*, Friedel*, Sandro, Paulinho**, Dembele**
IN- LB, CB, Striker, GK

I would venture that the only ones we would really risk losing would be Hugo and/or Jan if we don't get CL. We do need a backup GK so both can't go if we don't have one already in line. If Kaboul is healthy he should be getting more time, especially in place of Dawson, but if he isn't there's no way we'll be able to sell him. There may be some people looking at Sandro, but I don't think that he would be anxious to leave. Paulinho and Dembele may be of interest to some teams, but I don't think that they would be looked at from from a team on a higher level than us right now.

Couldn't agree more.

I would venture that the only ones we would really risk losing would be Hugo and/or Jan if we don't get CL. We do need a backup GK so both can't go if we don't have one already in line. If Kaboul is healthy he should be getting more time, especially in place of Dawson, but if he isn't there's no way we'll be able to sell him. There may be some people looking at Sandro, but I don't think that he would be anxious to leave. Paulinho and Dembele may be of interest to some teams, but I don't think that they would be looked at from from a team on a higher level than us right now.

I agree to a certain extent. I left Sandro without any additional mention because he is a talented player and may very easily become a target for CL team in a weaker league (ie. Napoli or Florentina) but is certainly not a sure thing for leaving. Kaboul, unfortunately, has experienced a long long time off the pitch...while its always best to stay optimistic, the truth is he most likely will never become a starter for this team..better to sell and replace than take the risk of horrific form or continued injuries.

Is it correct that Kabou's contract expires in June? If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just let go at the end of the season. I had high hopes for him, but I don't think he'll ever be a reliable, long-term option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom