Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could bid, negotiate terms, complete a medical and present Austin before Friday, pay £10m less and have 2 goal scoring strikers in our squad for Saturday.

If we didn't need a damn striker so bad, I'd love to just walk away and now have to deal with a player with what is going to be an absolutely shitty attitude. We've had enough situations like that in the past that it will be my own personal schadenfreude .

We can't afford to wait another 2 days to bid 25m - something needs to be done now. I wouldn't be surprised if Levy fucks them off and looks elsewhere. He has been made to look like a fool.
If those involved pulled their finger out, it could probably be sorted tonight.

Yet it never seems as simple as just giving them a fucking phone call.

If we take two days to 'deliberate' before going:

"£25m?"

"Okay then."

:levywtf:

It'll be incredibly annoying. And yet, if you play a game of brinksmanship over football transfers, you can bet that the next bid won't be made immediately so as to avoid looking desperate.
(Never mind that we clearly are to all outside observers)

We can't afford to wait another 2 days to bid 25m - something needs to be done now. I wouldn't be surprised if Levy fucks them off and looks elsewhere. He has been made to look like a fool.
He has been a fool.
We could bid, negotiate terms, complete a medical and present Austin before Friday, pay £10m less and have 2 goal scoring strikers in our squad for Saturday.
We should sign another striker because we need two new strikers. No question that it would improve our negotiating stance. But the truth is, if Poch wants Berahino, we should get Berahino. Football clubs sneeze 3 million pounds these days.

This is being handled ridiculously by West Brom. I get they want as much as possible but going public with everything is just poor.

Tbh I'd be inclined to look elsewhere if we have to shell out nearly £25 million for him. That's a ridiculous figure really for what he's achieved and there are definitely better players out there we could sign for that money.

Its around 35 million euros - Lyon would find it hard to turn that down for Lacazette. Could probably bring in Yarmolenko/Austin/Werner for that price too.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Berahino here and think he'd do great for us but it's getting a bit silly now and I hope we have other irons in the fire.

Who the fuck goes public with all this shit?

They sure are cunts.
I've got to kind of disagree. I think WBA is being disingenuous in this case, so I agree...fuck 'em. But it would be nice if clubs were a bit more open about the inner workings. I think a lot of the cloak and dagger stuff at top football clubs is unnecessary. Club management could be a lot more forthright with the supporters generally.

I still think Remy could do us a job. He is incredibly fast, knows where the goal is and would be half the price of Berahino. Granted Chelsea may not do business with us, but he's hardly gonna get sniff, especially as he is now 3rd choice to Costa and Falcao.

£25m is a lot for a player who still has a lot to prove. Granted if Poch wants him then we should support him. But I think we could get 2 very decent players for £25m.

PUBLISHED

15:00 24th August 2015

Club's position remains unchanged

WEST Bromwich Albion have received a written transfer request from Saido Berahino.

The request has been rejected and the club’s position remains unchanged from that outlined in the statement from Chairman Jeremy Peace of August 18.

There will be no further comment.

PUBLISHED

15:11 25th August 2015

Chairman - the sale of this player isn't on our agenda

West Bromwich Albion can today confirm the Club have rejected a second offer from Tottenham Hotspur for Saido Berahino.

Albion Chairman Jeremy Peace said: "Our position remains unchanged. The sale of this player is not on our agenda."

:llorishuh:

To be honest, I couldn't care if we spent £25mil on Berahino.

It is about time we spent some cash. Lets be ripped off, so long as we get our target.

The cash spent doesn't effect me. It is not like we will reduce ticket prices if we get a cheaper alternative.

WBA are publicly pulling our pants down. I think he would be a good signing but that's it, I really don't think he's going to come in and set our season alight. I hope I'm proved wrong and he bangs in 20+ goals and we see a Kane/berahino line up at the euros next year.
If he is our number one target then pay the money and move on, if he's not then tell WBA to go fuck themselves and concentrate on getting someone else in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom