Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
vwEtn0L.jpg

I didn't know that levy once dated Steve Tyler from Aerosmith

Berahino is 100% not going to be a WBA player in a few days time also. Really hope he comes here :pochserious:
Yeah, WBA really need to offload someone. Being able to spend a bit more due to the TV money stuff ... is one thing, but I think they have like 5 (or 6) strikers ... FIVE, atm!

And with that, I wouldn't at all be surprised if United jump up on this wagon, especially because of how they've been recently and that JH is leaving. Plus, I don't think no one else needs a ST. So I'm really hoping that United go for Austin or Pato instead (if the rumors are true). I'd be happy with Austin, but I get the feeling that Poch doesn't want him. And we better not panic buy, especially if Poch doesn't rate him, as we know how that ends up.

I wouldn't be 100% sure on Berahino leaving because I could see WBA rather selling someone like Anichebe. But yeah, the chances of him leaving are high.

And with that, I wouldn't at all be surprised if United jump up on this wagon, especially because of how they've been recently and that JH is leaving. Plus, I don't think no one else needs a ST. So I'm really hoping that United go for Austin or Pato instead (if the rumors are true). I'd be happy with Austin, but I get the feeling that Poch doesn't want him. And we better not panic buy, especially if Poch doesn't rate him, as we know how that ends up.

Rumors have ManU bid for Austin & silly money for Martial.

wonder what it must be like for Levy on the last 48 hours when so much craziness happens.

Does he wake up at 5 AM, sniff a few lines of cocaine to get him going, don the £100,000 power suit custom made by Armani, jump in the rolls. Just got some stupid Wolf Of Wall St image in my head.
Of course not, more like:
- crack open another Mr Byrite suit ( stashed a few hundred away a while back)
- Stop into Greggs for breakfast (2 sausage rolls for £2)
- Top up his Virgin Media PAYG mobile
- Bus to the office
- Lie on his pile of millions in the vault

giphy.gif

- Quick browse through Spurs Community to check who Jetset reckons we're buying (don't buy)
- Make another offer for Berahino
- Eight hour nap
- Cheeky last minute bid for Danny Graham
- Home to watch Netflix (while free month trial still works)

Saw this on SC. It's a list of all the players that we have been linked with, beginning from the end of the winter (14/15) transfer window:

GK: Begovic, Sebastian Sosa, Baumann, Cech, Horn, Ben Garratt, Krul, Mat Ryan, Julian Cuesta, Victor Valdez, Ilias Moutha Sebtaou, Fraser Forster, Ali Al Habsi, Roman Weidenfeller. Mattia Perin, Mandanda, Sirigu,

RB: Miguel Lopes, van Rihn, Vrsaljko, Domagoj Vida, Micah Richards,D’Ambrosio, Trippier

CB: Schar, Alderweireld, Ogbonna, Kjær, Kamil Glik, Abdennour, Mustafi, Mammana, Sergio Sanchez, Vinko Soldo, Albiol, van Dijk, Savic, Zino Vandheusen, Marco Migliorini, van Beek, Lombaerts, Vestergaard, Wimmer, Höwedes, Moreno, Winston Reid, David Astori

LB: Jonas Hector, Umtiti, Cissokho, Jonathan Castro, Damien Dussaut, Moustapha Seck, Claudio Zuniga, Kurzawa,

DM: Weigl, Geis, Camarasa, Mehmet Topal, Jacobo Sala, Ignacio Camacho, Khedira, Donsah, Bubacar Boi Djaló, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Morne Nel, Kristoffer Ajer, Kondogbia, N’Golo Kante, N’Zonzi, Mario Suarez, Thiago Motta, Lars Bender, Sven Bender, Kramer, Moussa Sissokho, Cambiasso, Tino-Sven Sušić, Kevin Vogt, Raul Meireles, Illarramendi, Sebastian Rode, Wanyama, Jeremy Clement,

CM: Rabiot, Cleverly, Neeskens Kebano, Mata, Anderson Talisco, Franco Vazquez, Ben Kennedy, Andrija Balic, Krohn-Dælhi, Brahimi, Gokan Tore, Demirbay, Delph, Felipe Anderson, James Maddison, Cabaye, Samper, Ondrej Duda, Hamsik, Eran Zahavi, Sofiane Boufal, Idrissa Gueye, Guarin, Ekdal, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Nainggolan, Timothe Congnat, Højlbjerg, Willl Hughes, Omar el Kaddouri, Karol Linetty, Andrija Balic, Dzagoev, Sergi Roberto, Shelvey, Barnetta, Oliver Kemen, Vertout, Nicola Vlasic, Gorkhan Tore, Sergio Oliveira, Keisuke Honda, Ronny Lopes, Bilal Boutobba, Clement Moy, Sergi Darder, Sofiane Boufal,

RWF: Simon Zaza, Andre Ayew, Castilejo, Gaitan, Shaqiri, Thauvin, Patrick Roberts, Yarmolenko, Isaac Cuenca, Leroy Sane, Cheryshev, Sydney Sam, Marco Asensio,

CF: Ings, Niasse, Luka Jovic, Mark Uth, Javi Hernandez, Jackson Martinez, Slimani, Lambart, Doumbia, Cassano, Austin, Ola John, Drmic, Sardar Azmoun, Emenike, Babacar, Higuain, Icardi, Arnautovic, Gignac, Sehrou Guirassy, Callum Wilson, Kruse, Sydney Sam, Obbi, Mandzukic, Mark Uth, Bertrand Traoré, Ayoze Perez, M’Baye Niang, Moussa Konate, Teo Guttierez, Aubameyang, Ilicic, Batshuayi, Kokorin,

LWF: Lavezzi, Depay, Mauricio Tevez, Simo, Afellay, Jay Rodriquez, Ryad Mahrez, Franco Cervi, Heung-Min Son, Berahino, Rafa Silva, Konoplyanka, Dybala, Eduardo Salvio, Miralles, Schurrle, Demarai Gray, Destro, Timo Werner, Boetius, Lacazette, Kampl, Bakkali, Bilal Ould-Chikh, Adrien Bongiovanni, Ntep, Pedro, Bolasie, Salah, Claudio Beauvue, Viktor Fischer, Julian Green, Martial, Carlos Tevez, Clinton Njie, Albert, Adomah, Carrasco-Ferreira, Victor Moses, Mertens, Breel Embolo, Juan Iturbe, Jose Callejon, Ashley Young, Pato, Turan, Ponce, Alvaro Vadillo, Jeison Lucumi, Borini,
(Credits to @Dharmabum)

200+ players! ... Even I could compile a list of 200 targets and get a few right.
Makes you wonder how easy of a job (some of) these sports journos have.

:avbshock:

I think we could potentially be the busiest club in the league over the next two days. Still 3/4 potential outs. We all know the two positions we need players in.

The managers who know they're doing fuck all have said they're finished whereas Poch is still mentioning 'targets'. He knows we need a centre forward and I would be very surprised if we were to shell out £22m on someone them not address the most obvious gap in the squad. I'd be more surprised if we didn't sign Berahino although WBA I'm sure would love to sell him to anyone whose not us. Gotta hope he digs his heels in for us I guess.

I'm not sure if we will sign a CDM but we are clearly interested as I very much doubt if Wanyama would have handed in a transfer request if he knew we wernt genuinly interested. I'd prefer Witsel, think he can offer more, but just seems a longshot and he won't be playing Champions League with us.

Graziano Pelle is exactly the 'black box' signing we need. Offers what Austin does and more. Leads the line for Southampton perfectly. Before his move I had never heard of him. Come on Mitchell, load up that FM database

Graziano Pelle is exactly the 'black box' signing we need. Offers what Austin does and more. Leads the line for Southampton perfectly. Before his move I had never heard of him. Come on Mitchell, load up that FM database

He had the most insane scoring rate in the dutch league. Scored weekend after weekend. I was just waiting for someone in the PL to pick him up.

At what? Ball retention? A useful quality, but if you're being deployed as an attacking midfielder you need to make a difference ie. goals/assists.

Seriously, what the fuck do you think is the only stat we generally dominate in games? It's possession, you need to retain the ball for that. Control, strength and quality help, he has more of that than most of our players. He is deployed all over the place in truth but poor old Mason for being made CDM or poor Dier who has to learn a new position, poor Lamela who has only had 2years to find his feet and show more than glimpses of potential, yet fuck Dembele because he's not 23 and a headless chicken?

Sorry but he's being singled out because he's frustrating that he could be so much better but, the fact is he is already a better quality of player overall than we have generally.

I think we still need to look a bit at Poch's system and the horrid mis-balance of the squad, his stubbornness was obvious, now he's tinkering out of some desperation. One way or another it's trying to put square pegs into round holes, rectangles at best or, it's a system that is flawed and still not understood by the majority of personnel.....it has to be at least one of those if not a bit of all of them because who can honestly say they see a consistent, pressing, high intensity, attacking style of play that we can all identify with? It's not there, there is possession, patient build up, sometimes a struggle for ideas and a lack of killer instinct.

All being well, even though the slip ups of the past two weeks have been frustrating, hopefully our defending is getting better and will stay that way. We need N'Jie and Son to be quality, give us real impetus in the final third and, we must get quality cover for Kane before 6pm Tuesday. I really want a CDM that is also a decent deep lying playmaker which could step us up but really can't see it happening or who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom