Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know this?

How do you know Levy didn't already have a price agreed in principle only for Peace to ask for more at the end?

How do you know that Levy didn't up then offer more than was agreed in his 4th and final offer, only for Peace to remain stubborn and still refuse to sell?

Have you ever tried to buy something off someone who doesn't want to sell, even if they said they would sell to you?
We had one target- Berahino. If we had a plan B, we wouldn't be stuck with one striker until January. Sounds like eggs in one basket to me ? It seems that negotiations started months ago. Our first official bid came a couple of days ago. Since then we have made 3 more bids. Peace & Pulis have both said "never say never" about Berahino but they had named their price for him. Granted, we are not privy to that price & we may have met it -but I would have a bet with you that we came nowhere near to their valuation. If I go into tesco & fill up my trolley with steak & champagne, then offer the cashier 50p I wouldn't expect to get my trolley past the cashier. Whenever I have bought something, I have paid what was asked of me, apart from a pair of sunglasses on holiday 10 years ago that I got the bloke down to €5 for a classy pair of Ray Boms...

Don't know why I am posting, angry as fuck but it's kind of therapy to release.

So then based on this window what's our expectations this season?

Hard to say. Stoke, Palace, Everton, Swansea look good.

I'd wager 6th. Don't think it will be as bad as some state but we can't compete with one striker.

I'm not sure how any Spurs fan can be happy with this situation right now? No one can sit there and bull*** me by saying spurs have got enough options upfront to compliment Kane because Spurs wouldn't be putting in these last minute bids for Berahino if we weren't in desperate need for a striker. Which then leads me to believe that Levy all along knew West brom wouldn't accept. He knew all along these last minute bids were a ploy to show the media and the spurs supporters that he "tried" ...it's like Moutinho, it's like Musachio, it's like Schneiderlin... no doubt in my mind Daniel Levy is pulling the wool over the spurs supporters eyes and has been for years.

Me and a few other supporters on here figured out this bald cunt years ago hence our negative stance on him in regards to our transfer policy. What Levy does in the background in regards to the stadium etc I applaud but that's where it stops!!! stay the fuck in the background Levy and do the internal stuff at spurs like you do but lay the fuck off the transfers you useless cunt!!!

We have been down this route year after year with the same mistakes being made year after year. If you wanted Berahino which clearly we did then why wait for the last 2 weeks of the window to make your move? Surely as a number 1 target you go in early so if any complications arise you have enough time to get the deal sorted instead of frantically trying bids with 2 hours to go Son and Njie are 2 exciting signings but they are not "strikers". If Harry Kane get's injured who the hell do we replace him with? Adebayor?

What an utter shambles from top to bottom!!! The fact that the Spurs website changed Hueng min Son's profile online from midfielder to striker speaks volumes despite them denying it. They knew damn well spurs were not going to sign another striker and so did the fans who know how our wanker of a chairman operates. The pathetic "levyd" noise we get from a certain section of our supporters have nothing to say now. Your bald hero has been properly "leavyd" by a guy who wasn't going to take his shit and I await to see what excuses you have when Harry Kane get's injured and we are left with no striker......not to mention another superb bit of news with Adebayor still lingering around the club like a bad smell to dare is to do???? fuck* off!!!!!

Where does this 'highest prices thing' come from? If I as a mere bronze member can get 13 out of 19 games for £37 or less, is that really the highest in the league?

Probably not the right time or place, but here goes (taking South lower as the most popular area to be, no?):

Category A: 6 games - £48 = £288

Category B: 6 games - £37 = £222

Category C: 7 games - £32 = £224

£288, £222, £224 = £734. Averaging at....£38.

Lets take another team who uses Categories, a rival. Liverpool. We'll take the Kop as an example for a similar area of the ground:

Category A: 6 games - £48 = £288

Category B: 10 games - £43 = £430

Category C: 3 games - £39 = £117

£288, £430, £117 = £775. Averaging at...£41

Also, as an away regular the majority of our tickets tend to be priced at £40 upwards (yes, the smaller teams see us as a big game unfortunately)

Now just because we have a couple of hundred prawn sandwich seats at a ridiculous price, can we drop this rhetoric? Every club has them. We are based in London which automatically bumps ours up more if anything, so I hate seeing this used by people in a rage.

Our season tickets per game is more than Woolwich's as they include 7 or 9 cup games in theirs

The most expensive ticket at WHL is more than any other in the Country.

But you carry on and think ENIC are offering value for money.

We are being mugged off completely.

I also think horribly West Ham might not fade away like last year, they also fucked off out the EL which helps them.

I honestly thinking our front 4 are better this season than last...
----------Kane
Mixture of Eriksen, Son, N'jie, Chadli, Townsend Lamela.

Our defense looks sorted.

The big question is CM. Mason, Bentaleb, Alli, Dier. Talk about throwing the kids into the fire. So far I've been impressed, but it's a long season and we're in for a lot of growing pains.

...But its generally as cheap, if not cheaper than others...which is the point I was making.

"The north-east is the least costly place to watch Premier League action thanks to Newcastle United, whose cheapest match-day ticket is just £15. The Midlands is not far behind, with Leicester City, Aston Villa, Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion all offering competitive prices.

But deep pockets are required in the capital, thanks mainly to Chelsea's £50 'cheapest' match-day ticket"

£40 is more expensive than most people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29527838

I'll tell you exactly what is happening here. Levy is winging it. When the new stadium is done and the money increases we'll sign better players and/or the club will be sold to a bigger buyer. Either way Levy gets patted on the back for ultimately coming through and taking the club to the next level. So this means he can afford to coast financially for a couple of seasons.

But I call bullshit. With Levy it has always been the financials and otherwise shortsightedness. It was shortsightedness that dumped Jol. It was shortsightedness that failed to support Redknapp in his last window and then dumped him. It's shortsightedness always getting a manager of the moment based on shirt term achievements. Its shortsightedness always leaving key team position transfers to the last minute and not making sure his manager's needs are met.

Levy's plan is there for all to see. He is not prepared to speculate to accumulate on the field and he knows that the fanbase is big enough that for all those fans he pisses off there will be others waiting in the wings to hand over cash for tickets and merchandise. He knows that if the stadium pans out he can take the piss out of the long term fans in the interim, and I think that's wrong. Very wrong.
Probably the best post in the thread.

Poch has been stitched up....It was clear months ago he wanted to get the signings done early. He fucking said exactly that, and Im not sure why his words were dismissed by many, and why people suddenly expected Levy to back him.

He was let down before the Utd game. He was let down again by having players signed late on without work permits. Targets that I dont believe for one second were his choices.

The worry is that we have seen what happens when Poch has players he doesnt feel are right. So I pray he can work with Njie and Son. He has to bite the bullet and grow in that sense.

Ade still being here after Poch going public on his future here is a shambles. He wont be used, but he will be paid.

Lamela wants to leave. How did we mess that up? Seriously, just how does that happen? While we wasted our time bidding again for Berahino...a player we were told weeks ago isnt for sale. Do you believe them now Levy?

You lot too...do you believe WBA now?

Oh dont tell me, Levy has a fuck load of people working the transfers. Yeah? Ok, then, well maybe one of them should have signed a DM because Dier and Mason start to look like 80yr olds after about the 70th minute, and we are all of 4 games (and 3pts) in.
I know, maybe we should have tried to trigger Witsels £70M release clause with £20M bids, while West Ham sneak in and sign Song under our noses. Good stuff Spurs.

A striker. Well isnt the joke on us...but then again, there are no strikers out there. Signed by other clubs about 8 wks ago, thats why. While we wait for the deadline day and then start running around to clubs like desperate crack whores begging their dealer. Nope...sorry, 5p is not enough Dan.

Some might have a good old melt tonight. Some were doing that 10 days before the season started, and got told they were cunts.

Well look at that.....are'nt we all feeling a little "entitled" tonight eh?
Pretty much agree entirely, but just to clairfy the bit in bold, the nature of football and immigration law is such that you cannot apply for a work permit (or rather a Tier 2 visa since work permit is a colloquialism based on an visa that no longer exists) until the job offer exists, which would mean the clubs would need to have agreed a deal. So, announcing a deal subject to resolving the immigration issues is entirely consistent with that.

Not that it changes the serious failings in this window (and the other windows), but I'm a pedant as you know to this helps me vent. :)

Don't know why I am posting, angry as fuck but it's kind of therapy to release.

So then based on this window what's our expectations this season?

Already been said by me Tomo but like you say its therapy!

We'll be roughly where we are in the table by December, Pooch the poodle will be sacked, new manager in, some transfer dealings in Jan and to really look on the bright side maybe a decent FA cup run and mid table finish!

That's fucking it!

And to all the Poch apologists like The Dane and Gibbs........get fucking real!

Our season tickets per game is more than Woolwich's as they include 7 or 9 cup games in theirs

The most expensive ticket at WHL is more than any other in the Country.

But you carry on and think ENIC are offering value for money.

We are being mugged off completely.

I can't be bothered to spend the time checking all of that out, but we're not being mugged off with ticket prices as much as you think. What is Swansea away, something like £45. They pay £32 when they visit London. ENIC mugging us off indeed.

We sell about 300 tickets at £80 6 times a season. I'm assuming you sit in the west upper and buy these? Thought not.

Just another short sighted person using something very small to beat ENIC up with.

We got rid of capoue, Paunho and Soldado as they were shit. Mostly everyone agreed with that.
Everyone agreed, mostly, that Fazio was not working. Most people though Lamela was shit Everyone agreed that we needed a CB, a RB, AML for back up to Chadli , AMR as Lamela was not cutting it and an DM.
we all wanted the dead wood gone.
We have sold Kaboul, Capoue, Paulinho, Soldado, Holtby, Chiriches and Stambouli, the dead wood.
We brought in a RB, 2 CB's an AML and AMR/AML.
Everyone in the PL has at least 2 strikers. Well if Jay Rodriguez and Shane Long count as strikers, then HSM, and Chadli do.
Maybe we should have fucked of Alderweireld and Trippier and Wimmer and gone all out for another striker and offered West Brom £45m for Berahino.
Fuck me you cant keep everyone happy.
ENIC a cancer. Get real.
We haven't been out side the top 6 in 6 years and this is our most consistent in the league since 60 -65 ( when we won the title) .
I will go out on a limb and say this is our most consistent 6 years in the top flight EVER.
I am not going to check records.In my lifetime I cannot remember us being so consistent.
All in a time when it is considerably more difficult and we are NOT able to compete with the likes of Man City, Woolwich and Chavs, let alone Man U. We were never a decent league team when we were the biggest club in London.
So to say ENIC have dragged this club down is bollocks. Did you ever go to our old Cheshunt training ground? I did when I was young and even I was astounded how shit it was.

You can't get all your targets all the time. Unless you can pay £40-50m and pay £150k a week. We can't.
We have some spoilt fickle fans who need a fucking reality check.
I honestly can't believe you just called Chadli a striker lol

10th for us this season, not a hope in the cups and I am being optimistic

Seriously pissed off that our club has one recognised striker it wants to use. Not fair on harry and not fair on us supporters. Not fair on poch either

Can we still do loan deals?

Two things confirmed today.
1. Chairmen have got Levy's number and wont put up with him any more.
2. Adebayor is top in cuntishness only by Judas

Simple he was brought in to do Levy's bidding, not make a fuss if and when Levy fucked him over
and to roll over to have his tummy tickled from time to time provided he learned Engrish ( he's nearly there!)

So now after this transfer window Levy has royally fucked him and us fans over!

So Pooch comes out with "he's happy with the squad!"

One forward and one DM who is really a defender for 4 competitions plus internationals!

You couldn't make it up!

The only thing Poch could do now to gain an iota of respect would be to resign saying due to Levy, his position is untenable, which it is!

He won't though so come December when we're still roughly in our present league position and Levy thinks our value could go down he'll get the boot and we'll have to start all over again!

Have you seen Groundhog Day ?

You obviously think all is well so please refer back to my previous comments regarding bacon!

:pochbye:
You're batshit crazy

I'm just hoping Harry gets in the starting line up against San Marino at the weekend and nabs a few goals to kick start his form. If we've only got one striker, I'd rather he rediscover how to find the back of the net ASAP.

Likewise but at the same time what happens if he gets hacked down by a San Marino plummer and spends the next six months injured, we're seriously fucked. I'd be shitting myself every time he goes near the ball and will do until the next transfer window.

In some ways we shouldn't get angry at Levy as his job criteria by ENIC will be to bring the best returns on their investment, with the actual football team coming a long way down the list. Much like the way Newcastle are run at the moment, keep Spurs in the Premiership till the ground gets built and then flog the club to the highest bidder.

To quote one of our greatest managers '"There used to be a football club over there".

so there is only one thing to do now. Make peace with Ade. The managers objective is to make the best of the team hes got. In this team there is two strikers. We need both. So until January make peace

I can't be bothered to spend the time checking all of that out, but we're not being mugged off with ticket prices as much as you think. What is Swansea away, something like £45. They pay £32 when they visit London. ENIC mugging us off indeed.

We sell about 300 tickets at £80 6 times a season. I'm assuming you sit in the west upper and buy these? Thought not.

Just another short sighted person using something very small to beat ENIC up with.

We pay top money for mediocrity but guess your right ENIC are doing a marvellous job and we have really progressed in the last 5 years or so.

Poch has been stitched up....It was clear months ago he wanted to get the signings done early. He fucking said exactly that, and Im not sure why his words were dismissed by many, and why people suddenly expected Levy to back him.

He was let down before the Utd game. He was let down again by having players signed late on without work permits. Targets that I dont believe for one second were his choices.

The worry is that we have seen what happens when Poch has players he doesnt feel are right. So I pray he can work with Njie and Son. He has to bite the bullet and grow in that sense.

Ade still being here after Poch going public on his future here is a shambles. He wont be used, but he will be paid.

Lamela wants to leave. How did we mess that up? Seriously, just how does that happen? While we wasted our time bidding again for Berahino...a player we were told weeks ago isnt for sale. Do you believe them now Levy?

You lot too...do you believe WBA now?

Oh dont tell me, Levy has a fuck load of people working the transfers. Yeah? Ok, then, well maybe one of them should have signed a DM because Dier and Mason start to look like 80yr olds after about the 70th minute, and we are all of 4 games (and 3pts) in.
I know, maybe we should have tried to trigger Witsels £70M release clause with £20M bids, while West Ham sneak in and sign Song under our noses. Good stuff Spurs.

A striker. Well isnt the joke on us...but then again, there are no strikers out there. Signed by other clubs about 8 wks ago, thats why. While we wait for the deadline day and then start running around to clubs like desperate crack whores begging their dealer. Nope...sorry, 5p is not enough Dan.

Some might have a good old melt tonight. Some were doing that 10 days before the season started, and got told they were cunts.

Well look at that.....are'nt we all feeling a little "entitled" tonight eh?
Actually agree with some of that. As I've said all window my opinion isn't set in stone. It's based on facts. And the facts are now in (for the most part at least).

One thing I do disagree on, and I'm surprised you are still saying it, is that Berahino clearly WAS for sale. They've released statements saying we didn't meet their valuation. And as much as WBA are trying to sell a sob story about not having time to get a replacement that is absolute bollocks. Peace is every bit as big of a cunt as Levy may be. This coupled with the Odenwengi embarrassment a few windows ago says it all.

If the valuation was 25m as suggested and we've made a final bid of 22.5m then Levy is a massive cunt. And needs to stop trying to play the big business man (I won't hold my breath on that). How much stock can be put into these figures that are banded about on SSN I don't know tho.

I think my biggest disappointments in this window weren't striker related but Cabaye going to Palace and Illarramendi going to Sociedad. Both players that could have made immense difference to our control of midfield, and improved our defence by limiting opportunity for our opponents.

We have been left extremely short up front. I think 99.9% of us recognise that. We are still Tottenham Hotspur and the club that the majority of us love to fucking pieces. I'm not cutting up my season ticket and sending it back, I'm looking forward to seeing N'Gie and Son in spurs shirts at the lane in 2 weeks time and getting behind the 11 on the pitch.
I don't support Daniel Levy
I support Tottenham Hotspur
We were here before him and we'll be here when he's gone.
COYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom