Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal opportunity to get Benteke as part of the deal.

I don't understand the fascination with Benteke, to be honest. Yes, I do in as far as he's a monster in the air. But I just don't see him fitting in. If Poch's pressing is to work, it has to start from the front, and this bloke runs less than Ade. Do we really want to start punting balls up when we've got Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and what have you behind a striker. Also, he strikes me as a hugely unintelligent player. His movement is poor, and he's forever STANDING in an offside position. With someone like Defoe, lots of offsides was somewhat okay because he was trying to break the trap with runs, but Benteke just seems unaware. Actually Belgium has fairly similar players to us behind the striker and he looks god awful there.

I don't understand the fascination with Benteke, to be honest. Yes, I do in as far as he's a monster in the air. But I just don't see him fitting in. If Poch's pressing is to work, it has to start from the front, and this bloke runs less than Ade. Do we really want to start punting balls up when we've got Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and what have you behind a striker. Also, he strikes me as a hugely unintelligent player. His movement is poor, and he's forever STANDING in an offside position. With someone like Defoe, lots of offsides was somewhat okay because he was trying to break the trap with runs, but Benteke just seems unaware. Actually Belgium has fairly similar players to us behind the striker and he looks god awful there.

Agree - he fits a long ball team with quick players around him, as shit as he is we'd actually probably be better off signing Agbonlahor. Benteke won't work with Kane.

Seems if we really want him there's still time to hijack the Inter deal. Saints see him as a Schneiderlin replacement according to the article. Hmm..:gallashmm:

Can't see why Poch and co. wouldn't be all over this. He seems to be a perfect fit and I would love if we would pounce all over this. Then we could just focus on the wings and a second striker.

It's the same every window, a massive game of Guess Who for the transfer lovers, we mark them off as one by one they go elsewhere.... Then bag someone who wasn't even on the board in the first place!!

NwiPf0C.gif

How about Jan at DM? Big, long legs, quite fast, decent tackler, positionally aware, good stamina, good passer, decent shot on him. But will probably throw a hissy if played there.

Worth a punt?

Last winter getting in a new striker was an absolute priority. We failed in that, and our season crumbled away from January onwards.

This summer, a new striker is still the absolute priority. I'm happy we have got Wimmer and Trippier in, but the main issue remains unsolved. Without at least one new striker in, another trophyless and disappointing season is looking very likely indeed.

Last winter getting in a new striker was an absolute priority. We failed in that, and our season crumbled away from January onwards.

This summer, a new striker is still the absolute priority. I'm happy we have got Wimmer and Trippier in, but the main issue remains unsolved. Without at least one new striker in, another trophyless and disappointing season is looking very likely indeed.
We want solutions, not problems.

Who would you suggest that will play alongside or play a lot less than Kane and will significantly improve the squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom