Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I invented the term "top player"...sorry i suggest you go back and re-read this whole debate and you will see it was 'Danoir' that mentioned it first.

Again, you're mistaken. My first reply on the matter was pointed at you, when you said he was never a top player as a reply to Mister Clark. Jesus.....

I invented the term "top player"...sorry i suggest you go back and re-read this whole debate and you will see it was 'Danoir' that mentioned it first.

Ok, apologies for that, but you have since defined it.
To answer your question...did you ever consider any of those English strikers i mentioned top players?

Yes, I thought Kevin Phillips was a top player.

to answer your question bluntly (so your confusion can hopefully go away) i considered Soldado a good goalscorer in spain (much like i did Kevin Phillips here) but i never thought of either as top players because i saw glaring limitations to their games.

I never saw Jimmy Greaves play, but I read a quote from Bill Nick when asked by a reporter about Greaves' work rate and he said "I agree, he did nothing all game except score those two goals". Top player? probably.

Last edited:
Who: Ali Z
Where: COYS
When: July 21st

ali z: I have been assured there will be 2 more incomings at least. the club has a budget for wages and will be well under it if they sell a few more of the unwanted, maybe they have a surprise in store who knows.I would not believe everything you hear in the media neither Fellani or Hernandez fit Poch's style, neither been mentioned to me, not saying not true just million names get banded about Moses and Berhanio far more likely imo.

Sorry but your line of argument actually makes no sense.

Because they played for shit clubs and he played for a good club...that means what exactly? my point is that you can be a good goalscorer without being a top player...they're both completely different things (you can be both too of course but he isn't)
How many good players score goals for a less-than-average team, then get found out when they make the move up a level?

Soldado was Valencia's main man, when they were an excellent club domestically and playing in Europe.

Of course that makes him a more established player. A player scoring 25 goals in League One would not make that player as good as Aguero scoring 25 in the Premier League.

Top players/strikers prove it at top teams. Soldado has done that.Phillips, Bent and Edwards did not.

Charlie Austin isn't a top player. I want to see him do it at the top level. QPR are not that level. It's much easier in a team where you're the big fish and the play is geared solely around you.

Who: Jasper
Where: SO

Most people think the club is Villa but we don't know for sure.

jasper: Carroll is making his mind up about 'should I stay or should I go' with accepted offer on table. Don't ask as club will not be revealed.

Who: Ali Z
Where: COYS

ali z: I have been assured there will be 2 more incomings at least. the club has a budget for wages and will be well under it if they sell a few more of the unwanted, maybe they have a surprise in store who knows.I would not believe everything you hear in the media neither Fellani or Hernandez fit Poch's style, neither been mentioned to me, not saying not true just million names get banded about Moses and Berhanio far more likely imo.
These itks are getting worse and worse each year. They're all basically 'we have money, we'll buy someone, people will still leave, don't believe the media.' No shit sherlock, we better be bringing two or more in. I want names goddammit. JJetsets itk on SC today can basically be summarized 'looking at berahino, difficult, but an option.' I could've told anybody that that was true months ago. Ridiculous.

Get me Berahino and Krammer.

Then get Turan on loan for 6 months whilst poaching Volland for January.
Have you been misspelling Kramer on purpose? Because it's been driving me barmy this past week.

7448435.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom