Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is... in EVERY previous year or Transfer Window (c)SSN - that we've NOT been in the CL, one of the repeated reasons players have cited for NOT wanting to join us was "lack of CL football".
Fair enough, I get it... and as annoying as it was, it was kinda understandable.

We couldn't offer them the HIGHEST LEVEL OF EUROPEAN FOOTBALL that Chelsea or Arseanal could... it rankled, but I could accept it.

...so... what's Batshits reasons for preferring CHEL$£A over Spurs now...?

Oh yeah... the same problem it's been ALL ALONG!
If money IS all they're interested in, then our brand of togetherness and team spirit isn't gonna hold much sway I guess...

Fair enough.

Another bullet dodged!

ITK it is literally 100% made up bullshit from people who feed off attention.

Watch:

Janssen
Blue Balls: Poch is a keen admirer and the interest is there. Real possibility this would could happen dependent on the fee.

I put it in italics because then it is real.

Got me believing it that's for sure. How did the supposed ITKs over on SC get their credentials? Did they luck out on a guess once and people began worshipping their knowledge?

Thing is... in EVERY previous year or Transfer Window (c)SSN - that we've NOT been in the CL, one of the repeated reasons players have cited for NOT wanting to join us was "lack of CL football".
Fair enough, I get it... and as annoying as it was, it was kinda understandable.

We couldn't offer them the HIGHEST LEVEL OF EUROPEAN FOOTBALL that Chelsea or Arseanal could... it rankled, but I could accept it.

If money IS all they're interested in, then our brand of togetherness and team spirit isn't gonna hold much sway I guess...

Fair enough.

Another bullet dodged!

If the reported figure of £150k a week is what he is getting it would be hard for anyone to turn down. The Chavs in recent times have been Champions, regular top 4 contenders and mainstay CL club. It's not impossible to think that could be case again?

Different to signing for Palace or the Spanners, that would be pure money move with the knowledge of only maybe making a Europa place.

Ultimately it would seem our club are quite strict on their wage structure and not prepared to break it for a player who isn't a guaranteed starter, proven PL player or paying more than others who are more deserving of the salary.

Good luck to Bats he'll probably end up in the usual Chav player hoard who end up going on loan to Vitesse.

Same price as njie & son.
I think id prefer mane even though he can't be 2 players at once.

Even if you think mane is worth say 20m.
Whats an extra 14m for liverpool with all the tv money?

I'm not that good at maths but I would say the extra is approximately £14,000,000.

Couldn't agree more Archy. This forum is about 75% left wing.
And they're not exactly shy and retiring are they? Nor live and let live for that matter.
The PC liberal, yes-man, cuckold, reach-around has infected many layers of society and will only get worse, I think

Wrong thread btw

Fair enough.

Another bullet dodged!

This!

You're missing the last piece though. I'm afraid the "logical" extension of the chavs being able to pay more than us is that it's easy for agents and the like to convince players that Chelsea is better choice even without CL now, because they realistically should stand a better chance of continually achieving CL in the coming because they can pay more and therefore get better players.

I still prefer our way of doing things. Not that I'm categorically against paying big money if and when we get the finances to do so, but I love having a team with a clear ethos and anyone just there for payday can fuck off.

Yeah...it's the same people that were complaining we hadn't signed a striker last June. We're an impatient bunch aren't we
Its only been a year. & transfers are so hard & tricky to complete.
Njie will be like a new signing.
& son will do a lamela for sure.

Same price as njie & son.
I think id prefer mane even though he can't be 2 players at once.

Even if you think mane is worth say 20m.
Whats an extra 14m for liverpool with all the tv money?
I am quite excited about Njie. Gives us pace off the bench and maybe start in the LC. Hopefully gets a good pre season

From sky sports:

Vincent Janssen says he is frustrated withAZ Alkmaar for turning down a £15m bid from Tottenham for his transfer.

Sky sources reported last month that the 21-year-old, who is also of interest to Wolfsburg, held talks with Spurs in London after Alkmaar gave permission.

"I have expressed my choice at the club," he said on Thursday.

"Tottenham Hotspur have made a high bid in my eyes. There has been an offer around €18m (£14.87m), but AZ will not even come to the table.

"I would like somewhere else as soon as possible to start my preparation. This is frustrating."

Why can't people voice their concerns mate? Harry is clearly fucked because we didn't buy a striker. Give it a rest too.
There's voicing concerns and there's doing what John does.

And Harry is fucked because of 2 years of constant football. Including summers. Not because of a lack of 2nd striker. He wouldn't have been dropped even if we had one.

Eric Dier didn't look fucked despite playing more than Harry this year. It's the summer football that has done him in.

Again, it's June.

There's voicing concerns and there's doing what John does.

And Harry is fucked because of 2 years of constant football. Including summers. Not because of a lack of 2nd striker. He wouldn't have been dropped even if we had one.

If he were to have been dropped it would have been at the start of the season when he just wasn't playing great. And that would have been a negative it would seem.

Back
Top Bottom