Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's younger

Full stop

:avbhumph:

More than that. Especially the comparison between Carroll and Winks. Carroll hardly ever wins the ball, whereas Winks goes gung ho to win it and succeeds a lot. They have good passing skills the both of them, but Carroll's passing is more sidewise and backwards and Winks plays with more pace and intensity. Mason, for me, has a lot more fight and movement in his locker than Carroll. I like Tiny Tom, but I think he'll be the next to leave.

Wouldn't want him influencing our youngsters if the stories coming out of OT are true, he pissed off plenty of players there by never attending games when injured and just concentrating on getting himself fit for the Euro's, no interest in the club whatsoever, a proper mercenary by the sounds of it.

I rather think that would be the PR department working for Mourinho more than anything else. Schweinsteiger isn't a player that has a history for such things. Mourinho, oh well, there are books written about his antics.

You can all relax though, he won't come near WHL.

We have moved on from those days.

True that. Having Alderweireld, Lloris, Vertongen and Dembele at the club is gold though. They are younger than the above, but experience needs to be combined with youth. We are doing that very well, imho. Too many experienced players would make us an old team.

His game has not been reliant on speed the last seven years. He has played a maestrorole in the heart of Bayern München and Germany. His movement is what has made him the player that his is, not his pace mate....

Anyway, point was, that I'm not advocating that we should go after players with massive wages and are over the top, but Schweinsteiger is a different case, as he knows the game, he has seen all, won all, and is a 100% pro. Having spent 10 of the last 14 years in Germany, I know a thing or two about him.

He's supposedly on £285k a week at United, with 2 years left on his contract.

Even if he were the best player in the world we wouldn't pay that.

He's supposedly on £285k a week at United, with 2 years left on his contract.

Even if he were the best player in the world we wouldn't pay that.

Agree about that. He would have too accept 80k at Spurs at best. Another reason why it won't happen.

However, the idea of getting an experienced pro in makes sense to me, this discussion is hypothetical. With Wanyama, Dier and Dembele there and Alli who could step in, Winks, Caroll/Mason in back up, we are well stocked in that department.

Isco moving to Madrid always seemed like a bad move. He wasn't a big enough star at the time and Madrid refuse to create top stars unless they're youth products.

Isco moving to Madrid always seemed like a bad move. He wasn't a big enough star at the time and Madrid refuse to create top stars unless they're youth products.

Just the thought of him at Spurs makes me rock hard - but let's be honest, he will go to Arse or Chavs. We won't offer the salary he expects and I quite like the Eriksen-Alli-Lamela triumvirate...

Just the thought of him at Spurs makes me rock hard - but let's be honest, he will go to Arse or Chavs. We won't offer the salary he expects and I quite like the Eriksen-Alli-Lamela triumvirate...

It's ridiculous that Real's wages mean that only 3 or 4 clubs can afford to buy players from them.

Hopefully it will really catch them out at some point.

Agree about that. He would have too accept 80k at Spurs at best. Another reason why it won't happen.

However, the idea of getting an experienced pro in makes sense to me, this discussion is hypothetical. With Wanyama, Dier and Dembele there and Alli who could step in, Winks, Caroll/Mason in back up, we are well stocked in that department.
Holy fuck man, are you still flogging this shite?! Fucken Schweinsteiger for 80 a week. You're fucked in the head.

I think there must be some psychological explanation here. A Norwegian living in Germany, fucking a German, fetishising an old German player... occupation really has some long lasting syndromes. Get out of the Nazi rape basement mate, they are not your friends, you don't really love them

Back
Top Bottom