Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Clash were amazing but even they (including fans) said they felt like they'd sold out with Give Em Enough Rope / Sandy Pearlman producing, what about the Levi's ad and pissing off to America and never coming back ........ not knocking them for it as i like the album and they deserved to finally start making some money.

The less said about ......

the-clash-this-is-england-epic.jpg

I love how Mick Jones left that off Soundbox.

Amazing band though and well before their time as you say with the dub/hip hop/reggae stuff. Jo Strummer is a legend and it's pretty shite how 99% of kids leaving school this year won't even know who he was or they are.

Still think The Jam were better though .... just
The cost of living EP. I loved everything about that.
Also thought Weller was far more intelligent with the lyrics.
Elton rifles for instance and the story behind that.
Amazed it got to number one. Then again I wonder if most who bought it understood.
weller said David Cameron said it was one of his favourite records!
Don't know if Cameron was either stupid or being sarcastic.
Then again he got his lifelong club mixed up with west Ham

Interesting hate debate here.

I despise both Chavs and Woolwich pratically the same, differece being how i feel when Spurs win agaist em.

Arses:
puking_rainbows_gravity_falls_looped.gif

Chavs:
tenor.gif

Funny thing for me with Llorente, I was genuinely underwhelmed this time yesterday, now I'm actually looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.
He has got the big game experience and you cannot buy that so I think he will be great for Harry and Janssen.There is no big price tag hanging around his neck like Soldado so that will help as he cost us next to nothing. (-10% signing on fee due us for Siggy?)
This is a class forward who will give us the goals we are missing at the moment!

I believe we made good signings in this transfer window, the squad is stronger than it was last season. The manager and the board are working together for the good of the club and we are in good place.

We fans have to change mentality. Our main aim is to win matches, win trophies. We shouldn't care about the financial side of the club, balance sheets is not our business. We don't care if we are in the green or the red in a transfer market. The current board with Daniel Levy and his team are the ones who are responsible and accountable to the financial matters. Being in the green in tr/mrkt or top 4 is not a trophy. The board is backing the manager 100% and the new stadium and results are good on the pitch. The THFC board is doing an excellent job.

We club supporters are behind the team to win trophies and leave the running of the club to DL.
COYS

So you suggest ignorant denial is the way forward?

Hatred of Woolwich is woven into our DNA and passed down from generatoi¡ion to generation, its gloriously irrational at times (I own no red clothing, even insignificant small red stripes or lettering annoy me).

Hatred of Chelsea is for more reasoned, rational, factual. If I had to choose I'd stick with the former but they work as two sides of the same coin really.

West Ham aren't even in the equation, they're as relevant to us as Brentford
Over the last year or so I've seen a few pairs of red/burgundy trainers that look really smart but simply can't bring myself to buy them, like u say it's in the blood

Llorente may even push Kane is my belief. He will add quality to Kane's game if Kane chooses to learn from him.

What Pochettino has sanctioned and this could be that transition to being a better manager is the acquisition of a character in Aurier and an experienced player in Llorente. Not his way previously.

The Spaniard may see this as his last chance to impress on a big stage and hopefully he can do for us what Ibrahimovic did for United.

On the window. I think that overall we are a midfield option or 2 light which might be a problem.

Certainly the area to consider in January

Meh....

DM/CM: Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Winks, (+ Sissoko, Dele) & Onomah to return.

AM: Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Edwards

Based on 343 thats 11 players for 4 positions.....+ others that can muck in if we have an mass injury crisis.

Id say your concerns are unnecessary.

I am not the biggest Sissoko fan, but I really don't want to see him sold today considering we didn't buy anyone in that position yesterday...

I always worry that players of this level will turn into world beaters at another club so like hanging on to what we have but in this instance I think letting him go might be the best thing. I would like our money back for him but the money in Spain isn't the same as the UK. If he does go for £30m then we already have a decent war chest and money towards increased salaries so not a bad thing. Most groan when he is selected so what's the point...

I think next summer with the prospect of playing in the new ground will be an exciting period...

I always worry that players of this level will turn into world beaters at another club so like hanging on to what we have but in this instance I think letting him go might be the best thing. I would like our money back for him but the money in Spain isn't the same as the UK. If he does go for £30m then we already have a decent war chest and money towards increased salaries so not a bad thing. Most groan when he is selected so what's the point...

I think next summer with the prospect of playing in the new ground will be an exciting period...

Name me one player who we sold as opposed to wanted to leave who has done better or become a world beater?

I won't hold my breath. Doesn't happen.

Meh, I'd agree with you if he was dressing room poison (hellooooo Alexis Sanchez this year...) but by all accounts he gets on pretty well with the rest of the team.

My gut instinct is that he'll be motivated by a) the World Cup coming up and b) just being left out of the French squad for the first time in what feels like forever.
Fire under his arse, I reckon, plus some added chemistry on the field that will come from having been here a season already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom